• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2019 8:07 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2012
136 posts
95 upvotes
CALGARY

[The Source] Monster® StreamCast S3 Wireless Bluetooth® Speaker - $89.96

This speaker was used to be ~$450 at source ($449 at staples now). Couldn't find many reviews. Buy at your own risk.
13 replies
Dec 25, 2012
629 posts
265 upvotes
Kingston
Can’t find much info or reviews on these StreamCast speakers, but there’s a lot on the SoundStage speakers, which look almost exactly the same. Anyone know if this is the case? Either way, this is definitely an old, discontinued speaker line, but the reviews on the SoundStage S3 mostly say they sound great.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2012
136 posts
95 upvotes
CALGARY
nuxper wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:55 pm
Can’t find much info or reviews on these StreamCast speakers, but there’s a lot on the SoundStage speakers, which look almost exactly the same. Anyone know if this is the case? Either way, this is definitely an old, discontinued speaker line, but the reviews on the SoundStage S3 mostly say they sound great.
In one of the video reviews, I heard someone say that SoundStage & StreamCast are the same speakers. Will try lookup the video...
Mar 12, 2011
13 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Sounds great through wifi connection, really loving the deep bass and details I can pick up in the songs. I've been leaving the speaker on and playing music through Spotify and it's been pretty seamless. Love how I can control the speaker using my phone, iPad, or laptop.

Sound via Bluetooth was nothing spectacular and I almost wanted to return the speaker.

Thanks for sharing! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 27, 2009
447 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vertt wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 1:09 pm
Sounds great through wifi connection, really loving the deep bass and details I can pick up in the songs. I've been leaving the speaker on and playing music through Spotify and it's been pretty seamless. Love how I can control the speaker using my phone, iPad, or laptop.
Sound via Bluetooth was nothing spectacular and I almost wanted to return the speaker.
Thanks for sharing! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Hi, are you using Spotify premium? If so, will it also work for Spotify free?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 25, 2003
5185 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
It’s only good , well great sounding , if you use Spotify! Bluetooth sucks on it tho. And the app is extinct. Doesn’t work or available

It used to retail for that much but I think at this price it’d a STEAL.
Mar 12, 2011
13 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
using it with Spotify premium, but I would imagine it would work with free as well. You can select the speaker using device list.
Oct 13, 2007
426 posts
45 upvotes
any luck through youtube music and such with wifi? curious on how you would connect
Jul 20, 2016
969 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
$87.26 With PSP :P
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Feb 20, 2018
82 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
I have this same item. If I can make any recommendations to anybody, STAY AWAY. Mine may be a dud, but the "WiFi" portion doesn't work at all. BT functionality is okay but the range is small. The "sub" portion is huge but not great. Disconnects frequently. Would give it a 3/10
Apr 25, 2016
49 posts
27 upvotes
Dordo3 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 4:02 pm
I have this same item. If I can make any recommendations to anybody, STAY AWAY. Mine may be a dud, but the "WiFi" portion doesn't work at all. BT functionality is okay but the range is small. The "sub" portion is huge but not great. Disconnects frequently. Would give it a 3/10
I have had a similar experience. I'd warn people to stay away from the speaker, and I'm avoiding all monster products because I've had a horrible a few experiences with the company. this speaker in particular I've already had to warranty it only after 8 months it stopped turning on. I've had the replacement for about a month and have to repair the Bluetooth after every time I turn off the speaker. The speaker also takes about a minute to turn on, which is kind of frustrating and the app is no longer available so Wi-Fi is useless to me. I'm going to be using it as a garage speaker with Chromecast. Luckily the sound is good, but for $100 I'd avoid because I don't have any faith in the longevity and expect this to be an expensive piece of plastic within a year. Honestly I only think I would buy another if it was $30.
May 2, 2008
225 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Bought one and returned after 3 days. Mine worked OK through Bluetooth, although I did not test it extensively for range, etc. The app for wifi is nowhere to be found, has been removed (probably it hasn't been maintained and would not work anyway even if I could find the APK somewhere).
The sound is okay but nothing to blow you away. I've had better sounding speakers for less.
For me the Monster brand is an average with highly inflated prices (probably the margin is like 300%). I feel sorry for those who bought it when it was released and paid the MSRP price.