Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

MS Office 365 Home - $19.96

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2021 8:45 am
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
46 posts
118 upvotes
London
Dollarr wrote: Sorry, does that mean it is available for $20?
sorry dont post much and tried to quote someone else and messed up.
Apr 24, 2015
40 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Isn't the regular version of office365 free now for personal use? The web based one
I think it's slightly limited - probably as much functionality as Google Docs/Sheets offers. If you're a Word or Excel power user, the web version may not cut it.
Jul 16, 2017
239 posts
257 upvotes
Teletran wrote: If you work somewhere and are using Office 365 for your job, it usually is a licence with multiple installs. You can install office on multiple home PCs with the same licence for free. Just sign in with your work account for the licence.
The best part of the MS Home license is the 1TB One Drive per account. I would not put personal files on business One Drive, plus you will lose access should you lose/leave your job with no recourse to get back in (files are owner by the business, not by you!). I highly recommending keeping Personal and Business files separate.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1449 posts
901 upvotes
archon wrote: The best part of the MS Home license is the 1TB One Drive per account. I would not put personal files on business One Drive, plus you will lose access should you lose/leave your job with no recourse to get back in (files are owner by the business, not by you!). I highly recommending keeping Personal and Business files separate.
Yes, but heavily discussed on other threads that One drive has a limit to the individual file size you can download. And if files paths are long one drive doesn't warn and you end up having files not synced to the drive
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3464 posts
2238 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone had any luck in GTA.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2380 posts
2031 upvotes
Ottawa
@Boggleman if you don't have a use for 6 accounts and are looking to split them with others, let me know and will share them with you
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1674 posts
1092 upvotes
Montreal
What happened to those sketchy Office keys you could buy on eBay for $6? They used to sell by the thousands.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2101 posts
684 upvotes
Noobzilla wrote: What happened to those sketchy Office keys you could buy on eBay for $6? They used to sell by the thousands.
That’s my question also? I couldn’t find them anymore.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Yes, but heavily discussed on other threads that One drive has a limit to the individual file size you can download. And if files paths are long one drive doesn't warn and you end up having files not synced to the drive
Lol not sure if you're the OneDrive boogie man or what. Keep in mind OneDrive is the OFFICIAL solution deployed by Microsoft specifically for Windows. Whatever issues you're having are very likely user error or you're using it outside of it's intended use.

I've been using Microsoft 365 Family, specifically for OneDrive storage for over a year now. Works out to be something like $1.50 /month per person. Unbeatable value, Google charges $2 /month for a paltry 100 gb
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1493 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
Noobzilla wrote: What happened to those sketchy Office keys you could buy on eBay for $6? They used to sell by the thousands.
simplylgg wrote:
That’s my question also? I couldn’t find them anymore.
Even g2a doesn't have them anymore. Haven't checked myself but I've heard allkeyshop & aliexpress still have them.
Last edited by ObLaDi on Aug 29th, 2021 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1449 posts
901 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: Lol not sure if you're the OneDrive boogie man or what. Keep in mind OneDrive is the OFFICIAL solution deployed by Microsoft specifically for Windows. Whatever issues you're having are very likely user error or you're using it outside of it's intended use.

I've been using Microsoft 365 Family, specifically for OneDrive storage for over a year now. Works out to be something like $1.50 /month per person. Unbeatable value, Google charges $2 /month for a paltry 100 gb
Ok then Let us say I use a SLR and have a 4k video 300gb in size. Can you enlighten us and confirm the complete file can be uploaded to one drive? If yes, i will be buying a subscription rightaway. If no, don't call the issues user error. There are similar issues with file path, but that would be windows (Google and u will know what I'm saying)
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2113 posts
850 upvotes
Past few weeks searched on Ebay but only found super sketchy listings that make you go to some 3rd party site. Hell no. Couple yrs ago bought 2 keys for office 2016, both legit and worked non stop.

Today only on Amazon did I find legit keys like (Off 2019 Pro +). Cost has risen though $15.99 instead of 4 bucks..
The activation a bit weird you need to do phone activation... so far so good.

