Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] PRICE UPDATE: Hisense H6607 55" 4K LED Smart TV - Scratch & Dent - $339.99 (with email signup)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2018 9:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 15, 2005
3701 posts
338 upvotes
GTA

[The Source] PRICE UPDATE: Hisense H6607 55" 4K LED Smart TV - Scratch & Dent - $339.99 (with email signup)

Came across this 55 inch Hisense 4K TV and bought one. Worse case I can always return it.

PRICE UPDATE:

Scratch and dent is $284.99 with PSP and $299.99 with $10 coupon (email sign up)
Open box is $332.49 with PSP and $349.99 with $10 coupon (email sign up)

This is well within the 30 days return period, so I will be calling in to get a price adjustment.



The scratch and dent price is $351.49 with PSP, while non PSP is $379.99 - $10 (email sign up) making is $369.99 - https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/deal-cen ... /108073348

You can also get the open box for $379.99 with PSP, while non PSP is $399.99 - $10 (email sign up) making is $389.99 - https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/deal-cen ... /108071736

This TV comes with 12 months warranty.

Don't forget ebates for 1% Cashback.
Last edited by dealornot13 on Aug 23rd, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
53 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
712 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Just got one with ISPU ($50 shipping otherwise). Total came to $428 in Ontario. Will they allow you to have a look at it in the store so if you see any scratches on the screen, you can get a refund or a replacement which doesn't have any screen defects?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 15, 2005
3701 posts
338 upvotes
GTA
pricecheck wrote: Just got one with ISPU ($50 shipping otherwise). Total came to $428 in Ontario. Will they allow you to have a look at it in the store so if you see any scratches on the screen, you can get a refund or a replacement which doesn't have any screen defects?
All depends on store manager, but I know for a fact that the one at Fairview Mall, my cousin was able to do it.
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
712 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
dealornot13 wrote: All depends on store manager, but I know for a fact that the one at Fairview Mall, my cousin was able to do it.


Thanks!
Member
Apr 9, 2011
362 posts
232 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
Thiking of pulling the teigger. Can anyone comment on the usual condition of this type of tv ? Also is there any warranty or should i even buy considering its just 428 or so. First 4k tv after 32 inch insignia 1080p
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
3192 posts
293 upvotes
Anyone know of a way to check the number of hours used in the main menu? I remember being able to do this on some of my TVs that I had bought, not sure with this one though.
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2011
113 posts
138 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Picked this up when it was posted last week (was refurbished units in last week's post). Nice enough tv, especially for the price. I was fortunate enough to have one in perfect cosmetic condition but we'll see how it holds up over time.
Member
Apr 9, 2011
362 posts
232 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
Just checked, they also have an Open Box of the same model for 379 .
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14615 posts
4740 upvotes
Montreal
Don't just look for cosmetic damage, but also damaged wall mounts, missing parts, missing or incorrect remotes, missing stands + screws, etc., as these things are seemingly tossed into the boxes without any regard to completeness.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2008
228 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
Does it worth it ? considering 65 inch version only sell $699 at Costco , and about 1.4 times big than 55" with 2 years warranty .
And I believe this 55" was sold at Loblaw for $429 brand new .

I was looking for this exact 55" , but probably waiting for brand new one instead
Last edited by jason.lqs on Aug 3rd, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3229 posts
3034 upvotes
Mordor
Cerebros wrote: Just checked, they also have an Open Box of the same model for 379 .
It's already stated in the op
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
712 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any significant difference between open box and scratch and dent? With open box, should I assume lower usage than scratch and dent and so a longer life?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 3, 2007
737 posts
239 upvotes
pricecheck wrote: Is there any significant difference between open box and scratch and dent? With open box, should I assume lower usage than scratch and dent and so a longer life?
As per the item descriptions:
"Scratch & Dent: The product has visible imperfections such as scratches and/or dents, but functions like new. It includes all essential parts and accessories."
"Open Box: The packaging for this product has been opened, tested for functionality, and includes all essential parts and accessories."

Beyond that, I don't know but would be curious as well.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14615 posts
4740 upvotes
Montreal
pricecheck wrote: Is there any significant difference between open box and scratch and dent? With open box, should I assume lower usage than scratch and dent and so a longer life?
Open Box: Store demos and customer returns with only minimal cosmetic issues and slight potential for missing/damaged accessories.
Scratch & Dent: Store demos with noticeable cosmetic issues and a higher potential for missing/damaged accessories.

Both have the potential for extremely high usage as store demo units, but at least with open box you might get a return.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Member
Sep 16, 2016
311 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
It seems that Open box is better than Scratch and Dent. Right? Open box will be in working condition and there is no cosmetic scratch and dent on the surface. And it is just 30$ more expensive.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2006
712 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
smoter wrote: As per the item descriptions:
"Scratch & Dent: The product has visible imperfections such as scratches and/or dents, but functions like new. It includes all essential parts and accessories."
"Open Box: The packaging for this product has been opened, tested for functionality, and includes all essential parts and accessories."

Beyond that, I don't know but would be curious as well.
JackWhyte wrote: Open Box: Store demos and customer returns with only minimal cosmetic issues and slight potential for missing/damaged accessories.
Scratch & Dent: Store demos with noticeable cosmetic issues and a higher potential for missing/damaged accessories.

Both have the potential for extremely high usage as store demo units, but at least with open box you might get a return.
Thanks. I canceled my initial scratch and dent model and placed an order for the open box. Total came to $462.
Banned
Aug 2, 2018
115 posts
49 upvotes
Can some one share a link to signup to get PSP discount?
Freedom $35/8GB $0 iPhone 8
Public Mob plans free
Fido $0 3gb & Bell $5 3gb data plans
Rogers $25 500U
HSBC$400,NBC$250,Meridian$100
Free 12months Netflix
iPad 6th gen 32gb $210
Koodo weekend promotions (A8,iPh 6 for- $0 Outright Net)
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14615 posts
4740 upvotes
Montreal
Hattie917 wrote: It seems that Open box is better than Scratch and Dent. Right? Open box will be in working condition and there is no cosmetic scratch and dent on the surface. And it is just 30$ more expensive.
There are no guarantees when it comes to The Source, but overall, you will stand a better chance at a better TV if you choose open box over scratch and dent.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!

Top