Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] RCA 65" 4K ROKU TV $450

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 7:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1759 upvotes

[The Source] RCA 65" 4K ROKU TV $450

Saw this on sale at the source, seems like a pretty decent deal and if you have that $10 gift card from before even cheaper. Roku smart features is also pretty decent, has everything you probably need, Disney+, Netflix, YouTube, Prime Tv, etc.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/tvs-home ... tm_term=na
Images
  • upload.jpg
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2084 posts
670 upvotes
Ordered one an hour ago, shipped to store.

For orders over $100 at the Source, there's 15% cash back through RBC and 5% cashback through Ampli (after tax) which make it $420 taxes and EHF in.

Also 600 airmiles through airmilesshops.ca (25x on base $449.99 plus 50 from shop the block) which are worth about $60.

For effectively $360 taxes in, I think it's a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
their extended warranty 130.00 for 3 years.
at 360 very tempted to refuse at the door the 70 inch hisense.
Newbie
Aug 30, 2019
55 posts
6 upvotes
cbt123 wrote: Ordered one an hour ago, shipped to store.

For orders over $100 at the Source, there's 15% cash back through RBC and 5% cashback through Ampli (after tax) which make it $420 taxes and EHF in.

Also 600 airmiles through airmilesshops.ca (25x on base $449.99 plus 50 from shop the block) which are worth about $60.

For effectively $360 taxes in, I think it's a good deal.
How do you get that cash back ? Use RBC card ?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28380 posts
8823 upvotes
waven101 wrote: their extended warranty 130.00 for 3 years.
at 360 very tempted to refuse at the door the 70 inch hisense.
What Hisense did you buy? Because taking an RCA over a Highsense seems like a bad idea. RCA is typically 3rd tier (and lower) junk.

Also 70" will look significantly larger and taking the 65 you may regret not just getting the 70.

Finally, instead of taking 3 yr warranty on a junky TV, just use the money to buy a better TV to begin with. I mean some Highsense is not too great either but I still think with them they do make some good sets, whereas RCA is all bottom of barrel stuff.
Last edited by ES_Revenge on Dec 2nd, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2084 posts
670 upvotes
amigujar wrote: How do you get that cash back ? Use RBC card ?
For the 15%, you have to use an RBC card and activate your offer on the RBC online banking site before purchase. For the 5% Ampli, you can use any linked credit card.
Newbie
Aug 30, 2019
55 posts
6 upvotes
cbt123 wrote: For the 15%, you have to use an RBC card and activate your offer on the RBC online banking site before purchase. For the 5% Ampli, you can use any linked credit card.
Thank you very much to explain.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2084 posts
670 upvotes
Too bad PSP didn't work on this, it was showing a price of $436.49 on the search page but it went to regular price when you click on it and go to the actual product page.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
1324 posts
607 upvotes
cbt123 wrote: For the 15%, you have to use an RBC card and activate your offer on the RBC online banking site before purchase. For the 5% Ampli, you can use any linked credit card.
I thought only select RBC cards are tagged not all
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2084 posts
670 upvotes
Saad1988 wrote: I thought only select RBC cards are tagged not all
Maybe, there was a thread about it somewhere.

Top