Search on Amazon for seller kidseden. The guy (s) has + reviews so bit the bullet. time will tell if it stay like office 2016..
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14358 posts
3600 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
itemsale2003 wrote: And if files paths are long one drive doesn't warn and you end up having files not synced to the drive
DeltaSingh wrote: Lol not sure if you're the OneDrive boogie man or what. Keep in mind OneDrive is the OFFICIAL solution deployed by Microsoft specifically for Windows. Whatever issues you're having are very likely user error or you're using it outside of it's intended use.
I've come across the long path issue more than once, so it's not user error. However, I don't do syncing, but upload via the web interface, so it does say when a file fails to upload.
Last edited by rabbit on Aug 29th, 2021 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3944 posts
1392 upvotes
Belle River

Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) gives you unlimited storage for $15 a month, though it's not advertised as such but it is unlimited, they don't enforce any limit. It's also only one user for that price but if all you really care about is storage you simply create a directory or entire shared drive for each of your family members. People have been using it like this for years, putting many many terabytes on there, storing media for Plex or other kinds of streaming servers, misc backups, whatever.

itemsale2003 wrote: Ok then Let us say I use a SLR and have a 4k video 300gb in size. Can you enlighten us and confirm the complete file can be uploaded to one drive? If yes, i will be buying a subscription rightaway. If no, don't call the issues user error. There are similar issues with file path, but that would be windows (Google and u will know what I'm saying)
I've personally uploaded files over 900GB, over 800GB, to my Google Drive.

Depending on the situation, I will upload/download using the web interface, or sometimes FileZilla Pro which has Google Drive support, or sometimes rclone on Linux, though it can be installed on Windows too. I've never tried any of the official sync software.

Not trying to come in here like Google fanboy but since you were discussing storage specifically, $15/month for unlimited, that's probably the best storage deal out there right?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Ok then Let us say I use a SLR and have a 4k video 300gb in size. Can you enlighten us and confirm the complete file can be uploaded to one drive? If yes, i will be buying a subscription rightaway. If no, don't call the issues user error. There are similar issues with file path, but that would be windows (Google and u will know what I'm saying)
Well first of all, you would have to run your camera for a full 60 minutes to get that much footage in a SINGLE 4K file. Most camera batteries wouldn't even last that long unless they're fairly new. Further, you'd need an SD card with 512gb of storage as 256gb wouldn't cut it and 300gb / 400gb cards are pretty rare. Further still, almost any modern camera splits up video files for easy importing and editing in Adobe Premiere.

But I'll indulge you and say NO, OneDrive does not support a SINGLE 300gb file. It does support up to 250gb per SINGLE file. And if you're uploading 250gb files, you get a WHOPPING FOUR files worth.
rfd.png

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... 00ef02b586

So again, you're clearly using it well outside it's intended use, which sounds like a commercial application in your example anyway. Anyone who's not a complete muppet would be able set their camera to split video files or split files through something like 7zip if absolutely necessary.
hystavito wrote: Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) gives you unlimited storage for $15 a month, though it's not advertised as such but it is unlimited, they don't enforce any limit. It's also only one user for that price

I've personally uploaded files over 900GB, over 800GB, to my Google Drive.

that's probably the best storage deal out there right?
I'd suggest you check out reddit.com/r/datahoarder. Google DOES enforce limits and there are well established datapoints on the subject posted within that subreddit. 900gb is peanuts compared to the data users on that subreddit have.

EDIT: Formatting
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1215 upvotes
QuinteWest
These can stack correct ? If yes how many? If I buy 4, that is 4 years ?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1167 posts
1155 upvotes
Mephod wrote: See you guys are suckers. Just be like me and pay 10k a year to be a student until you’re 35. Then you get it for free

/s

But on that note is this a yearly sub? I will be finishing soon and will need access

Edit: nvm it says 12 months in the package
lol The hidden high cost of free. Winking Face You're certainly paying for Office 365 each time you're paying your tuition. Then again, that's the least Microsoft could do to reward you for partaking in higher education for its diminishing value and rising cost these days.

Not poo-pooing higher education, but it's a highway robbery for what you get in return (a life of indentured slavery to pay off your student loans). I'm a college graduate myself (many moons ago). Fun fact: did you know student loans are not wiped from your personal debts even if you declared bankruptcy? The education system now owns you. Neutral Face
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1609 posts
1521 upvotes
Moncton
Mrrfdxyz wrote: What happens after 12 month
You need to purchase another 1 yr subscription or you lose access to the product(s).
Paulie1RFD wrote: These can stack correct ? If yes how many? If I buy 4, that is 4 years ?
4 yrs total is what I've seen as the max for stacking.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)