Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Samsung UBD-M7500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray $120 with free shipping

Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes

[The Source] Samsung UBD-M7500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray $120 with free shipping

Hello everyone,
Glad to be able to contribute to the forum, and help others - just like others have helped me in the past to score great deals!

The Source has the Samsung UBD-M7500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for $120 and free shipping:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/tvs-home ... /108071954

This is probably the lowest price you can find for a brand-new 4K HDR Blu-ray - particularly with so many manufacturers announcing recently that they're not making any more 4K players.
All other 4k players on the Canadian market are at least twice the price, regardless of model or make.

It also has an optical digital output, unlike many other models which only export audio/video through HDMI.

No idea about how long the deal with last, or what's the online stock.

Happy hunting!
Last edited by strangelove9 on Sep 1st, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
36 replies
Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Don't buy read the reviews crap
Actually, I would take the reviews with more than a grain of salt.

Some of the people complaining there don't seem to be able to put two phrases together coherently.
And I would bet that many of their problems are due to using subpar HDMI cables.

Others bitch about the lack of functions like WiFi, which have no bearing on audio-video quality.

Someone else (post #3) linked to a two-year old thread when this was on sale at Costco.
Lots of RFDers jumped on the deal then, and only one ended up complaining about the quality.
That's a much better indicator than some random Joe Schmuck's inane rant.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3427 posts
1901 upvotes
Montreal, QC
reviews are fair to decent on amazon. good price if you need a dedicated player
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Only one HDMI output.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Prices will plummet when PS5 is out. Just wait for that. Or use that as your 4k bluray player.
Nov 24, 2007
672 posts
791 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I bought this player when it went on Costco clearance, but only recently unboxed and installed it. I was still using an older Sony BDP-S6200 and was generally happy, but was finding that the interface and Netflix access was becoming very laggy... and I bought "Ford v Ferrari" on UHD so needed a player to play it.

My initial impressions - quick start up, actions are fast, picture and sound quality is perfect (running on a high-end but 1080p home theatre). I've run a couple of BDs as well as a couple of 4K discs and have no complaints so far. I have not tried using the "smart" features yet so can't comment other than the interface seems snappy.
Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Prices will plummet when PS5 is out. Just wait for that. Or use that as your 4k bluray player.
What about people who are not gamers - or don't like to give their money to Sony?
The PS5 is not even out, and its price will probably be around CA$600.
How is that a reasonable idea, to spend much more for the same functions?

As the linked thread from 2018 indicates, prices have actually gone up, while the offer has dried out.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
strangelove9 wrote: What about people who are not gamers - or don't like to give their money to Sony?

As the linked thread from 2018 indicates, prices have actually gone up, while the offer has dried out.
Obviously, my post is catered more towards gamers that are already going to buy the next gen console. Unless you think buying a standalone 4k player and then a next gen console is a good idea.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
strangelove9 wrote: What about people who are not gamers - or don't like to give their money to Sony?

More like $800
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
3 thumbs up for OP.

I'm surprised that there's no pompous punchable "people still buy dvd/br?" remark yet...
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Viper98 wrote: Only one HDMI output.
why do you need more than 1 output? multi tv? multi monitor? ??
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
BertL67369 wrote: why do you need more than 1 output? multi tv? multi monitor? ??
One to your TV one to your av receiver for audio
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1146 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Viper98 wrote: One to your TV one to your av receiver for audio
Don't TV's now have ARC/EARC?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
samsung stopped releasing 4k bluray players in 2019 so as new blu rays come out that might require a firmware update to make them playable this player will probably stop getting firmware updates.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
nyder74 wrote: Don't TV's now have ARC/EARC?
If you have a new TV with earc you're fine...but regular arc isn't capable of master audio
Oct 11, 2006
578 posts
361 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: samsung stopped releasing 4k bluray players in 2019 so as new blu rays come out that might require a firmware update to make them playable this player will probably stop getting firmware updates.
Does that firmware update requirement *really* apply so stringently to 4k blu-rays?

I'm genuinely curious.

Because, while 1080p blu-rays *may* also require - in theory! - player updates, the only Blu-ray player I've seen that effectively asked for a firmware upgrade in order to be able to display a new(ish) BD was a first-gen machine from Sony.
Otherwise, my Wal-Mart region-free Seiki is happy as a clam to play every DVD/BD I throw at it, whether it's from 2010 or 2020.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
strangelove9 wrote: Does that firmware update requirement *really* apply so stringently to 4k blu-rays?

I'm genuinely curious.

Because, while 1080p blu-rays *may* also require - in theory! - player updates, the only Blu-ray player I've seen that effectively asked for a firmware upgrade in order to be able to display a new(ish) BD was a first-gen machine from Sony.
Otherwise, my Wal-Mart region-free Seiki is happy as a clam to play every DVD/BD I throw at it, whether it's from 2010 or 2020.
i know certain blurays they will have newer versions of the security that they put in that blocks copying and that is were firmware updates come in. so u may come across a bluray at some point that may not be playable.

but really u are just tossing money away at a player that wont be supported by samsung very much longer if they haven't already cut support for it now.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
I don’t think they will be making 4K blurays for all that much longer, get them while you can if you want them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)