Thanks!
Finally got super mario odyssey
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2035 posts
1903 upvotes
Calgary
powerglue wrote: 2% cash back with Rakuten
Thanks, but about 5 minutes too late for me.

That $1.10 will haunt me forever. TBH I did try to cancel and reorder, but The Source doesn’t make that easy with a guest account.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1034 posts
753 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I thought "Nintendo first party games NEVER go on sale"?

/s
Jan 25, 2013
125 posts
102 upvotes
1_blue_pixel wrote: I thought "Nintendo first party games NEVER go on sale"?

/s
These games are much older typically that do go on sale, but the real coup is when they go on sale at Shoppers AND you get bonus points.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14654 posts
4765 upvotes
Montreal
Collegiate wrote: These games are much older typically that do go on sale, but the real coup is when they go on sale at Shoppers AND you get bonus points.
I only buy Nintendo games at Shoppers, either on Bonus Redemption, 40% points back, or 20X points days.

It's way too expensive otherwise, and plus, you get a much wider selection of games at larger SDM stores.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Jan 31, 2008
313 posts
243 upvotes
Etobicoke (Toronto),…
JackWhyte wrote: I only buy Nintendo games at Shoppers, either on Bonus Redemption, 40% points back, or 20X points days.

It's way too expensive otherwise, and plus, you get a much wider selection of games at larger SDM stores.
Online aside, i've always wondered where are these mythical Shoppers stores that also sell video games?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1938 posts
764 upvotes
Richmond, ON
grabbed New Mario U, Thx OP!
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1265 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
EVIL-C wrote: Online aside, i've always wondered where are these mythical Shoppers stores that also sell video games?
Not all of them do, but it doesn't seem to be all that rare to find stores that carry games either. Now what they'll have available is a whole different story. At many, the popular Switch titles can go quickly for the reasons mentioned above.
Jul 30, 2019
93 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
Gmas wrote: Not all of them do, but it doesn't seem to be all that rare to find stores that carry games either. Now what they'll have available is a whole different story. At many, the popular Switch titles can go quickly for the reasons mentioned above.
Agreed, and I don’t remember seeing Xenoblade at a shoppers ever. Thanks OP!
Jul 3, 2015
272 posts
676 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

/s
Haha, yeah.

But it is a bit of a bummer being a Nintendo fan when first party games so rarely go on sale.

It's pretty indicative of how rarely Nintendo games go on sale when a $54.99 sales price for games that are 3-4 years old end up being really hot deals.

I guess in an "ideal world," it would be nice if Nintendo games saw similar timing for price drops of their games to the other two brands. Like I'd probably own more Switch games than I do now if the games generally hit sales prices of $39.99 or so more frequently (like PlayStation and Xbox games).
Jan 8, 2010
165 posts
279 upvotes
EVIL-C wrote: Online aside, i've always wondered where are these mythical Shoppers stores that also sell video games?
In Etobicoke I've heard that Royal York/Bloor has them but I haven't been there myself. I've found them in Mississauga at Cawthra/Burhampthrope and Hurontario/Eglinton locations.
Jan 19, 2017
546 posts
877 upvotes

/s
How nice of our Nintendo Overlords to grace us with a 30 percent discount on old , ported games lol.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
8 posts
41 upvotes
Penticton
Xenoblade is now sold out online. Very limited in store stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1491 posts
1194 upvotes
Surrey
I hope Shoppers has these games on sale this weekend
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6882 posts
1105 upvotes
Ottawa
I don’t have a switch is there anyway I can play these new super Mario games?