Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Natural Light Therapy Lamp -$15 off = $35

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 10:18 am
Sep 1, 2008
672 posts
1719 upvotes

[The Source] Natural Light Therapy Lamp -$15 off = $35

LED light
1.5A
18 watts

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/smart-ho ... /108087772

Helps elevate Seasonal Affective Disorder symptoms (SAD)
Simulate sunlight to boost your mood
Customize the light by adjusting time from 10-60 mins as well as the intensity of the light
Place lamp nearby for at least an hour each day to help fight the winter blues
Dimensions: 20mm x 165mm x 280mm
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2010
1917 posts
842 upvotes
Surrey
Has anyone used this? My wife needs something like this
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2017
1533 posts
2767 upvotes
Toronto
You get what you pay for. 100% aim for the one posted by esteban as opposed to the $35 one. Realy surprised by the $240 price point. Also look up studies and timing as they're meant to be used on waking, as opposed to during the day, and take a number of weeks of daily use to start being effective.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1524 posts
2465 upvotes
Hell
purplekush604 wrote: Has anyone used this? My wife needs something like this
Didn't help me. Many people buy these without a diagnosis of seasonal affective disorder. They buy a lamp and think it will make their "winter blues" go away. I guess no harm in that but It could be something else simpler than that, or more serious. Suggest your wife see a doctor for physical exam and medical tests. If it rules out everything, then a referral to a psychiatrist for a proper diagnosis. She may require medication. Certainly exercise and proper diet helps (with everything, actually).
At any rate, if she is not doing well, don't throw a lamp under the tree, wish her Merry Xmas and think all will be well. Get a proper diagnosis.
Aug 2, 2020
20 posts
45 upvotes
I own something similar but I paid a lot more. You get what you pay for. I paid 400$, mine can light up my entire house because its so bright. It won't cure how you feel but it did help me feel a bit more energized and alert by using it everyday. think of it as like a monster energy drink. Its helps but not a cure. I doubt this would do much since the price is so low

Here is a detailed review of a similar product posted

Dec 20, 2019
935 posts
3388 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
dogdayafter12 wrote: Didn't help me. Many people buy these without a diagnosis of seasonal affective disorder. They buy a lamp and think it will make their "winter blues" go away. I guess no harm in that but It could be something else simpler than that, or more serious. Suggest your wife see a doctor for physical exam and medical tests. If it rules out everything, then a referral to a psychiatrist for a proper diagnosis. She may require medication. Certainly exercise and proper diet helps (with everything, actually).
At any rate, if she is not doing well, don't throw a lamp under the tree, wish her Merry Xmas and think all will be well. Get a proper diagnosis.
Why is the first answer to everything in the first world always medication? Not that medication doesn't have it's place, but it should only be a last resort. Psychiatrist only care about how many meds they can perscribe you. I would rather have the blues than be chalk up full of meds; obviously everything is circumstantial. And yes, I been there.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Dec 12th, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 13, 2010
443 posts
995 upvotes
I can't vouch for this product, but I bought the one from Costco in September to try to improve the quality of my sleep (which is otherwise not great, because I don't go outside enough), and it took only 2-3 days of using it first thing in the morning for me to have noticeably deeper sleep.

So basically, in my experience, they can be useful if they're bright enough, but if you're looking for the best deal, you can also build some short outdoor exercise into your morning routine for a similar effect on your circadian rhythm. I have no way to tell if that would work for sufferers of SAD, though.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1524 posts
2465 upvotes
Hell
Patrickpete wrote: Why is the first answer to everything in the first world always medication? Not that medication doesn't have it's place, but it should only be a last resort. Psychiatrist only care how many meds they can perscribe you. I rather have the blue than be chalk up full of meds; obviously everything is circumstantial. And yes, I been there.
I said "may."
Since you have been there, you must understand the chemical imbalances in the brain and how different types of medication can help with that? But you said the "blues" which tells me you don't really understand clinical depression.