Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Sony KD55X750H 55” 4K HDR LED Smart TV $494.99 (BELL ADVANTAGE)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2021 8:56 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough

[The Source] Sony KD55X750H 55” 4K HDR LED Smart TV $494.99 (BELL ADVANTAGE)

BELL CUSTOMERS ONLY

Shop online (DO THIS FIRST)

Create a The Source account.
Enter your Bell account information.
Start shopping – discount will be shown as you shop (no discount code needed at checkout).

https://www.bell.ca/bell-advantages CLICK ON REGISTER NOw
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 7th, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best 4K HDR Smart TVs!
22 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
Setting up your account with the source.ca

You must be a Bell customer ( Bell interenet, Bell Fibe, Bell Sat. Tv, Bell home phone) You will need your account number or Bell phone number to register

Once registered you will get a Bell Advantage web page with different offers
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2400 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
As much as I love Sony TVs (have a 75" 900F and an 11 year old 55" Bravia) at this price range, wouldn't a TCL/Hisense be much better?

You're getting the Sony name (and probably QA) but getting the most entry level version of a 4K HDR tv, where the TCL/Hisense will come with every bell (heh) and whistle available in 2021.

Sony 750H review @ rtings
TCL 5 Series review @ rtings

Not sure how Source's warranties/returns/exchanges are, but I say if you're not buying your tv at Costco with their policies, then everything (re: brand) is game at that point.
Last edited by ChippewaBarr on Apr 6th, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2007
265 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
What are you planning to do with a X750h lol?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
ChippewaBarr wrote: As much as I love Sony TVs (have a 75" 900F and an 11 year old 55" Bravia) at this price range, wouldn't a TCL/Hisense be much better?

You're getting the Sony name (and probably QA) but getting the most entry level version of a 4K HDR tv, where the TCL/Hisense will come with every bell (heh) and whistle available in 2021.

Not sure how Source's warranties/returns/exchanges are, but I say if you're not buying at Costco with their policies, then everything (re: brand) is game at that point.
Guess it not for you.
Jul 23, 2013
267 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP, got one for the kitchen.
Last edited by chackhou on Apr 6th, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2400 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
WilliamS17867 wrote: For 450 you're only gonna get a 4 series TCL which is very comparable to this Sony. The 4 series isn't a bells and whistles tv.
Yeah that's true...about $150 more for the 5 Series at the moment.

Although it does drop down to $499 all the time...still $50 more than this Sony even then.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
thx op, not bad for a budget sony tv
Signature removed due to rule violation
Jan 29, 2013
388 posts
373 upvotes
toronto
Thanks , ordered one for my Dad.
Jan 1, 2021
122 posts
83 upvotes
Maybe it's not the hottest deal, but it's a good deal for sure. There aren't any cheap or mid-level promotions for a long time. Walmart sold RCA Qdot for 300, and Costco sold TCL 5 series for 450. Other than that, only crap ones are on sale.

If anyone needs a tv right away, that will be a good deal. However, I'm not a bell customer :)
Jan 29, 2013
388 posts
373 upvotes
toronto
I was able to register my source log in with Virgin Mobile Home Internet account number.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
akagarry wrote: I was able to register my source log in with Virgin Mobile Home Internet account number.
Hm I wonder if it works with Virgin Mobile too

EDIT:
I dunno i guess it worked since I can see the pricing now
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1040 posts
1222 upvotes
Kingston
I have one of these accounts and I am not a Bell customer in any shape or form. I simply entered my Koodo phone number and it worked.
Dec 15, 2019
976 posts
2861 upvotes
York Region
Bought this TV in December 2020.
If you don't mind taking it back and forth for refund when you regret it, sure go ahead, $400 is not bad (assuming you're a bell customer also)

pros:
- sony
- still 4k, colours are bright in vivid mode
- android TV allowing some flexibility, like VLC playing files in your networking wirelessly
- played ps5 on it, was smooth, I didn't count FPS but 60hz Spiderman was really fine
- some neat features like waking up your TV when PS5 turns on
- used Sonos soundbar with it, can use google assistant to "play ___ on Netflix/YouTube", "turn off TV" (but not turn on..)

cons:
- no built in bluetooth to pair headphones, I bought a dongle off amazon for this
- no Disney+/Apple TV app even if you want it badly and willing to pay, the x850h and above does
- bezels were not THAT thin, and definitely heightened versus the screen enough to be noticeable
- I watch a LOT of Netflix, and the colours temperature keep changing automatically no matter how much I play with the settings

if you watch the 2021 line ups, the newer TVs seem a lot nicer with more functions.
For a cheap Sony TV, this is fine

any questions, feel free to ask

1.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
Minimo07 wrote: Bought this TV in December 2020.
If you don't mind taking it back and forth for refund when you regret it, sure go ahead, $400 is not bad (assuming you're a bell customer also)

pros:
- sony
- android TV allowing some flexibility, like VLC playing files in your networking wirelessly
- played ps5 on it, was smooth, I didn't count FPS but 60hz Spiderman was really fine
- used Sonos soundbar with it, can use google assistant to "play ___ on Netflix/YouTube", "turn off TV" (but not turn on..)

cons:
- no built in bluetooth to pair headphones, I bought a dongle off amazon for this
- no Disney+/Apple TV app even if you want it badly and willing to pay, the x850h and above does
- bezels were not THAT thin, and definitely heightened versus the screen enough to be noticeable
- I watch a LOT of Netflix, and the colours temperature keep changing automatically no matter how much I play with the settings

if you watch the 2021 line ups, the newer TVs seem a lot nicer with more functions.

1.jpg
I got a android tv update about a couple of months ago and it had Disney plus on. Force an update
Dec 15, 2019
976 posts
2861 upvotes
York Region
explorer11 wrote: I got a android tv update about a couple of months ago and it had Disney plus on. Force an update
o really? yours is x750h??
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
Minimo07 wrote: o really? yours is x750h??
Yes. It’s a cottage tv. Don’t really know when I actually got it but when I reactivate internet at the cottage. I turned the TV on and it asked me if I wanted to update. It took an hour. As far as Apple TV goes don’t know if I have it
Nov 22, 2017
136 posts
259 upvotes
Minimo07 wrote: Bought this TV in December 2020.

pros:
- sony

cons:

1.jpg
Just because it's not on your playstore doesn't mean you can't get it.

You can install any app that you download.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/disney/disney-android-tv/
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I already have the EPP program, I can't add this promo, unless I create a new profile.

For those who had this problem. Good price tho,
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)