Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

LG CAM Plus Modular for LG G5 $0.96

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 6:44 pm
Sep 26, 2016
54 posts
15 upvotes

[The Source] LG CAM Plus Modular for LG G5 $0.96

I still have the LG G5 from Zoomer Wireless so maybe I'll use this mod one day. For $0.96, why not!

Ship free to store to get around the shipping fee.

Product Highlights
Compatible with: LG G5
Physical Button Includes: On/Off, Shutter
Zoonm-In/Out Dial, Video Record
Dimensions: 73.91mm x 61.47mm x 16mm (2.91” x 2.42” x 0.63”)
Weight: 55.28g
Images
  • 8046315-A2.jpg
15 replies
Dec 13, 2017
267 posts
204 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been looking for a good paper weight!

This will work great!
Sep 1, 2018
215 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal
OOS :(
I own a G5 since 2017 and always wanted to try this
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
LaurentD88313 wrote: OOS :(
I own a G5 since 2017 and always wanted to try this
At under $1 a piece it wasn't going to last very long and I'm sure there wasn't the largest stock on hand either.

You can check local stores as there seems to be some left.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
Great concept of a phone, but LG being LG dumped the whole thing without any support whatsoever! LG is like the Windows Phone of Android.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
stcv3 wrote: Great concept of a phone, but LG being LG dumped the whole thing without any support whatsoever! LG is like the Windows Phone of Android.
I actually pity LG's design team, they actually have great ideas for the phone, but the sec the phone goes out live, they get yanked from supporting it to work out the kink and make it great.
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: I actually pity LG's design team, they actually have great ideas for the phone, but the sec the phone goes out live, they get yanked from supporting it to work out the kink and make it great.
I can totally agree with this. LG G5 add V20 remains some of the most innovative phone we see in the last few years and they all ahd great potentials. Too bad they just don't support their phone.
Sep 1, 2018
215 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal
Cucumference wrote: I can totally agree with this. LG G5 add V20 remains some of the most innovative phone we see in the last few years and they all ahd great potentials. Too bad they just don't support their phone.
Exactly! I'm still impress of the photos this phone can take, especially for a 2016 phone.
Some phones we see today don't even have as great screen (over 500ppi) as the G5
It has expandable memory, replacable battery ... if only LG supported it, it was a great phone for the price.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2462 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
LaurentD88313 wrote: Exactly! I'm still impress of the photos this phone can take, especially for a 2016 phone.
Some phones we see today don't even have as great screen (over 500ppi) as the G5
It has expandable memory, replacable battery ... if only LG supported it, it was a great phone for the price.
Do you know why that is? I'm asking because I got a v30 hopping for an upgrade and ended up bringing the g5 on holidays for photos. The v30 pic quality was garbage with a capital G. Hated that phone but lived the g5
I love deals
Sep 1, 2018
215 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal
geotr wrote: Do you know why that is? I'm asking because I got a v30 hopping for an upgrade and ended up bringing the g5 on holidays for photos. The v30 pic quality was garbage with a capital G. Hated that phone but lived the g5
Why LG doesn't support it ? I don't know. Even worse, my phone is from AT&T so I think that's why I never nad updates ... It still has Android 7.0 and Android security patch level from 1 december 2017.

For the camera reviews, it scored 86 on dxo mark which was even better than a G7 : https://www.dxomark.com/lg-g5-mobile-re ... or-stills/
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
The G5 was a solid phone. The aluminum case makes it quite tough. I like the idea of changing the battery like you would with a gun magazine reload. One could reload a new battery in 15s. I also like the idea one can get an external "coffin" to charge and hold the spare battery. It acts as a power-bank too.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
recordman wrote: The G5 was a solid phone. The aluminum case makes it quite tough. I like the idea of changing the battery like you would with a gun magazine reload. One could reload a new battery in 15s. I also like the idea one can get an external "coffin" to charge and hold the spare battery. It acts as a power-bank too.
In Canada you'll need to get your RPAL in order to reload your G5 gun magazine style.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1179 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
Don't waste your money, it really doesn't do much other then add a physical slider (that's not great) and a physical button (that isn't really responsive).

The battery doesn't really add anything either. I bought it, used it a few times, but it's a gimmick and you can't use a case with it.
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
sgmtl wrote: Don't waste your money, it really doesn't do much other then add a physical slider (that's not great) and a physical button (that isn't really responsive).

The battery doesn't really add anything either. I bought it, used it a few times, but it's a gimmick and you can't use a case with it.
I wanted to buy it as an extra bottom piece in case the oem break(my constant concern since my mom actually hotswap battery on it). at $1, it's better then trying to find the actual oem piece for it
Signature removed due to rule violation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)