Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

LG OLED CX65 DEMO $1,499.96

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 9:47 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 30, 2016
36 posts
33 upvotes

[The Source] LG OLED CX65 DEMO $1,499.96

For those who want to gamble on a demo oled tv. LG CX 65 for a good price. You could either get a brand new in box or a demo model with 6000hrs.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 28th, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
32 replies
Member
Jan 14, 2005
330 posts
130 upvotes
Brampton
I would not buy an OLED demo TV. Not a good idea.
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Pioneer vsx-1325, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Playstation 3, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K, Amazon Fire TV Cube.
Newbie
Jul 21, 2021
28 posts
72 upvotes
I bought a 55" version of this TV a couple weeks back (also a Demo) and it only had ~1800 hours. It may as well be quite different, just thought I'd give my experience. Good deal if this one has low use.
Newbie
Jul 14, 2010
84 posts
85 upvotes
Does The Source's extended warranty cover burn-in?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
25434 posts
33941 upvotes
Great deal, this will sell out quickly while people complain.
.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1320 posts
1954 upvotes
nates99 wrote: I bought a 55" version of this TV a couple weeks back (also a Demo) and it only had ~1800 hours. It may as well be quite different, just thought I'd give my experience. Good deal if this one has low use.
thanks, that's great to know!

i would pick this up if i didn't grab a clearance CX55 from Costco a month ago
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5313 posts
7906 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Some people got lucky, but I got one with 6400 hours and burn in, and now have to cart a heavy TV to a local Source. I wouldn't risk these demo OLEDs.
Member
Sep 2, 2008
478 posts
86 upvotes
Halifax
Why did I hesitate.....buy now think later.....
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 19, 2003
20205 posts
8287 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Nikhilvoid wrote: Some people got lucky, but I got one with 6400 hours and burn in, and now have to cart a heavy TV to a local Source. I wouldn't risk these demo OLEDs.
Truth. A demo with thousands of hours on an LCD would bother me, let alone an OLED. That's the type of thing worth getting new to me. Truth be told though, if the 48" model came on demo for a killer price I might risk it since they're like magical unicorns though smaller OLEDs seem to be gaining traction this year and aren't so hard to find (but still proportionally overpriced). Still holding out for a 48 or smaller model at a reasonable price to use as a monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
8457 posts
9331 upvotes
Vancouver
A store TV in demo mode (a built-in setting on LG TVs) will not leave a static pattern on the screen. The quoted lifespan of the OLED panel is 35,000 hours. If it has 5000 hours on it, that's a small negative, but it's $1000 off!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7192 posts
5141 upvotes
Ottawa
my LG C1 65" is just over a month , it's already 365 hours.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Newbie
Jan 27, 2016
98 posts
93 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Snagged one thanks op. I bought the cx55 demo the last time it was posted on rfd. It came with 4400 hours of screen time but it looks fine to me. I'm thinking of returning it since I just got this one. If anyone in the Calgary area wants it you can have it for the price I bought it for.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 4, 2011
3229 posts
360 upvotes
Damn, everyone talking about 1000s of hours being alright, and here I bought my 65" B9 May of last year and have 571 hours on it lol. I should feel pretty good about not having burn-in for awhile.. (I also watch varied content - Movies/Shows (so mix of 16:9 content and black bars from movies) and play games (some static huds etc.))
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2013
850 posts
859 upvotes
Quebec
My local Costco demo is for sale at 2499.99 with 1000 hours on it, passed on it but grabbed one from TheSource and just hope it doesn't have too much hours. Thanks Op
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5313 posts
7906 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Scote64 wrote: A store TV in demo mode (a built-in setting on LG TVs) will not leave a static pattern on the screen. The quoted lifespan of the OLED panel is 35,000 hours. If it has 5000 hours on it, that's a small negative, but it's $1000 off!
Mine has a large static logo burnt into it, right in the middle of the screen. Some kind of large play button or advert? They def used mine as some kind of static display.

It's not that easy to photograph. There are also some weird bubbles below the logo (need to zoom in):

Image

Image

Image
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2013
850 posts
859 upvotes
Quebec
Nikhilvoid wrote: Mine has a large static logo burnt into it, right in the middle of the screen. Some kind of large play button or advert? They def used mine as some kind of static display.

It's not that easy to photograph. There are also some weird bubbles below the logo (need to zoom in):
Contact LG Canada, Burn-In is covered for 2 years labor and parts and 2 more years (parts only) from Manufacturing date (not purchase date). I chatted with them to confirm this information.

Partial transcript:
Ena11:48:08 AM
We do have an internal process for burn in issues, we do cover it for 4 years base from the manufacturing date
Ena11:48:28 AM
first 2 years would be for parts and labor and the next 2 years is for parts only.
Ena11:48:45 AM
And this is only exclusive for Burn in issue
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5313 posts
7906 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: Contact LG Canada, Burn-In is covered for 2 years labor and parts and 2 more years (parts only) from Manufacturing date (not purchase date). I chatted with them to confirm this information.

Partial transcript:
Oh wow, you've totally right. I just arranged for a service.
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2013
850 posts
859 upvotes
Quebec
Nikhilvoid wrote: Oh wow, you've totally right. I just arranged for a service.
Awesome! You can also get an extended warranty here: https://www.lgcanadaparts.com/extendedwarranties it's 400$ for additional 4 years (total 5) on this OLED purchased at 1500$. So total 1900$ covered 5 years it's really good, and it's extending standard warranty so burn-in must be included

Top