Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Sony XM3 Grey noise cancelling headphones - 340$ with PSP + 1% ebates +tax

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 10:18 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2678 posts
601 upvotes
HeadStr0ng wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:48 am
should be fix now,
You would need to check to make sure you get one of the newer batches.
Serial number start with 6xxxxxx

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portabl ... 59/page/22
So the ones that start with 5 can't be fixed? I bought mine in March and the serial number is a bit before 6

There were some pretty cold days in March but I can't remember if I used them on any of those days
Oct 2, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
I have these ($300 from baybloorradio with cheapo headphone trade in special) and the cold issue is usually resolved by turning it on in the cold. It re-calibrates the touchpad when you do this. Fixes it 95% of the time. Only other gripe is wet long hair also sets it off. These things are great otherwise.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2005
49 posts
73 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
BigJonsson wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:22 pm
So the ones that start with 5 can't be fixed? I bought mine in March and the serial number is a bit before 6

There were some pretty cold days in March but I can't remember if I used them on any of those days
I was just going by what I read on threads online but some people are saying later numbers in 5xxxx are also fixed
Apr 20, 2018
47 posts
17 upvotes
HeadStr0ng wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 5:12 pm
I was able to get the black ones in store with a serial number starting in 6. Cold isssue should be fixed with these
You were able to get a black one with the PSP price? Which store you went to? Want to get a black one with this price.
Apr 6, 2003
411 posts
37 upvotes
I owned these for just over a week. The biggest issue I had was support for multiple devices (sources). With my 3 year old bose Bluetooth headphones I can switch devices easily with the button on the side. With these sony’s I have to manually disconnect and connect to different devices each time (iPhone, iPad, tv).

Lots of information out there of people complaining of the same thing. Just thought I would mention it. This was a deal breaker for me since I like to watch something on my iPad during my commute on the train and switch to my phone easily for music / picking up a call.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2005
49 posts
73 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
Aelanord wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 9:08 am
You were able to get a black one with the PSP price? Which store you went to? Want to get a black one with this price.
I’m in New Brunswick but they should be all the same
Jan 18, 2006
65 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
https://portal.caarewards.ca/sco/offer/ ... ce-305945/
The Source

CAA Members SAVE up to 20% off the lowest-marked price. Present your CAA Membership card in-store or online and start saving today!

To set up your Member profile, visit thesource.ca/caa. Enter B2G056000 as the PSP Validation code, CAA as the reference code, and your Membership number and start saving online NOW!

*** If you have an existing The Source account, I enrolled in the PSP by using the 'New Customers' link:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/psp-register?p=caa
with my current The Source account email and password, CAA Membership Number, 'B2G056000' as PSP Validation Code and 'CAA' as the Reference Code.

Then once logged into my The Source account, I made sure I added my CAA number and Reference Code 'CAA' in: Home > My Account > Profile Info.
Company Name and Type of Business is a required field, so I added 'CAA' and 'Auto Repair, Service, Parking'.

You know it worked if you get a 'View Membership Card' link in: Home > My Account > Profile Info
Dec 29, 2008
210 posts
118 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't understand. why does everyone on RFG assume that everyone has PSP? As far as I can tell, PSP is only offered to businesses and through employee saving referral code. Assuming many of us aren't business owners. Are employee savings referral code that easy to obtain?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1003 posts
1798 upvotes
Markham
RadioDude wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 9:52 pm
I don't understand. why does everyone on RFG assume that everyone has PSP? As far as I can tell, PSP is only offered to businesses and through employee saving referral code. Assuming many of us aren't business owners. Are employee savings referral code that easy to obtain?
A search would've answered your question.