[The Source] Sega Genesis Mini Console, $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 2:20 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2325 posts
1141 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mqc1986 wrote: Thanks! Got 2 wired controllers.
Is there a free shipping coupon out there somewhere?
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5452 posts
1207 upvotes
Melkor wrote: Thanks OP! I couldn't resist any longer. Was hoping for $50, but this will have to do!

All I need now for mini consoles is the TurboGrafx 16 and C64 mini!
What about neo geo?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4895 posts
3573 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Aggy wrote: What about neo geo?
If I could get that one for cheap, well okay!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8418 posts
712 upvotes
As longs as it keeps the kiddos busy for a few hrs :)

Tks OP, even though i rarely play games these days i'll pick this up... OOS, nevermind.
dino7c wrote: 9x more money before games...damn I should have bought that Ferrari instead of my Toyota because its way better
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2167 posts
2245 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Just use any of them usb controllers, pretty sure they work.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17611 posts
4951 upvotes
Sold out now. I should check my old Sega CD system to see if it still works. Ditto on the Turbo Graphx 16 still sitting in it's box when I moved to my house 10 years ago. I thought I was more into retro games but I guess I'm not really after buying so many original consoles and now these mini versions...
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5452 posts
1207 upvotes
DougO wrote: Sold out now. I should check my old Sega CD system to see if it still works. Ditto on the Turbo Graphx 16 still sitting in it's box when I moved to my house 10 years ago. I thought I was more into retro games but I guess I'm not really after buying so many original consoles and now these mini versions...
Love me some sewer shark.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10954 posts
7330 upvotes
Oil Country
justapoorboy wrote: I'll prolly catch some flak for this but I cringe when people buy these mini consoles. They're such a rip off and just a completely shameless cash grab. If you can go without the cute little shell you should just use emulators. Hell, even a raspberry pi or something with a 3rd party shell you can buy and put it in. You could fit every single Genesis game on it, not Just the 8 games or whatever they give you. Same goes for the other mini consoles too.
Some of us prefer to have the officially licensed product, with controllers. Most people won't even bother to install any of the extra unlicensed games. They're content with the out-of-the-box offering.

Also keep in mind, not everyone is tech savvy. I can tell you 100 different ways to do this for cheaper and better, but it requires some basic technical skills and it'll eat up some of your time. The average person can't be bothered to do all that. I have a technical skill set (25 years and counting), and can't even be bothered to do that. I just want to pull it out of the box and play. If using the Hakchi exploit to install extra games is relatively easy, then I'll add a few more games that I want after I get bored with the stock games. Ultimately, I'd rather spend my time playing or doing something completely different.

BTW, I also have a couple RPis, but I use them for other things around the house.
Feb 27, 2003
490 posts
180 upvotes
Langley
Bummer. I Just got an email saying my order was cancelled
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2195 posts
1775 upvotes
GTA
I told my brother about this the day it was posted and the next day he got the last one in the only store near him with stock.