• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2021 12:41 am
[OP]
Jan 2, 2017
274 posts
215 upvotes

[The Source] (PSP) Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro $198.74 +$65 Trade-in Rebate YMMV

Hey,
Buds Pro are $198.74 with partner saving program (psp) through Thesource. Plus you can apply for trade-in of any headphones to get 65$ rebate. So for example, people in Ontario will pay $198.74 + 13%= $224.58 - $65= $159.58
Incredible price for them considering their original price is 264+tax in Canada, and they've only be out 2 months or so.
For comparison, through Perkopolis and Spc discount through Samsung.ca, their price is around $173 after trade-in credit, and with tax they come out to around $195 if in Ontario.

The following is from their site regarding trade-in:

Follow these simple steps to get your rebate:

1. Buy a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds by March 1, 2021.
2. Visit galaxyupgrade.ca to begin the trade-in process for your old headphones.
3. Complete the online form with all the required information including proof of purchase. If your old headphones meet the trade-in requirements, you will be sent a pre-paid waybill by email.
4. Ship your old headphones to the address listed on the waybill by no later than March 15, 2021 to receive your $65 rebate cheque.
*Certain conditions apply. Receive a trade-in rebate of $65 when you purchase Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro between Jan. 21-Mar. 1, 2021 and complete the trade-in of your old headphones by March 15, 2021. Offer is limited to one (1) trade-in headphone per Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro. Proof of purchase required. Selection and availability may vary. While quantities last. No rain checks. No cash value. Offer is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Offer is open to Canadian residents only. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. See full terms and conditions available at www.samsung.com/ca/promotions for more details and how to redeem your rebate.

Edit: So some people who have a psp account aren't able to get the same price for some reason, therefore, ymmv.
Last edited by Nev007 on Feb 28th, 2021 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
50 replies
Jul 15, 2010
248 posts
490 upvotes
Vancouver
Doesn't look like the PSP is applying to the earbuds, shows price of $264.99 for me.
Jan 10, 2011
451 posts
253 upvotes
Ottawa
c0d3 wrote: Doesn't look like the PSP is applying to the earbuds, shows price of $264.99 for me.
Did you sign in? Shows $198.74 to me.
Jul 15, 2010
248 posts
490 upvotes
Vancouver
Roswell79 wrote: Did you sign in? Shows $198.74 to me.
Yep signed in, still shows the same price even after reloading the page

Edit: No I didn't down vote this the post, because I didn't see the price.
Oct 15, 2014
351 posts
565 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Damn I got excited for a bit, thought Playstation came out with a new PSP
May 20, 2008
111 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
I am quite serious about sound quality and do not recommend expensive TWS because there is a much better alternative. Do some research on FiiO UTWS3. This device is the endgame for audiophile bluetooth headphones.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1247 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
Karlik wrote: I am quite serious about sound quality and do not recommend expensive TWS because there is a much better alternative. Do some research on FiiO UTWS3. This device is the endgame for audiophile bluetooth headphones.
I don't think the ppl buying Samsung buds are cross shopping fiio Bluetooth amps.

I know there is a huge market for fiio equipment but this thread probably won't be the target shopper your comment is aimed at.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2017
274 posts
215 upvotes
ZendlesS wrote: I'm logged in but I don't see 198.75....
Maybe try a different browser if possible or clear cookies? Not sure why the price shows for some and not others
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15005 posts
6404 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't see the price after logging in with the Goodlife PSP

Also, I agree nobody looking for these will want that Fiio BT adapter....it's not the same thing at all....and the sound quality of these Buds is arguably more than good enough for most people.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Jul 15, 2010
248 posts
490 upvotes
Vancouver
Nev007 wrote: Maybe try a different browser if possible or clear cookies? Not sure why the price shows for some and not others
added to cart, tried different browser, in incognito mode, no bueno. Might be region only? I believe I have PSP with BCAA
Sep 26, 2016
144 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Nev007 wrote: Maybe try a different browser if possible or clear cookies? Not sure why the price shows for some and not others
Nada, doesn't work for me either. I've even changed browsers since I last purchased from The Source.
Double checked my membership card just to be certain, and sure enough, I've still got PSP access.
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
[OP]
Jan 2, 2017
274 posts
215 upvotes
Apethos wrote: Nada, doesn't work for me either. I've even changed browsers since I last purchased from The Source.
Double checked my membership card just to be certain, and sure enough, I've still got PSP access.
Damn, that sucks. Just curious what province are you in? The other person said maybe it might be due to province restrictions?
Sep 26, 2016
144 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Nev007 wrote: Damn, that sucks. Just curious what province are you in? The other person said maybe it might be due to province restrictions?
I'm in Ontario.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2017
274 posts
215 upvotes
Apethos wrote: I'm in Ontario.
Ok so it's not province based because I'm in Ontario too, and it shows for me the discounted price. Not sure what the reason is then.
Sep 26, 2016
144 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Nev007 wrote: Ok so it's not province based because I'm in Ontario too, and it shows for me the discounted price. Not sure what the reason is then.
Could be based on your PSP source? Mine is listed as Venngo.
Jan 31, 2007
162 posts
120 upvotes
British Columbia
No luck here. Also have PSP through Venngo.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2017
274 posts
215 upvotes
Ok so psp through venngo might be the issue. Which is strange as I thought all partners in the psp program have the same benefits. Maybe I thought wrong?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)