Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Skyrim for Switch $29.96 (OOS online, but store stock available)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 1:49 pm
Apr 14, 2004
207 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[The Source] Skyrim for Switch $29.96 (OOS online, but store stock available)

Skyrim for Switch is $29.96 on The Source's website. Although it's out of stock online, the online store-stock check shows some availability. There's also a price match opportunity here with Best Buy or Walmart.
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/n ... /108073894
17 replies
Feb 28, 2005
349 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal
How realistic is it that Best Buy or Walmart will price match if it's OOS on The Source's website? Any tips for me if I wanted to try price matching this at Walmart?
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6294 upvotes
Ontario
ZooLoo wrote: How realistic is it that Best Buy or Walmart will price match if it's OOS on The Source's website? Any tips for me if I wanted to try price matching this at Walmart?
Walmart is problematic now. Most insist on flyer price now, not just online price. Best buy may be possible, just show local store stock and price.
Dec 26, 2015
14 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ZooLoo wrote: How realistic is it that Best Buy or Walmart will price match if it's OOS on The Source's website? Any tips for me if I wanted to try price matching this at Walmart?
I believe you're still able to price match from other competing stores(Bestbuy, Walmart, Toys R Us) as long as there is stock still available in-store(Check the in-store availability option on the website) within 50km. For example I priced matched Dishonored 2 for the PS4 with Edmonton's Bestbuy. Online was OOS, the only store in-stock for me was in St.Albert.

Anyways, hopefully this helps and best wishes on the deal.
Dec 16, 2009
169 posts
329 upvotes
Was able to get a price-match at Best Buy locally, albeit very reluctantly.

Thanks OP.
Nov 30, 2013
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Successfully price matched at the Best buy on Warden. Thanks OP $29.33 after tax.
Sep 16, 2011
209 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
this is the price Skyrim should have been at in the first place. Apparently it has sold really well, but I can't believe so many people were buying a 2011 game for 79.99
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
dudeman05 wrote: this is the price Skyrim should have been at in the first place. Apparently it has sold really well, but I can't believe so many people were buying a 2011 game for 79.99
Portal version of one of the best RPG makes it worthwhile for a lot of people.
May 17, 2018
34 posts
12 upvotes
Thanks OP!

PM at the Toys R Us in Coquitlam BC.

They didn’t even bother to check the online stock status.
Misers are lousy to live with, but they make great ancestors.
Mar 13, 2010
559 posts
342 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Played through the main game and dlc on the switch and it's a great port. Playing in handheld runs smoothly, highly recommended at this price especially if you've never played it on another platform
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
d_bomb_23 wrote: Played through the main game and dlc on the switch and it's a great port. Playing in handheld runs smoothly, highly recommended at this price especially if you've never played it on another platform
I like it on switch even after beating it on PS3 (tho i skipped out on the DLCs then since there were other games i wanted to play). Of course i paid $50 instead of $80. $30 would be a great deal but i just looked at stock... looks like the closest one with stock in GVA isn't even inside GVA lol (2+ hrs 1 way lol). Unless you get lucky with PM, its probably better to just wait for the next sale @ $50 (pretty regular) vs trying to hunt this down.
May 17, 2018
34 posts
12 upvotes
Also PM Kirby from Bestbuy for about $28 after tax.
Images
  • F1C9B434-F389-45F4-8B92-CFA5DA724D61.jpeg
Last edited by VibraniumPiggyBank on Jul 15th, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misers are lousy to live with, but they make great ancestors.
Jul 15, 2009
206 posts
200 upvotes
Tried to pm Kirby and Pokken at Best Buy at the Eaton Centre. No problem.... except it turned out neither was in stock. Not the first time I brought a case to the front there, only to find it wasn't in stock.
Sep 16, 2011
209 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Paigne wrote: Portal version of one of the best RPG makes it worthwhile for a lot of people.
Not disagreeing that it's a great game. I'm just surprised there's a market for it at $79.99. 80 bucks isn't chump change (atleast not for me). Surprising because there's a lot of games for 80 bucks that are new, and aren't available for 5-10 bucks on every other platform that are worth dropping that amount of money on. Hey whatever floats those people's boats, I'm just surprised that anyone's willing to drop that amount of money for it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
dudeman05 wrote: Not disagreeing that it's a great game. I'm just surprised there's a market for it at $79.99. 80 bucks isn't chump change (atleast not for me). Surprising because there's a lot of games for 80 bucks that are new, and aren't available for 5-10 bucks on every other platform that are worth dropping that amount of money on. Hey whatever floats those people's boats, I'm just surprised that anyone's willing to drop that amount of money for it.
There is a couple ways to look at it.

First you are right you are paying a premium for an older game so from that standpoint its not a geeat deal at $80. That said, the DLCs retail for $45 so there is some value there for existing owners who never got the DLCs.

Second if you never played the game, the release date really doesnt matter. Since the game wasnt released on Nintendo platform, not everyone would have played it (i know a lot of rfders own every console but some gamers stick with only one console every generation).

Third honestly if you go via hour of enjoyment, skyrim is actually a great deal even at full price. After all you are buying a game for fun and Skyrim likely will provide more hours than any other game on the Switch (maybe Zelda or Disgaea provides more if you are a fan of either). Realistically not many games will provide more hours. If you play online, i suppose splatoon or mario kart (tho remember this is also a re release and really hasnt been on sale) might come in the mix. Bottom line, Skyrim is likely a top 5 game on the Switch both in terms of fun (it is one of the best games and best rated games still) and longevity.

Fourth being honest most RPG fans probably want almost every good RPG on the switch or a portable device (say Vita or something) because the ability to pause anywhere is probably the most useful feature for a RPG. I know for some games, im willing to pay full retail just to have that feature vs say finding a save spot/exit a dungeon/etc to save. I suppose sleep mode on console is similar but you cant exactly sleep, go out, and play for a few minutes when you have some free time (say waiting to pick up someone, or for students inbetween classes, etc).
Feb 5, 2007
556 posts
255 upvotes
East York
PMed in bestbuy stockyard, no problem. from the sound of it, looks like I was not the first one, quite lots of ppl did it b4 me already.
however, she just pmed to 29.99, no 10% differences...
Sep 4, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
FYI - Skyrim is back online for $29.96. Link here

Wasn't able to PM through BestBuy but Toys R Us did the trick!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)