Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Nest Learning Thermostat - 249.99$ from April 11th

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2019 11:45 am
[OP]
Member
Mar 25, 2018
215 posts
290 upvotes

[The Source] Nest Learning Thermostat - 249.99$ from April 11th

Nest Learning Thermostat - 3rd Generation will be on sale at the source for 249.99$. It is 80$ off the current price and enbridge will give you 75$ credit too. You can find it in their flyer. Here, I attached a screenshot.
Images
  • 20190404_135936.jpg
26 replies
Member
User avatar
Mar 3, 2005
321 posts
180 upvotes
Thats a great deal for it...hasnt been on sale for a while. Thanked!
And i dont know how i missed the amazon deal..smh
:cheesygri
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2002
3387 posts
1848 upvotes
SPC gets you 10% off on reg. and sale prices
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1142 posts
370 upvotes
Isn't PSP extra 15% off on top of sale?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2002
3387 posts
1848 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: Isn't PSP extra 15% off on top of sale?
I have PSP and right now at reg. price of the OP item it's just taking $10 off

I don't expect the PSP discount to get bigger when the price is decreased. Do you?
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 7, 2013
889 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
For dumb folk like me, what is PSP discount? I believe SPC is the student discount program? Also, does anyone know where I can get a back plate for the Nest Thermostat? I've seen some youtube videos where people install the Nest thermostat on top of a back plate presumably to hide a hole in the wall that is perhaps larger than the Nest device itself? I believe I would need this as well.
Newbie
Nov 29, 2016
55 posts
32 upvotes
JagStyles wrote: For dumb folk like me, what is PSP discount? I believe SPC is the student discount program? Also, does anyone know where I can get a back plate for the Nest Thermostat? I've seen some youtube videos where people install the Nest thermostat on top of a back plate presumably to hide a hole in the wall that is perhaps larger than the Nest device itself? I believe I would need this as well.
nest comes with the plate
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2014
596 posts
607 upvotes
QC
When nests will be compatible with baseboard heaters (like 99% of heating systems people use in quebec) then I will go for it!
It's amazing, having bought thermostats recently, that baseboard thermostats are very limited ! Why is that so...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2002
3387 posts
1848 upvotes
zewill wrote: When nests will be compatible with baseboard heaters (like 99% of heating systems people use in quebec) then I will go for it!
It's amazing, having bought thermostats recently, that baseboard thermostats are very limited ! Why is that so...
https://www.getmysa.com/ not nest and because it's for baseboards it can add up if you intend to equip all your baseboards with one each.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Member
User avatar
Nov 8, 2015
374 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
NuF518600 wrote: Nest Learning Thermostat - 3rd Generation will be on sale at the source for 249.99$. It is 80$ off the current price and enbridge will give you 75$ credit too. You can find it in their flyer. Here, I attached a screenshot.
Great find! Do you know how to apply for the rebate if you are purchasing it from The Source? When I apply for it on the Wnbridge website, it takes me to Nest.com only where the thermostat is full price.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
9145 posts
10495 upvotes
habuyeths wrote: Great find! Do you know how to apply for the rebate if you are purchasing it from The Source? When I apply for it on the Wnbridge website, it takes me to Nest.com only where the thermostat is full price.
When you set it up it will ask you to link it to your local Provider. It's the "Rebates and rewards" section of the Nest App
Jr. Member
Dec 3, 2017
105 posts
75 upvotes
zewill wrote: When nests will be compatible with baseboard heaters (like 99% of heating systems people use in quebec) then I will go for it!
It's amazing, having bought thermostats recently, that baseboard thermostats are very limited ! Why is that so...
I use Sinope smart thermostat for my baseboards. It also works with smartthings.
Jr. Member
Jun 20, 2010
143 posts
160 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP I will be heading down to the source to pick one up once the sale starts. I have a $100 gift card given at work which will make this deal even sweeter.
Newbie
Feb 6, 2019
47 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks OP. I’m debating between the Ecobee and the Nest thermostats currently. Can anybody provide some advice on choosing? I don’t require Alexa as I don’t have the smart home speaker functionalities but want a good product. Unfortunately there are no rebates currently in MB to sway my opinion either. Any advice is appreciated!
Newbie
Sep 2, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
Wpgleafs wrote: Thanks OP. I’m debating between the Ecobee and the Nest thermostats currently. Can anybody provide some advice on choosing? I don’t require Alexa as I don’t have the smart home speaker functionalities but want a good product. Unfortunately there are no rebates currently in MB to sway my opinion either. Any advice is appreciated!
Make sure you check the installation guides for both thermostats for your furnance arrangement. I was debating between them, but it turns out the Ecobee installation would be a lot more complicated than the Nest in my case. I ended up buying nest because of this

Ecobee works with Apple HomeKit and Nest does not.
Member
Sep 13, 2007
433 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Nest learns without you telling it to.
Ecobee a lot more touching and tuning
[OP]
Member
Mar 25, 2018
215 posts
290 upvotes
Home depot and Lowe's will have it for the same price from tomorrow. No chance to price match with them to get 10% off.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1142 posts
370 upvotes
well another $7.5 with PSP. better then nothing.

Top