Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

HP Chromebook $549, SAVE $250

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2022 4:40 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Xtrema wrote: Man all these hate on ChromeOS.

A lot of kids are running this for school now. And ChromeOS has been on premium devices as well.

Windows is not getting any better is term of privacy, so unless you have legacy apps, sometime you can do away with chrome devices.

The only weak park of laptop is eMMC. But it's a lot less of an issue for light OS like this one.

And if anyone want even cheaper options, try ChromeOS Flex on your ancient Windows/Mac device get more years out of them once your original OS stop getting updates.
https://chromeenterprise.google/os/chromeosflex/
How old can the Windows PC be? I have an ancient Windows Vista laptop with Core2 Duo, with 2GB of RAM, that couldn't even get online. Wonder if that would work?
Feb 26, 2013
15 posts
131 upvotes
I bought this Chromebook from BestBuy when it was on sale last year. I would say that I am very satisfied with this device. The sleek design, fast CPU, adequate memory, crisp touchscreen, backlit keyboard, great battery life and amazing speakers. My only disappointment is that it's not an English-only keyboard.

I thought about returning it because I also think $600+ after tax is too much for a Chromebook. After I tried a few cheaper ones, this Chromebook's performance justifies its price tag.

By the way, I don't play games. So my review is based on the fact that this device is primarily used for watching online videos (Netflix, YouTube, etc.), browsing websites, joining Zoom meetings, and editing files.