Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] PDP Faceoff Pro Controller (for Nintendo Switch) - Intro/Sale Price Only $29.99 (or $27.89 w/PSP - Regular $39.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 10:52 pm
[OP]
Jul 27, 2014
230 posts
934 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[The Source] PDP Faceoff Pro Controller (for Nintendo Switch) - Intro/Sale Price Only $29.99 (or $27.89 w/PSP - Regular $39.99)

Hey everyone,

Just saw these new PDP Faceoff Deluxe Wired Pro Controllers, for Nintendo Switch, available on special introductory/sale pricing at The Source right now.
Works out to 25% off savings (or 30% with PSP).

Only $29.99 each (regular pricing $39.99 after Nov 21st), or even cheaper if you have PSP for $27.89.
(Great price compared to the Nintendo Pro controller which goes for $89.99 regular pricing - can get 3 of these for less than the price of 1 of those!)

Great opportunity to pickup some extra controller(s) for all of you (including me) who just picked up a new Switch from the SDM deal this weekend. :)

Notes:
- Officially licensed product by Nintendo (unlike some other 3rd party controllers/accessories)
- Source product pages shows/lists a 2 year (24 month warranty) - sweet (most controllers are typically 1 year or less)!
- BONUS PERK: Compared to a typical/regular controller, this one has two additional 'hot key' buttons on the back on controller that can be customized/used (FYI for those who may not know, often used by avid gamers for an extra 'advantage' so to speak - especially in button heavy/intensive games such as Fortnite, shooters, etc.) :)
- Comes with TWO faceplates/covers in each package
- 9/10 rating score from GamesReviews (review/pics/more info here: http://www.gamesreviews.com/articles/02 ... do-switch/)

Two versions are available:

Zelda - Breath of the Wild
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/n ... /108078971

Super Mario - Mario & Luigi
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/n ... /108078970

I personally think the Zelda version looks super sharp in the black with gold accents.

Available online (free shipping with $35+ order - so buy 2+ or add a cheap filler) and also in-store (can use links to check store stock); I just picked up a from a store in Calgary (and used PSP no problem - bring your card/printout FYI to use it).

Thanks for reading, happy shopping! :)
12 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1654 posts
634 upvotes
Vancouver
How does it feel in your hand? Seems like a cheap way to stock up on some controllers for Smash Bros if they're half decent.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2012 posts
1331 upvotes
Ottawa
I need a couple more controllers and love the price of these, but looks like they're not wireless. Our family room is kind of a thoroughfare in our house and wires draped across that space would be a disaster.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2465 posts
581 upvotes
Belle River
Do you use a USB hub to connect multiple? If so, anyone know a confirmed working one?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1654 posts
634 upvotes
Vancouver
hystavito wrote: Do you use a USB hub to connect multiple? If so, anyone know a confirmed working one?
Switch dock has 3 USB ports.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1444 posts
225 upvotes
Whitby
Same price on Amazon.ca
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2465 posts
581 upvotes
Belle River
berniebennybernard wrote: Switch dock has 3 USB ports.
Yes but one is inside the back, kinda inconvenient and also might be used to charge and play, or have something charging while playing with different controllers, etc.

Main reason I'm interested in these is my friends and I generally hate the joy-cons. I have the old but compatible 8bitdo controllers but I like to use those for different things and hate having to pair them with the Switch.
Aug 30, 2018
150 posts
109 upvotes
Guys beware, this is a wired controller. More comparable to Nintendo’s wired pro controller which are only about $40.
Deal is not THAT good.
I’m still looking for a wireless, pro-style controller at a good price in anticipation for Smash.
Disclaimer: I am brand new to the switch and may be incorrect on the pricing. I was shocked when Shoppers offered me a Nintendo branded controller at $40 until I read the box and it said “Wired”.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3193 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
Dealshark3 wrote: Guys beware, this is a wired controller. More comparable to Nintendo’s wired pro controller which are only about $40.
Deal is not THAT good.
I’m still looking for a wireless, pro-style controller at a good price in anticipation for Smash.
Disclaimer: I am brand new to the switch and may be incorrect on the pricing. I was shocked when Shoppers offered me a Nintendo branded controller at $40 until I read the box and it said “Wired”.
Wireless procontroller will be on sale for $59.99 at bestbuy this black Friday
Oct 31, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
Thats great! where did you find this information out?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2012 posts
1331 upvotes
Ottawa
rcpilgrim wrote: Thats great! where did you find this information out?
Do you mean the Best Buy sale on Pro Controller? It's in the Best Buy BF flyer that just came out - check out the BF discussion sub forum.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2465 posts
581 upvotes
Belle River
Anyone know if these would work with emulators on PC/RPi? I'm also curious about the 2 extra programmable paddle buttons on the back, I wonder if they are independent or if the controller just internally sets them to be the same input as whatever other buttons you choose.
Jul 19, 2016
160 posts
110 upvotes
Dealshark3 wrote: Guys beware, this is a wired controller. More comparable to Nintendo’s wired pro controller which are only about $40.
Deal is not THAT good.
Never knew there was a "wired pro controller" that Nintendo made, could you link me?

Either way, pretty cool deal OP I think I'll grab one thanks. Love the Zelda edition, will be good for playing my wii u emulator now instead of using my XBONE controller and trying to remember the button layout is flipped