[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
308 posts
268 upvotes
GATINEAU

[The Source] Nest Cam IQ $284.99

Yes it's expensive.
Regular price is $399.
All Nest Cams are on discount through Father's Day, Nest Cam IQ indoor was down to $334.
I tried earlier in the week and it didn't work, but today, you can stack The Source's PSP VIP discount to get an additional $50 off.
All other cameras are also discounted, this is the one I was looking for.
13 replies
Feb 20, 2014
98 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
What was the discount code used?

Thx
[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
308 posts
268 upvotes
GATINEAU
tkansara wrote: What was the discount code used?

Thx
You have to sign up for the PSP program... Super easy to do I just don't remember the link but it's on there. Gives you discounts on all sorts of stuff at The Source... Only reason I shop there but that's for another discussion thread
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1052 posts
600 upvotes
AB
tempta wrote: Thanks, got 1, the regular nest cam is also pretty cheap:

Outdoor (not IQ) $157.24: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/smart-ho ... /108053707
Indoor (not IQ) $157.24: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/office-e ... /108039138
Having once iq model, and a bunch of these regular indoor and outdoor ones.. unless you really need the auto zooming/panning image, google assistant capabilities, and slightly better mics/speaker.

I would take 2 regular over 1 iq anyday. The only thing that would change that would be if nest would allow higher than 1080p to the cloud, with that limitation the normal image quality between the two camera is barely noticeable once it gets to your device
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20955 posts
149635 upvotes
GTA
Yeah, I would say $280+ is still quite steep, especially considering most people who buy this are going to get the subscription on top to get the most out of it.

The non-iQs are a pretty good price though, and almost the exact same price as when Best Buy had the 3-pack on sale for $522 plus extra $50 off.
[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
308 posts
268 upvotes
GATINEAU
U4LIFE wrote: Having once iq model, and a bunch of these regular indoor and outdoor ones.. unless you really need the auto zooming/panning image, google assistant capabilities, and slightly better mics/speaker.

I would take 2 regular over 1 iq anyday. The only thing that would change that would be if nest would allow higher than 1080p to the cloud, with that limitation the normal image quality between the two camera is barely noticeable once it gets to your device
Thanks, I have the Hello and love it.
Thought about it and if the quality is comparable, the IQ is maybe overkill. Thought about it, and I just want to keep an eye on things when I'm out of the house, I don't need a crystal clear snapshot in 4K.... just the fact there's somebody in the house would be enough for a quick call to the cops.
Cancelled the IQ order and ordered the regular model, still a great discount.... thanks for the input.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1052 posts
600 upvotes
AB
TechJunk wrote: Thanks, I have the Hello and love it.
Thought about it and if the quality is comparable, the IQ is maybe overkill. Thought about it, and I just want to keep an eye on things when I'm out of the house, I don't need a crystal clear snapshot in 4K.... just the fact there's somebody in the house would be enough for a quick call to the cops.
Cancelled the IQ order and ordered the regular model, still a great discount.... thanks for the input.
I also have a hello, image quality on that is between the regular nest and the iq (it has hdr, and some of the ai features).
Dec 25, 2012
727 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't anyone else think the wire hanging out like that on the non Iq is strange?
JS
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1403 posts
346 upvotes
Calgary
James Stonehenge wrote: Doesn't anyone else think the wire hanging out like that on the non Iq is strange?
It makes it easier for some installations. I didn't end up drilling mine and put it on the garage door trim and was able to snake it through the weather stripping into the garage to plug in. If I wanted a cleaner install I would get the IQ and drill a hole and mount it nicely.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31167 posts
16918 upvotes
Ottawa
Can someone post sample pics from their cam?
I bought several Xiaomi indoor wifi cams (USD $25-$50), in which 2 is pointed out windows and the images are very clear.
Is this cam that good, for such a high price point?
[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
308 posts
268 upvotes
GATINEAU
vkizzle wrote: Can someone post sample pics from their cam?
I bought several Xiaomi indoor wifi cams (USD $25-$50), in which 2 is pointed out windows and the images are very clear.
Is this cam that good, for such a high price point?
I had looked at the Xiaomi cams and I think the problem was all the video feeds get sent to your phone via a server in China, which was a big no no for me.
I mean, I doubt my life is that interesting for the Communist party to be interested, but still,it's a little much.
Here's a screenshot from my phone of my Nest Hello which is apparently a little better than regular Nest Cam but not as good as IQ
Images
  • image.jpg
Nov 22, 2013
140 posts
129 upvotes
TechJunk wrote: I had looked at the Xiaomi cams and I think the problem was all the video feeds get sent to your phone via a server in China, which was a big no no for me.
I mean, I doubt my life is that interesting for the Communist party to be interested, but still,it's a little much.
Here's a screenshot from my phone of my Nest Hello which is apparently a little better than regular Nest Cam but not as good as IQ
Any sample of night time photos from any of the cams?