Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

HyperX Alloy Origins Core TKL Keyboard (Red keys) $94.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2021 4:09 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC

[The Source] HyperX Alloy Origins Core TKL Keyboard (Red keys) $94.99

Seems a decent deal for the TKL version. Amazon low is about $90. Source had the same price 2 weeks ago as did a few other retailers so may see it again soon.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 18th, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best wireless gaming keyboards!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
3383 posts
18863 upvotes
The full keyboard was on sale for 110 a few weeks ago, might come back at this price hopefully.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Some prefer the full, some prefer TKL.
Jun 16, 2021
534 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
I really like how small TKL are but every other day I use excel or calculator I thank myself for getting a keyboard with numbers.

I wish there was a bluetooth (without having to plug into usb) only numbers keyboard that didn't cost a fortune
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
This board usually goes on sale from the manufacturer at $80. I prefer the aqua switches over the red though. Have this exact board with aquas and it takes every pounding I give it. Highly recommend it as it has a metal board.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
tunda11 wrote: This board usually goes on sale from the manufacturer at $80. I prefer the aqua switches over the red though. Have this exact board with aquas and it takes every pounding I give it. Highly recommend it as it has a metal board.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out next week. I see they have free shipping in Canada as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1185 posts
610 upvotes
Edmonton
tunda11 wrote: This board usually goes on sale from the manufacturer at $80. I prefer the aqua switches over the red though. Have this exact board with aquas and it takes every pounding I give it. Highly recommend it as it has a metal board.
Looking at purchasing as a gift for my 12 year old who has a gaming laptop and wondering whether the red or aquas would be a better for his first mechanical keyboard? I'm not a gamer myself, so don't have any personal experience. I know everyone has their own personal preference. But hoping someone can give some insight on what might give the best well rounded experience for a kid that enjoys all sorts of games, from FPS, to roblox, to fortnite and MMORPGs. From what I've read, the major difference appears to be that the aquas have tactile bump, which can help with accidental key presses. Is the required force significantly more noticeable, and maybe even more perceivable to a kid versus an adult? Is there a notable sound difference between the two? Anyways, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by canukeneh on Nov 18th, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 1, 2006
72 posts
72 upvotes
canukeneh wrote: Looking at purchasing as a gift for my 12 year old who has a gaming laptop and wondering whether the red or aquas would be a better for his first mechanical keyboard? I'm not a gamer myself, so don't have any personal experience. I know everyone has their own personal preference. But hoping someone can give some insight on what might give the best well rounded experience for a kid that enjoys all sorts of games, from FPS, to roblox, to fortnite. From what I've read, the major difference appears to be that the aquas have tactile bump, which can help with accidental key presses. Is the required force significantly more noticeable, and maybe even more perceivable to a kid versus an adult? Is there a notable sound difference between the two? Anyways, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hello Sir.

I have the TKL with the aquas, because i use this bad boy for work and I liked the typing feel better.

I do use it for FPS games (silver gang) and honestly, it does feel a bit heavier than membrane keyboards, but also more satisfying.

The feel is perceivable compared to reds. If it's a keyboard just for gaming, I'd say go for the Reds. If it's multi use, maybe consider the aquas.

It's sorta like, can you run in cross trainers? sure you can, can you play basketball in runners? sure you can. But there's better, more specific types for those activities. Some people don't mind typing on reds, and some can't stand them.

If returns are free, buy both!
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
canukeneh wrote: Looking at purchasing as a gift for my 12 year old who has a gaming laptop and wondering whether the red or aquas would be a better for his first mechanical keyboard? I'm not a gamer myself, so don't have any personal experience. I know everyone has their own personal preference. But hoping someone can give some insight on what might give the best well rounded experience for a kid that enjoys all sorts of games, from FPS, to roblox, to fortnite and MMORPGs. From what I've read, the major difference appears to be that the aquas have tactile bump, which can help with accidental key presses. Is the required force significantly more noticeable, and maybe even more perceivable to a kid versus an adult? Is there a notable sound difference between the two? Anyways, any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
The post before me was pretty good, but it's 100% preference. Each gaming keyboard switch will tell you how hard it is to push the key, how far you have to push it, and if there is a tactile bump when the key press is registered.

I chose blue/aqua because as the last post stated, when I am typing for work or otherwise, it produces a satisfying click (hence the name clicky keys). I press with heavy force when gaming as well, as I pound the run button or use the aim down aight button so I like the tactile bump. I had a silver (similar to red but requiring less force and distance) key before and I found it a bit softer to press and when I rested my fingers on the keys they would depress faster and accidentally become pressed sometimes.

All that to say, if you go to a nice computer store they may have display models or open boxes that you can try for yourself. The aqua always sell out before the Reds because people want the satisfying click tho. I've seen these sales at least 5 times now.