Hot Deals

The Source

Samsung GP-TOU020SABWW UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging - White (Sale: $29.99. Savings $40.00!)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 10:03 pm
[OP]
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
113 upvotes

[The Source] Samsung GP-TOU020SABWW UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging - White (Sale: $29.99. Savings $40.00!)

Samsung UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging - White colour only

Normally, these retail for about $69.99 according to Samsung Canada's website.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-acces ... u020sacwd/
Current sale on them almost everywhere (Samsung Canada, Visions, etc.) are $48.99 (Save: $21.00) but The Source is offering the absolute lowest price on them. Even Costco is the 2nd best price at $46.99.

I would recommend getting these at The Source where you are saving over 57% off (Save: $40.00) Samsung Canada's MSRP.

Best features:
-compatible with Samsung AND Apple iPhones that support Wireless Charging
-you can also sanitize other items like keys, headphones
-all done in 10 minutes!!!

You're welcome!
Last edited by smartcdn2 on Sep 12th, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
82 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1120 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
27.89 with Bell Advantage.
May 25, 2008
305 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought this last year. Didn't like it that much. First, I need to move the phones (S9+ or iPhone) around inside and wait for it to recognize and start charging. Second, every now and then, when I leave the phone charging overnight, it doesn't charge completely - always stops at less than 90%. But for the price and brand reputation, I guess it's okay price.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5219 posts
4219 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I've had one for about a year. I keep it at work to for charging and use the UV to sanitize my phone and my keys (work in a med lab). Overall I'm quite happy with this product.
Apr 26, 2009
786 posts
571 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. Ordered for free ship to store. Was $27.89 with GoodLife discount.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5327 posts
1378 upvotes
Toronto
UltimateB wrote: Thanks OP. Ordered for free ship to store. Was $27.89 with GoodLife discount.
How does one get the goodlife discount
Feb 17, 2018
131 posts
140 upvotes
Bought it last year upon launch for the same price and returned it. It is not Samsung - it's "made for Samsung". Also doesn't include a charging brick or cable.
Sep 10, 2018
292 posts
1380 upvotes
Do I care?
Scorching hot? Costco sold for $33 in November, Source had it for $35-PSP discount
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7170 posts
7830 upvotes
Toronto
smartcdn2 wrote: Samsung UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging - White colour only

Normally, these retail for about $69.99 according to Samsung Canada's website.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-acces ... u020sacwd/
Current sale on them almost everywhere (Samsung Canada, Visions, etc.) are $48.99 (Save: $21.00) but The Source is offering the absolute lowest price on them. Even Costco is the 2nd best price at $46.99.
Samsung's website is inflated MSRP to show bigger discount when on sale.

Samsung UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging $28.00 with perkopolis Discount

[Samsung] UV Sanitizer with Wireless Charging - $35 ($33.25 with Perkopolis discount)

[Costco] Samsung UV Sanitizer With Wireless Charging - $32.99

Samsung UV Sanitizer With Wireless Charging (Back in Stock!) $34.99
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21133 posts
25079 upvotes
I like having a wireless charger enclosure, the UV exposure isn't critical but it's there, and it's no harm.

Cloverleaf-93 remains a sensitive subject, and excess health and safety supplies herein, means continued firesales.

In short, thank you OP.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Sep 12th, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 5, 2008
104 posts
132 upvotes
Halifax
Washington Post: Yes, UV phone sanitizers work. That doesn’t mean you need one.
“I think there are a lot of people who are trying to capitalize on people’s concern about germs and transmission of disease,” Adalja said. “Yes, you could do that to your phone, but I don’t know that it does much to decrease your risk of infection. I’m someone who takes care of covid patients, and I’ve never once done that to my phone, because I don’t have to.”

Reingold agreed. “I think this frankly falls into the category of security theater,” Reingold said. “I personally would not buy something to irradiate my phone with UV light at home, just like I don’t need my packages or vegetables scrubbed with Lysol.”

A common claim (often repeated by companies selling cleaning devices) is that phones are much dirtier than other household objects, such as toilets. But the presence of microbes doesn’t mean anything in terms of whether it can make you sick, said Paula Cannon, professor of molecular microbiology and immunology at the University of Southern California’s Keck School of Medicine. “It doesn’t mean you had any danger. If you took a tiny pinch of yogurt and put it on a plate, you would have hundreds of microbes, and nobody is going to say that’s more dangerous than a toilet seat,” she said. “It’s using semi-truthful scientific facts out of context to build a narrative to sell a product.”
Apr 26, 2009
786 posts
571 upvotes
Calgary
Gotoff wrote: How does one get the goodlife discount
You need to be a member of their gym. You get some discounts with other sites as well. The Source calls it their Partner Savings Program and you can get the discounts with other partners, not just GoodLife.
Apr 27, 2012
832 posts
673 upvotes
Ottawa
UltimateB wrote: You need to be a member of their gym. You get some discounts with other sites as well. The Source calls it their Partner Savings Program and you can get the discounts with other partners, not just GoodLife.
Caa has this as well
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6810 posts
11336 upvotes
Montreal
mike74 wrote: Bought this last year. Didn't like it that much. First, I need to move the phones (S9+ or iPhone) around inside and wait for it to recognize and start charging. Second, every now and then, when I leave the phone charging overnight, it doesn't charge completely - always stops at less than 90%. But for the price and brand reputation, I guess it's okay price.
That's a good thing if you want your battery to last longer. Ideally, phone batteries should be kept between 40% - 60% (not realistic but that gives you an idea). Heat and over charge/discharge are batteries enemy. The worst, is charging overnight from 15% to 100% every night.
Jun 21, 2017
334 posts
714 upvotes
FYI UV sanitizers are a scam and do not sufficiently kill anything while generating harmful ozone.

Buyer beware

To clarify, Health Canada is moving to regulate them as it's unlikely any of these products are able to scientifically justify their claims.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... vices.html
Last edited by Cocopuffs43421 on Sep 12th, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1157 posts
551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Picked on up last year at the Source for $30ish. I take with with me when I'm in hotels and such — seems to work well but the loud beeps when you turn it on and when charging is completely are kind of annoying.
Beware the RFD Effect
[OP]
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
113 upvotes
jarrodrporter wrote: Bought it last year upon launch for the same price and returned it. It is not Samsung - it's "made for Samsung". Also doesn't include a charging brick or cable.
Actually, it is because it is warranted by Samsung! You gotta buy one to know that, so don't blame ya!
[OP]
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
113 upvotes
You're right - most if not all manufacturers have an inflated MSRP to show big discounts. Regardless, the going "Sale" price is around $48-$49. The key point is that I found a deal and shared because $29.99 is a deal. I'm so happy that many RFDers already bought one or more. I also did not know that GoodLife offers an additional discount. Why $27.89 and not $27.99? How do they calculate? The extra 10 cents is even better hahahaha!!! I didn't know Costco dropped their price to $32.99. I checked RFD before posting and the link to Costco.ca's website still showed $46.99.
[OP]
Jan 27, 2017
204 posts
113 upvotes
Cocopuffs43421 wrote: FYI UV sanitizers are a scam and do not sufficiently kill anything while generating harmful ozone.

Buyer beware

To clarify, Health Canada is moving to regulate them as it's unlikely any of these products are able to scientifically justify their claims.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... vices.html
You are entitled to your opinion, but this one is independently laboratory tested to kill 99% bacteria (scientific names are listed on the product) and it takes 10 minutes. Obviously the wireless charging continues as long as you keep it there until your Samsung or Apple or other Wireless Qi device reaches 100%.