• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 6:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1499 posts
187 upvotes

[The Source] Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro $249.99

Not 'hot hot' deal but better than nothing...

Just noticed The Source is selling the new Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro and has a $50 off introductory offer until Oct 19.

The price of $249.99 + tax is basically the same as the US price of $199.99 .

I got it for my swimming as there is really no good Android Ware devices that track swimming session except Sony SmartWatch 3 (using the swim.com app) but that app crashes once in a while and when it does, you loses all the data from the current session. So far, I tried both the build-in Samsung Exercise app and the Nike On app and both are quite accurate in tracking laps, min/100m, SWOLF etc. Will need to use it more to decide how good it is.
Remember to click the Thanks button if this is helpful to you...
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1580 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t forget to use $25 off email sign up coupon.
We do case reviews. Period.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1499 posts
187 upvotes
How long does it take to receive the $25 coupon? Thanks

Edit - NVM, found it in the Promotion tab on gmail
Aug 5, 2013
71 posts
31 upvotes
Try bhphoto for $170 USD. I have non pro and GPS is flaky, hrm is flaky, occasionally needs soft reset and stair counter is way off. Samsung hasn't responded to my ticket in 3 weeks. Good for notifications only reason I have it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1499 posts
187 upvotes
cebowler wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 8:43 pm
Try bhphoto for $170 USD. I have non pro and GPS is flaky, hrm is flaky, occasionally needs soft reset and stair counter is way off. Samsung hasn't responded to my ticket in 3 weeks. Good for notifications only reason I have it
After shipping and custom, the difference is only a few dollars, might as well get it from The Source.

Below are some observations after I have after a few days of use

The Samsung exercise app (for swimming) is accurate in tracking my lap count and time/100m.
I also use the Nike app and it's good too
Battery life is good at around over 28 hours and that includes continuous HRM during my 40-50 min swim.
No reset so far
Haven't tested the GPS yet, will have to do some dry land exercise like walking and biking to test that
Jan 11, 2016
142 posts
66 upvotes
Kanata, ON
$224.99 with the PSP discount on The Source website. If you go in store, they can stack the $25 off email coupon. Brings it down to $199 Canadian + Tax.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1499 posts
187 upvotes
BiteSizeThumb wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:41 pm
$224.99 with the PSP discount on The Source website. If you go in store, they can stack the $25 off email coupon. Brings it down to $199 Canadian + Tax.
What's PSP discount?
Dec 25, 2016
19 posts
18 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
redflag999 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 10:12 pm
What's PSP discount?
Partner savings program, if you're a member at certain affiliations (e.g GoodLife) then you can get a discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1499 posts
187 upvotes
moulamou wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 7:23 am
Not worth the price. I suggest finding the gear fit 2 for cheap as new features are negligible.

I know the Samsung gear fit 2 and think it's an incredible device for the price.

Review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/samsung-gear-fit-2-pro
It depends on what you need. I need it for swimming and the Fit2 is not design for swimming
Aug 5, 2013
71 posts
31 upvotes
The only change they made that matters to me is the band, which is now a traditional buckle design. I can live with the old one but it pops open.

Otherwise I'd hoped they'd fixed the quality and bug issues but there's no indication that happened. Could be I had a lemon. Hard to know. Fit2 was dirt cheap on kijiji because a bunch of note 7 buyers for them free.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2413 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
No direct Strava support (including live segments), no care.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1499 posts
187 upvotes
cebowler wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 8:48 am
The only change they made that matters to me is the band, which is now a traditional buckle design. I can live with the old one but it pops open.

Otherwise I'd hoped they'd fixed the quality and bug issues but there's no indication that happened. Could be I had a lemon. Hard to know. Fit2 was dirt cheap on kijiji because a bunch of note 7 buyers for them free.
The band is easily replaceable.

Can you elaborate on the quality and bug issues? So far I haven't found any bug at all. All the notification work, the widgets update properly, and for me personally, swimming using the build-in Exercise app work great and no crash so far after 5 days
Nov 23, 2016
15 posts
9 upvotes
Leask
BiteSizeThumb wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:41 pm
Thanks for the tip! Was able to get it for $199 Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1328 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder if they'll have something similar for gear sport