• May 29th, 2021 9:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2073 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Hitman 3 [PS4 / PS5 / XBOX] $37.49 for CAA Members through PSP

Hitman 3 is back on sale at The Source. It's $49.99 and goes further down to $37.49 if you are signed to an account with Partner Savings Program.
Images
  • 123.png
Last edited by heywhatsmyname on May 28th, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13318 posts
24564 upvotes
Probably Bell Advantage PSP . Should be in title
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5312 posts
5312 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah something is wrong here, I swear video games are 3% no matter how you get the PSP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2073 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Edited post to show image of discount. I don't have Bell Advantage PSP, just PSP through CAA.

Strange if am the only one that could see or take advantage of this discount. Even if its price error wouldn't others see it too?
Aug 31, 2008
757 posts
345 upvotes
I have the Bell savings thing, and it shows $48.49 for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1298 posts
212 upvotes
All ps4 games that I checked were discounted as well...newest CoD
Mar 1, 2018
44 posts
39 upvotes
Just opened an account and linked my CAA membership and I can confirm that it shows the discount now. Browsed through other games and Hitman 3 seems to be the only one with an additional discount so far !

Edit: I was wrong there are more games

Super Mario Maker 2: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Ring Fit Adventures: 79.99$ (20$ off)
Pikmin 3: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Bravely Default 2: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Hyrule Warriors: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Mario Kart Home Circuit: 100$ (30$ off)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2073 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Nintendo Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros is also $48.99
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3285 posts
994 upvotes
Belle River
Hitman 3, get it for Xbox Series X or PS5? I guess it might look a bit better on Xbox, any other reasons?

stevensi1018 wrote: Just opened an account and linked my CAA membership and I can confirm that it shows the discount now. Browsed through other games and Hitman 3 seems to be the only one with an additional discount so far !

Edit: I was wrong there are more games

Super Mario Maker 2: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Ring Fit Adventures: 79.99$ (20$ off)
Pikmin 3: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Bravely Default 2: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Hyrule Warriors: 59.99$ (20$ off)
Mario Kart Home Circuit: 100$ (30$ off)
Yeah I checked too and it's a CAA discount thing, other PSP discounts are the usual tiny one, could be an error who knows.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1174 posts
794 upvotes
London, ON
hystavito wrote: Hitman 3, get it for Xbox Series X or PS5? I guess it might look a bit better on Xbox, any other reasons?
PlayStation version includes a VR mode for I believe all levels. Only the PS4 version of the game supports this, but apparently the PS5 disc includes the PS4 version. (I don't think that's usually the case.)

Xbox Series X runs at full 4K (2160p) resolution, whereas PS5 is at 1800p. XSX maybe has a higher shadow quality setting. So Xbox is a bit better, but it probably shouldn't be a major consideration.

https://www.eurogamer.net/games/hitman-3/digitalfoundry

Beyond that, if you already own Hitman (2016) and/or Hitman 2, you should probably get Hitman 3 on that same platform, so you can import the old levels.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3285 posts
994 upvotes
Belle River
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: PlayStation version includes a VR mode for I believe all levels. Only the PS4 version of the game supports this, but apparently the PS5 disc includes the PS4 version. (I don't think that's usually the case.)

Xbox Series X runs at full 4K (2160p) resolution, whereas PS5 is at 1800p. XSX maybe has a higher shadow quality setting. So Xbox is a bit better, but it probably shouldn't be a major consideration.

https://www.eurogamer.net/games/hitman-3/digitalfoundry

Beyond that, if you already own Hitman (2016) and/or Hitman 2, you should probably get Hitman 3 on that same platform, so you can import the old levels.
I have PSVR, well kinda, I lent it to family out of town and it's been there years heh, I don't know if they even play it anymore.

In my Xbox owned library it has Hitman 1 and 2 but I think they are those free versions.

I was looking at it on Epic store, so many DLC and access passes, I guess on PC you have to pay extra to play the Hitman 1/2 levels on Hitman 3? Confusing.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1174 posts
794 upvotes
London, ON
hystavito wrote: In my Xbox owned library it has Hitman 1 and 2 but I think they are those free versions.

I was looking at it on Epic store, so many DLC and access passes, I guess on PC you have to pay extra to play the Hitman 1/2 levels on Hitman 3? Confusing.
Yeah, trying to figure out what you own if you're not sure might be a pain. Especially for the first game/season, which was episodic. If you really want to find out, you might have to download and launch those old games, and check which episodes you have access to. You might have to do this anyway for parts of the export/import process.

It does look like season 1 was part of Xbox Games with Gold in Sep '19. If you claimed that, and still have XBL Gold (or Game Pass Ultimate), you should be able to import those levels. Might have to do that into Hitman 2, though.

I know on Steam, I got the first 2 levels free. The full season (not GOTY) was part of PlayStation Plus in Feb '19.

If you have a public library that lends games, or a rental place, or some other way to get the discs for the first two, you can potentially do cheap imports that way. Though that might not give you everything. (GOTY for season 1; DLC for #2)

On PC, they did go Epic-exclusive, which added another annoying wrinkle. I think they got it all sorted out, so if you own Steam versions, it's a free import over to EGS. It involves making an IOI account, and I assume linking Steam and Epic accounts.

Season 1 was an EGS freebie in August '20. If you got that, you could claim the GOTY upgrade pack for Hitman 3 for free. (Don't know if that's still going.) The full Hitman 2 game isn't on EGS, but you can buy the import pack to just get the Hitman 2 levels in Hitman 3. (This is an option on any platform, if owning the previous actual games isn't important to you. I don't know if pricing lines up similarly.)

You could also just skip all of this and play Hitman 3 alone.

Hopefully these can answer things better than I've tried to do:

For Hitman into Hitman 2:
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Into Hitman 3:
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-access-pass-faq/

Into Hitman 3 on PC:
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pc-location ... ing-guide/
Apr 21, 2017
479 posts
513 upvotes
Chelsea
The recent Hitman trilogy has been a hit by all accounts, and this one is no exception. I must say, however, that I feel like the replayability factor has taken a hit. While still engaging, there are less story per mission to follow. Whereas H1/H2 had something 10-12, H3 rarely has more than one or two per target.

Just my 0.02 !
Mar 1, 2018
44 posts
39 upvotes
gotglint wrote: can i ask what you had to do to join?

i also have a CAA account. never realized i could get more discounts!

- Opened a Source account
- Went on my CAA Account
- Clicked on CAA Rewards
There was the Logo of The Source among the partners. - Cliqued on it. There was a link to see offers and that redirected me on The Source website
- It then opened a simple popup asking for CAA #.
- Entered my card number and my account was upgraded

After that, on The Source website, by clicking on My Account there was a banner ad with exclusive offers for CAA members