• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 10:49 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
337 posts
786 upvotes

[The Source] PS4/XBOX GhostRecon Breakpoint $9.96

While everyone else has Tom Clancy's GhostRecon Breakpoint on sale for $20 it seems The Source has done one better and has it on sale for $10 bucks. Link is for the PS4 version but if you search it's also available for Xbox at the same price point. This game got torn to shreds by reviewers when it first came out but I believe it's been patched up this year to include immersive mode and AI teammates to make it play more like Wildlands which is why I'm picking it up now (ok ok, that and the $10 price Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes) .

As long as The Source has it listed as being in stock you could probably get it price matched elsewhere but YMMV (as always).

EDIT: Out of Stock online but still available IN-STORE. Stocktrack is your friend (PS4/Xbox)
Last edited by stingyshopper on Nov 20th, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
337 posts
786 upvotes
Stagaz630 wrote: Good price for PS4/Xbox game but reviews are not great:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playsta ... breakpoint
I clearly addressed this in my original post. Yes, this game had a brutal release full of bugs that broke the game, no AI teammates, and gameplay that was closer to The Division than it was to Wildlands (what people wanted) so yes the Metacritic reviews just tear this game apart as most of the reviews are literally all within the first week of the game being released (Oct 2019). The game has since been patched and updated to offer players the choice to revert gameplay back to a style that is more similar to Wildlands so it's a pretty safe bet now if you enjoyed Wildlands you will enjoy this.

(and Wildlands Metacritic user score is 6.3 if anyone is wondering).
Apr 5, 2018
20 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks for the deal! Was looking for a good deal for this game for a while now. Got it from bestbuy with price match
[OP]
Dec 3, 2018
337 posts
786 upvotes
The Source has restocked this online but it's going fast again Stocktrack says only 15 copies left for online purchase.
Jul 30, 2008
127 posts
77 upvotes
stingyshopper wrote: I clearly addressed this in my original post. Yes, this game had a brutal release full of bugs that broke the game, no AI teammates, and gameplay that was closer to The Division than it was to Wildlands (what people wanted) so yes the Metacritic reviews just tear this game apart as most of the reviews are literally all within the first week of the game being released (Oct 2019). The game has since been patched and updated to offer players the choice to revert gameplay back to a style that is more similar to Wildlands so it's a pretty safe bet now if you enjoyed Wildlands you will enjoy this.

(and Wildlands Metacritic user score is 6.3 if anyone is wondering).
A strong disagree from me here. I bought it when it first went on sale. Even after they patched it, I still hate it. I looooved the first one too. The corny story, etc. of the first one was fun. this second one is just pure junk. Ive checked in several times to see if it got better. It did. It was still awful. I am still angry about the purchase even though it was half off at the time. Save your ten bucks and buy a few coffees. You’ll get more enjoyment.