[The Source] NHL 21 PS4 & Xbox One $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 4:07 pm
[OP]
May 19, 2019
37 posts
44 upvotes

[The Source] NHL 21 PS4 & Xbox One $9.99

NHL 21 PS4 & Xbox One is $9.99 at The Source. OOS Online but in stock at some stores. I PM’d with BestBuy for in-store pickup.

PS4: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108089242

Xbox One & Xbox Series S/X: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/x ... /108089243

First post. Please let me know if I missed anything!
54 replies
Dec 6, 2018
78 posts
36 upvotes
great find. I do enjoy the latest versions, but I always wait for the price to drop like a stone after release. This is as good of a deal as I think I'll get :D
Dec 19, 2007
277 posts
50 upvotes
azimmavz wrote: NHL 21 PS4 & Xbox One is $9.99 at The Source. OOS Online but in stock at some stores. I PM’d with BestBuy for in-store pickup.

PS4: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/p ... /108089242

Xbox One & Xbox Series S/X: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/x ... /108089243

First post. Please let me know if I missed anything!
How do you PM with Best Buy? Are you able to do it online and then go for curbside pickup?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1784 posts
3834 upvotes
Every time I tried to win a playoff series (as Leafs), still can't get past Game 7.
Nov 29, 2011
931 posts
1133 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote: Every time I tried to win a playoff series (as Leafs), still can't get past Game 7.
set your system clock back to 1967
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3851 posts
4128 upvotes
Ottawa
Hartia0 wrote: Every time I tried to win a playoff series (as Leafs), still can't get past Game 7.
Time to trade Auston Matthews for someone clutch.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5172 posts
539 upvotes
So if I'm understanding this right, its the same game for the Xbox Series X as well as the Xbox One? That's how it's listed. While for the PS4 there's only that one, no PS5 version?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9381 posts
3899 upvotes
Matthews & Marner for McDavid.
Batarang wrote: Time to trade Auston Matthews for someone clutch.
[OP]
May 19, 2019
37 posts
44 upvotes
Anarchy wrote: How do you PM with Best Buy? Are you able to do it online and then go for curbside pickup?
I called them and asked to price match for in store. Took about 20 minutes but it worked out. They asked me to tell them a store that had it in stock at The Source and then order it at bestbuy and they would give me a refund of $10.
[OP]
May 19, 2019
37 posts
44 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: So if I'm understanding this right, its the same game for the Xbox Series X as well as the Xbox One? That's how it's listed. While for the PS4 there's only that one, no PS5 version?
There’s no next gen versions for NHL 21 but backwards compatible.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3851 posts
4128 upvotes
Ottawa
XFactor11 wrote: Matthews & Marner for McDavid.
It's a big trade, Edmonton would still say no. McD could get you any package you wanted. I would prefer McD to two players that can't win a playoff series.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20480 posts
957 upvotes
Shanghai, China
XFactor11 wrote: Matthews & Marner for McDavid.
McDavid hasn't won anything either. At least the Leafs made it to game 7. The Oilers were swept...
Sep 15, 2019
159 posts
386 upvotes
orleans
It isn't a bad buy for $9.99.

I bought it at $40 a while back, and I am very disappointed with how bad drop in has become, particularly more recently. It is impossible to find a decent drop in game. I don't expect guys in drop in to play 100 percent perfect or anything, but it is all puck chasing, etc. I play defense a lot, and everybody expects you to be able to nail laser passes through 3 lines of traffic. Nobody supports up the boards or north or south. Very few people cover when another person carries the puck, or swap into the open space. It is nuts.

They ruined online versus as well. This used to be my go to mode for one on one player. I don't know when they made this change, but you can't see which team your opponent chooses. In previous games, you'd enter the screen where both sides can see who they are choosing. This discouraged utter BS like choosing Team Canada, but also allowed people to be a bit more creative. As in, if you're insisting on choosing Team Canada and I don't quit and reload, maybe I choose another super team. Or, maybe you like playing as your local CHL team, so I also choose a comparable CHL team. Because both sides cannot see which team is chosen, it has lead to everybody using the super teams because if you use a normal team there is a good chance you will match against someone with one of the all-time teams.

Franchise mode is also incredibly broken. It is basically a beta mode. They keep feeling pressure to add new features to franchise mode so that they can have selling points, but they never flesh out or fix the features that were broken. They need to start from the ground up and fix all the basic stuff. GMs cannot even manage their contracts properly. There is no LTIR. The previous gen GM mode had a lot of these problems too, but it was more playable since there was less broken. I wish they'd bring back the old-gen GM mode as an optional second mode (call one Franchise, one GM Mode Classic) so that we could get online leagues again, which were really fun.

$9.99 with inflation is probably what it used to cost to rent a game. For that price, if you don't intend to buy the next installment, and you don't already own NHL 20, this might be a fun pickup. But there are so many flaws with the game. It really isn't a fun experience.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2545 posts
2307 upvotes
Whitby
PS4 OOS

$10 card doesn't work on it either. fyi
Sep 22, 2010
123 posts
95 upvotes
Guelph
dyalect wrote: PS4 OOS

$10 card doesn't work on it either. fyi
I just used my $10 card on it (For Xbox), need to add as a gift card. $8.85 with shipping.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2545 posts
2307 upvotes
Whitby
v1p3r69 wrote: I just used my $10 card on it (For Xbox), need to add as a gift card. $8.85 with shipping.

Thanks OP!
Awesome. I snagged a copy for instore curbside. Don't even have xbox but for $3 I can flip at eb next door or get a gc.
Aug 6, 2005
730 posts
2 upvotes
This game is so brokem. EA hasn't made a good NHL since 2014. And even then it was questionable.
Veloce_89
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1159 posts
336 upvotes
Hamilton
this is a physical disc? what year is this.....