Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Mcafee Live Safe Anti-Virus/Malware Suite 1 Year Unlimited Devices TS $9.99, PM BB $1.99

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10003 posts
4133 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Mcafee Live Safe Anti-Virus/Malware Suite 1 Year Unlimited Devices TS $9.99, PM BB $1.99

The Source has this Mcafee Live Safe full featured anti-virus package on sale for $9.99 this week, Best Buy has it at full price of $89.99. So a price match there equals $9.99- $8(10% 0f $80) =$1.99 plus tax for $2.25
This is one of their upper packages with a bunch of extra features and can be installed on unlimited devices for 1 year. This includes windows, android, apple OS's and can be installed on tablets and phones too, if desired.
There seem to be a lot of Mcafee haters around here, but I haven't had any issues with this software, so if you need a commercial package like this for your household devices, I suggest that you do a little research to see if it fits your needs or not.
At the very least it might be of use to those who already use Mcafee LS and want a cheap licence extension.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mca ... 81655.aspx
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
13 replies
Nov 15, 2006
140 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg
I note the item is "Limited quantities available". I don't believe the price match policy applies to this does it?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10003 posts
4133 upvotes
Toronto
polska34 wrote: I note the item is "Limited quantities available". I don't believe the price match policy applies to this does it?
I am not seeing Limited Quantities on the product page here. Where are you seeing it?
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Nov 15, 2006
140 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg
idiotcanuck wrote: I am not seeing Limited Quantities on the product page here. Where are you seeing it?
It's limited quantities on the BestBuy page.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10003 posts
4133 upvotes
Toronto
polska34 wrote: It's limited quantities on the BestBuy page.
That's OK then. It is only an issue for a PM if The Source shows it as limited quantity. BB can use that to decline the PM if the PM'd item is Limited stock at the other vendor. They likely have this in stock at every BB store, so it shouldn't be an issue. Even so they will often use every other excuse to avoid PM'g at many BB stores.
Nov 15, 2006
140 posts
19 upvotes
Winnipeg
idiotcanuck wrote: That's OK then. It is only an issue for a PM if The Source shows it as limited quantity. BB can use that to decline the PM if the PM'd item is Limited stock at the other vendor. They likely have this in stock at every BB store, so it shouldn't be an issue. Even so they will often use every other excuse to avoid PM'g at many BB stores.
Great - in for two then!
Dec 2, 2013
28 posts
Mississauga
Tried PM with BB - they rejected PM saying model number listed on their site and source site are different. That's just silly reason as it's exact same product.
Jul 8, 2009
102 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
idiotcanuck wrote: There seem to be a lot of Mcafee haters around here, but I haven't had any issues with this software, so if you need a commercial package like this for your household devices, I suggest that you do a little research to see if it fits your needs or not.
At the very least it might be of use to those who already use Mcafee LS and want a cheap licence extension.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mca ... 81655.aspx
I tried to give it a serious go but to me the product has been such a memory and ressource hog that I had to uninstall.
--
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10003 posts
4133 upvotes
Toronto
chuck_0 wrote: I tried to give it a serious go but to me the product has been such a memory and ressource hog that I had to uninstall.
Thanks for the feedback.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10003 posts
4133 upvotes
Toronto
tipsyturvy wrote: Tried PM with BB - they rejected PM saying model number listed on their site and source site are different. That's just silly reason as it's exact same product.
Just try another BB store, if you have one nearby. Or go to the manager at the same store, often times another BB employee or manager will agree to a PM on the same day.
Oct 22, 2016
29 posts
14 upvotes
Just did a BestBuy PM on Regent ave W. bought 2 of them for $4.00 WOOHOO!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1946 upvotes
Calgary
McAfee is like a virus itself. It has the worst performance records of all mainstream protection products according to AV-Comparatives. You couldn't pay me enough to put it on my computers.
In your pants!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10003 posts
4133 upvotes
Toronto
FatWallet wrote: McAfee is like a virus itself. It has the worst performance records of all mainstream protection products according to AV-Comparatives. You couldn't pay me enough to put it on my computers.
Do you have a link to that conclusion at AV Comparatives? I couldn't find it.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1946 upvotes
Calgary
idiotcanuck wrote: Do you have a link to that conclusion at AV Comparatives? I couldn't find it.
Here you go. It's rated as "Standard," one step removed from "Tested" (the latter essentially means unacceptable). Click on other paid products (Kaspersky and Bitdefender for example, which are Advanced Plus) and the differences will be crystal clear.

https://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php
In your pants!