Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Sony WH-1000XM2/B Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones $303 with PSP Discount

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 14, 2006
1089 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Sony WH-1000XM2/B Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones $303 with PSP Discount

They are on sale for 379.99 from the regular 449.99

If you have PSP, the price is 303.99 prior to taxes.

Here's a review for those looking for a good pair of ANC headphones

163 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
3152 posts
6430 upvotes
These are fantastic ANC headphones.
At $304 vs the competition these are the best bang for your buck.

IMO at $450 it’s a toss up between these and the QC35, but at almost $150 less, these headphones are the obvious choice.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Jun 1st, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 24, 2017
315 posts
755 upvotes
100% buy these. They're not *as* comfortable as the Bose, but they have more features, and support more Bluetooth codecs.

For example, the QC35's only support SBC (the default low bandwidth code) and AAC, whereas these support SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD and LDAC. They also feature DSEE HX and S-Master HX, whatever those are (I have DSEE HX turned off, but from what the app says, it increases sound quality but comes at a cost of battery life).

Android phones support AAC and aptX. Some newer Android phones support aptX HD, and Sony phones support LDAC.

Apple phones only support AAC, though MacBook's support aptX (and I've heard tale that the Apple TV 4th Gen/4K also uses aptX).
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
18024 posts
10827 upvotes
Ottawa
Good price with psp

Been using them for a few weeks now. They seem to have gotten a bit more comfy over time and don’t bother me as much as when they were new. Sound is not the best but more than adequately good sounding compared to other anc headphones. Overall I’m happy with them
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Member
Oct 13, 2013
344 posts
183 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
canada5dollarbill wrote: 100% buy these. They're not *as* comfortable as the Bose, but they have more features, and support more Bluetooth codecs.

For example, the QC35's only support SBC (the default low bandwidth code) and AAC, whereas these support SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD and LDAC. They also feature DSEE HX and S-Master HX, whatever those are (I have DSEE HX turned off, but from what the app says, it increases sound quality but comes at a cost of battery life).

Android phones support AAC and aptX. Some newer Android phones support aptX HD, and Sony phones support LDAC.

Apple phones only support AAC, though MacBook's support aptX (and I've heard tale that the Apple TV 4th Gen/4K also uses aptX).
Alot of the so called "features" are just marketing gimmicks. Don't be fooled. Sony these days don't make good sound quality. If you just care about bass, then they are ok. Sound quality? No.
Member
Mar 15, 2007
268 posts
172 upvotes
lilclie wrote: They are on sale for 379.99 from the regular 449.99

If you have PSP, the price is 303.99 prior to taxes.
How does this PSP thing work? From the looks of it on the Source website, it's a corporate discount. Or can individual customers get it as well?
Last edited by dirtymef421 on Jun 1st, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2005
2340 posts
533 upvotes
York
Can the PSP discount be combined with the $25 off signup coupon as well?
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Member
Apr 13, 2010
329 posts
723 upvotes
I've been waiting for this sale for two weeks. I already managed to find a buyer for my QC25s this week for $200, so the timing was perfect.

Edit: to answer the last poster's question: I tried to combine with an old email signup discount coupon that I hadn't ended up using, and my attempt was denied. Still a great price.
Last edited by S1 on Jun 1st, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Jan 22, 2015
703 posts
1015 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Google the PSP it's super easy - I post instructions last time on this same deal and that got the thread deleted ...
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1158 posts
218 upvotes
The Destroyer wrote: Can the PSP discount be combined with the $25 off signup coupon as well?
No you can not. Unless something changed.
Sr. Member
May 26, 2005
963 posts
799 upvotes
GVRD
Very good headphones - I have a pair (bought at 379 and still feel that it was worth it) and use them on the bus.

Great sound, great noise cancellation and so far Bluetooth has been rock solid with my Pixel 2.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3988 posts
2925 upvotes
Calgary
better than a decent deal for these Sony SOTA BT cans. picked mine up on a Visions pm for $280.xx & no regrets. amazing ANC for in plane & other noisy enviroments + SQ isnt too bad either. not as syrupy as the BBproV1/2 but a bit more audiophile (if that term exists for BT cans that is) excepting a slight mid nasality which manifests mostly with vocals. that said, it's not a deal breaker nor does it even bother me but it's not as natural sounding to my ears. ofcos YMMV as our ears are different.

other than that, build quality is good & I've no issues with comfort. not sure if its worth 2+ times more than an onsale BBproV2 but it's def better in my books.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1984 posts
925 upvotes
Richmond Hill
scotsum wrote: better than a decent deal for these Sony SOTA BT cans. picked mine up on a Visions pm for $280.xx & no regrets. amazing ANC for in plane & other noisy enviroments + SQ isnt too bad either. not as syrupy as the BBproV1/2 but a bit more audiophile (if that term exists for BT cans that is) excepting a slight mid nasality which manifests mostly with vocals. that said, it's not a deal breaker nor does it even bother me but it's not as natural sounding to my ears. ofcos YMMV as our ears are different.

other than that, build quality is good & I've no issues with comfort. not sure if its worth 2+ times more than an onsale BBproV2 but it's def better in my books.
Which location?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1984 posts
925 upvotes
Richmond Hill
scotsum wrote: Calgary NE on 32nd Ave.
thanks but I live in Toronto XD

How do you price match it? You just show them the photo?
Member
Apr 13, 2010
329 posts
723 upvotes
Has anyone had success with the PSP discount? My order is "on hold".
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3988 posts
2925 upvotes
Calgary
jacky190424 wrote: thanks but I live in Toronto XD

How do you price match it? You just show them the photo?
usually with PMs, I print out the page. if its PSP or other prices not normally shown on site, then I print the checkout page. that said, I really don't remember if I PM'd it from the Source or Amazon or another retailer.

Top