Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Kindle & Kindle Paperwhite | $84.99 ($82.44 w/PSP) & $114.99 (Also on Amazon/BestBuy) (Usually $119.99 & $139.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2020 4:45 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4605 posts
1856 upvotes
Ancaster
blckmntn wrote: When did you acquire said Kobo? My family has gone through at least 5 or 6 Kobo devices, several models, and all eventually failed in one way or another. Any Kindle devices we've had are still going strong. Wouldn't trust Kobo to build anything that lasts.
My Kobo Touch is still going strong at an average of 30 books per year.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2674 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
Tough to decide between the two. I’ll head over to best to actually hold them on my hand see what is more comfortable.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3709 posts
3791 upvotes
Vancouver
Super strokey wrote: Just a heads up that Amazon is expected to introduce a colour eink kindle next year.

It will be way more expensive of course and possibly won't come though haha... Just wanted to pass on some info on it.
I think that has been expected every year since colour eink screens were introduced a decade ago. I'll believe it when I see it. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3709 posts
3791 upvotes
Vancouver
michelangelo88 wrote: Compared to the standard kindles, Oasis seems like quite a splurge. If it's in your budget, why not. But if you're waiting for a deal, it very rarely drops in price.
The Kobo Libra with the same form factor and 7" eInk screen is a lot less money. I got mine at Staples for $150 on sale. It's very thin and light, but has a smaller battery than previous generations, and Kobo still hasn't solved the comfortable grip problem after all these generations.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8585 posts
3975 upvotes
Markham
Scote64 wrote: I think that has been expected every year since colour eink screens were introduced a decade ago. I'll believe it when I see it. :)
Is colour ereader more for graphics books? I rather use full size iPad
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8585 posts
3975 upvotes
Markham
blckmntn wrote: When did you acquire said Kobo? My family has gone through at least 5 or 6 Kobo devices, several models, and all eventually failed in one way or another. Any Kindle devices we've had are still going strong. Wouldn't trust Kobo to build anything that lasts.
Similar experience

I feel kindle hardware quality is better than kobo . Might be just quality control issue

Light in kobo seems always have (hardware?) issue. It's always getting dimmer and dimmer after use for awhile. No such issues in kindle
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17528 posts
626 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: I think that has been expected every year since colour eink screens were introduced a decade ago. I'll believe it when I see it. :)
Very true. Amazon does have a stake or something in that Chinese company that launched the one there earlier this year so maybe soon?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
2890 posts
403 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Unless your reading material includes a lot of comics and manga, it's doesn't really matter. And if it does, get 300ppi Paperwhite.
I have the older 212ppi and two 300ppi paperwhites, and I can tell the difference. Only have nonfiction and I usually read on the smallest text size.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1487 posts
245 upvotes
So, can you upload books from PC?
Does it recognize other languages?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1163 posts
2952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lexi wrote: So, can you upload books from PC? Yes
Does it recognize other languages? I haven’t tried but since the setting show that it supports multiple languages natively, I don’t think there should be any issues with other languages
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1163 posts
2952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lexi wrote: Thank you! What case would you recommend for the Paperwhite?
If you’re in a hurry, then get something of any of the Canadian retail sites.
If you’re not in a hurry, then check AliExpress or eBay.ca. You essentially have 2 options (there might be others but they are not as popular). The lighter of the 2 options is a simple case with a magnetic cover that’ll perform wake/sleep function. The slightly heavier option is a case that will have a elastic strip on the cover’s inside where you can slip in your hand, this allows you to hold the kindle without gripping it (very convenient when you are doing a long book reading session). I have the latter. All non branded cases are of the same quality so go with the cheapest option with your preferred shipping option.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Dec 7, 2012
247 posts
430 upvotes
Anyone buying the paperwhite, do a price match with staples to match bestbuy price and enter the air miles mega miles coupon code 75171 to be able to complete a mega miles offer and get the reader at the discounted matched price :)
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1487 posts
245 upvotes
sfayerman wrote: Anyone buying the paperwhite, do a price match with staples to match bestbuy price and enter the air miles mega miles coupon code 75171 to be able to complete a mega miles offer and get the reader at the discounted matched price :)
Thanks, not sure what is the mega miles offer, but I'll try that:)