• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2018 10:52 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
332 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Jaybird Run wireless headphone 169.99 with PSP

I didn't follow the price for these wireless earbuds that much lately, but if I ever buy them, I will go with Jaybird.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/brands/j ... /108075150
(Jet Black)

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/brands/j ... /108075144
(Drift Silver)
Images
  • test.PNG
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5388 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
Won’t touch jaybird after the Logitech acquisition and their move to a 1 year warranty. Every pair I have had has died - with 2 year warranty, I could at least count on a couple of years of use.
Jan 9, 2014
959 posts
773 upvotes
Edmonton
Jabra Elite sport is better in my books... can't swim or shower with these =(
Jul 31, 2012
208 posts
351 upvotes
I have had theses for a year and I do not recommend them. They sound OK, but connection issues are brutal. Downtown they will not hold a connection due to the interference of signals everywhere.
I want to save up for the sennheiser ones but they are $400 lol
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1308 posts
1613 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Use code merry25 to save $25 more Dec 14th only
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1914 posts
524 upvotes
I got my elite sport few days ago for $153 tax in using the PSP. Read a ton of reviews b4, many say the sport is better than these due to connection issues but the Jays sound better.
Having them a few days, these suckers are large, really feels you are wearing prosthetics in your ears. But they will not fall off unless sometimes punches u in the face,. You really need to tweak them in your ears to get it just right to get decent bass and full sound. Like them so far for gym and outside use but I will stick to my full size CANS -Sony 1000xm2 for much better sound quality and comfort.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
332 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I have never tried them, sound quality is the only concern I have.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3973 posts
694 upvotes
Windsor
IP010-A from China for $25ish USD - look very similar and perform great, I received a pair this week.
Dec 4, 2012
181 posts
127 upvotes
Calgary
I've had these over a year and tbh, they are just alright.

Just know that you can't watch videos with these. I haven't tried myself, but when I had researched prior to purchasing and I believe there is an audio lag.

Sometimes the left ear cuts in and out. But then it eventually stops.

I've had people call me with these, and I usually have to take them out. I can hear the person on the phone, but they can never hear me.

The sound quality is pretty good IMO, but it's better with the Jaybird app where you can customize the EQ settings.

I only wear these at the gym, but overtime I found the right earbud keeps falling out constantly when I'm on the treadmill running. I have tried the other ear sizes that it comes with, but none of them really work. I just use them to lift weights and light cardio. But again, everyone's ears are different.

I do like how I can double click the right ear to change a song, and it's quick to connect to Bluetooth. I feel like these reach quite a distant because when I grab weights I just leave my phone on the bench and never had any connectivity issues.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2930 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto
G77 wrote: IP010-A from China for $25ish USD - look very similar and perform great, I received a pair this week.
could you post a link
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3973 posts
694 upvotes
Windsor
ak-47 wrote: could you post a link
These are the ones I got - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Capsule ... 16813.html

For whatever reason, the seller doesn't ship to Canada anymore, perhaps due to the CP shenanigans - but you can probably find them from other sellers.

I have tried them at the gym - no issues. Watched videos with them - no lag. Sound quality is decent. Very happy with them for the price.
Feb 22, 2009
653 posts
337 upvotes
Ottawa
pinkfries wrote: I've had these over a year and tbh, they are just alright.

Just know that you can't watch videos with these. I haven't tried myself, but when I had researched prior to purchasing and I believe there is an audio lag.

Sometimes the left ear cuts in and out. But then it eventually stops.

I've had people call me with these, and I usually have to take them out. I can hear the person on the phone, but they can never hear me.

The sound quality is pretty good IMO, but it's better with the Jaybird app where you can customize the EQ settings.

I only wear these at the gym, but overtime I found the right earbud keeps falling out constantly when I'm on the treadmill running. I have tried the other ear sizes that it comes with, but none of them really work. I just use them to lift weights and light cardio. But again, everyone's ears are different.

I do like how I can double click the right ear to change a song, and it's quick to connect to Bluetooth. I feel like these reach quite a distant because when I grab weights I just leave my phone on the bench and never had any connectivity issues.
Thanks for the review....will stick with my X3s then. Have never had any pairing or interference issues, no LAG for videos, use them for conference calls all the time (even at the gym) with no complaints, great sound quality (for earbuds). Only problem is I go through the memory foam tips every couple months. The silicone ones don't seal and stay put for me as well. Looks like will just invest in more X3 foam tips rather than give these Runs a try.