[The Source] Samsung Galaxy Buds (2019) - $169 with PSP

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 3:49 pm
Apr 23, 2019
2 posts
4 upvotes
zjhehe wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 12:53 am
Did they bring up the Galaxy Buds at all? Which Samsung Experience Store did you go to?

This was at the source. They only confirmed the price. When you buy it with the watch I believe you get 100$ or so off the buds and on the receipt the buds are listed as a separate item for $84.99. It does say a promo was applied but when I returned the watch they didnt remove the promo price off the buds.
Dec 2, 2010
144 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if they fixed the issue with the icon X where over time the sound would start to fade and the only way to fix would be to remove the grill and then remove a white filter and put the grill back which would make it far louder?
Jan 8, 2006
815 posts
168 upvotes
blackstaffer wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 8:57 am
Anyone know if they fixed the issue with the icon X where over time the sound would start to fade and the only way to fix would be to remove the grill and then remove a white filter and put the grill back which would make it far louder?
can that really be called an issue? i think its good that they have the removable filters like other high end IEMs. it prevents your ear wax from permanently clogging the buds. my etymotics use filters and i've managed to get years out of them because of it.
Mar 28, 2009
550 posts
155 upvotes
Ottawa
contactgreg wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 12:50 am
For the unlikely few who care about call quality note that the Galaxy buds don't do very well (relative to other true wireless ear buds). Had to pass after listening to some samples.
I can confirm the mic picks up a lot of background noise and not the greatest. I tested mine out with my gf and she was able to hear noises from the other room and said my voice wasn't very clear.
If you're buying this to have conference calls while on the move then I would pass. For music and everyday listening it's pretty good though I changed the tips from the originals to the ones my Note 9 came with and it improved the comfort and sound a lot.
Dec 2, 2010
144 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
jamex wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 9:08 am
can that really be called an issue? i think its good that they have the removable filters like other high end IEMs. it prevents your ear wax from permanently clogging the buds. my etymotics use filters and i've managed to get years out of them because of it.
It was an issue because it would happen fairly quickly and you can't replace or remove them without taking apart the buds and risk losing the adhesive that keeps the grill on. There were lots of complaints online and samsung was "fixing" them by replacing the filters for like $85. Didn't seem to be an issue with other brands.
Jul 14, 2013
247 posts
30 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
flygodz wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 8:28 am
This was at the source. They only confirmed the price. When you buy it with the watch I believe you get 100$ or so off the buds and on the receipt the buds are listed as a separate item for $84.99. It does say a promo was applied but when I returned the watch they didnt remove the promo price off the buds.
Interesting, that's good to know. I thought it was through the Samsung store. I dunno if it would be different in any way.
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Jan 8, 2006
815 posts
168 upvotes
blackstaffer wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 10:02 am
It was an issue because it would happen fairly quickly and you can't replace or remove them without taking apart the buds and risk losing the adhesive that keeps the grill on. There were lots of complaints online and samsung was "fixing" them by replacing the filters for like $85. Didn't seem to be an issue with other brands.
Oh jeez I didn’t realize they weren’t user replaceable. Guess that’s a pretty big issue then.
Apr 24, 2015
123 posts
14 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
How do I applie GoodLifefitness promo? I have psp already. Do they stack?
Dec 3, 2017
33 posts
14 upvotes
Got mine yesterday. Used them today at the gym and they are amazing. The bass and volume is good enough that it cancels out all the noise in the gym. The fit is super good and light. I used the mic and was talking on a call during my workout the the other person on the line said it was crystal clear. Don't know why people said it was bad for calls. The only annoying thing is the touchpad otherwise totally worth it.
Mar 23, 2017
56 posts
69 upvotes
London, ON
I got these on staff discount at bestbuy for about the same price.
They sound great and I haven't heard anyone complain about the mic on calls. I use it at the gym and it stays in better than airpods.
If you are looking for true wireless earphones go for it!