Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] The Source: MSI GF65 9SEXR-436CA 15.6" Gaming Laptop - 16 GB | i7-9750H | 512GB | RTX2060 - $1399.99

[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
21709 posts
159277 upvotes
GTA

[The Source] The Source: MSI GF65 9SEXR-436CA 15.6" Gaming Laptop - 16 GB | i7-9750H | 512GB | RTX2060 - $1399.99

If you are in the market for a new laptop, normally where gaming is concerned I would tell people to wait for the next gen GPUs coming out next month. For those who can't wait and need something now, happened to see this on sale at The Source and I think it's decent for a mid-ranger. I7-9750, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and an RTX2060 ticks several boxes for $1399.99 (many places have this for $1599.99 right now).

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computer ... /108088691
Last edited by toguy on Aug 20th, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
24 replies
Newbie
Aug 15, 2015
87 posts
104 upvotes
Windsor
JrGongMarley wrote: Costco is selling one with comparable stats with better warranty

They both have 512gb ssd wish it also had a 1tb hdd then i would bite

https://www.costco.ca/acer-nitro-5-an51 ... 81827.html
That's a 1660ti and 17.3 inch, there's barely a market for that combination...always better to get a 2060 in this day and age
Last edited by jacobspeeds on Aug 28th, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2006
2957 posts
953 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Picking one up. Price lowered to $1399.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
1088 posts
104 upvotes
Looks like this has dropped another $50 to $1399 now. How does this compare with some of the Asus TUF series gaming laptops with RTX2060 graphics card?

What would be a comparable CPU from AMD for this i7-9750H?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1956 posts
1873 upvotes
Agent wrote: Looks like this has dropped another $50 to $1399 now. How does this compare with some of the Asus TUF series gaming laptops with RTX2060 graphics card?

What would be a comparable CPU from AMD for this i7-9750H?
4800h is still faster but barely


So $1499 for Asus with 1TB ssd and thermal issues
Or $1399 for MSI with i7 and 512gb ssd
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
753 posts
544 upvotes
Quebec
jacobspeeds wrote: That's a 1660ti and 17.3 inch, there's barely a market for that combination...always better to get a 2060 on this day and age
1399$ for the MSI isn't bad. Not the deal if the century but not bad still if your.primary focus is gaming and the less powerful i7-9750 won't really matter.

Gtx1660ti is basically an RTX2060 Max-Q without the ray tracing capabilities. The gaming benchmarks are not that différent (as long as you pay less than an equivalently equipped RTX2060 model)
Moderatly priced 17 inches models are becoming a rarity.
Newbie
Aug 15, 2015
87 posts
104 upvotes
Windsor
kowell wrote: 1399$ for the MSI isn't bad. Not the deal if the century but not bad still if your.primary focus is gaming and the less powerful i7-9750 won't really matter.

Gtx1660ti is basically an RTX2060 Max-Q without the ray tracing capabilities. The gaming benchmarks are not that différent (as long as you pay less than an equivalently equipped RTX2060 model)
Moderatly priced 17 inches models are becoming a rarity.
The post changed? It's now a 15inch rtx 2060 msi?!
My original point was you can get a 15inch 2060 for the same or a little more, why not get that...
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Newbie
Jan 22, 2017
24 posts
179 upvotes
Just received this one yesterday and it looks very decent for the price... 1349$ + Rakuten
Maybe more « get what you pay for» than a hot deal but... very happy with it so far...

• 15.6-inch Full HD display 144Hz
• Intel Core i7-9750H
• 16GB memory
• 512GB SSD (+ second slot for expansion)
• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
• Numpad !

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/acer- ... verviewtab
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 6, 2020
27 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
G37xS2010 wrote: Just received this one yesterday and it looks very decent for the price... 1349$ + Rakuten
Maybe more « get what you pay for» than a hot deal but... very happy with it so far...

• 15.6-inch Full HD display 144Hz
• Intel Core i7-9750H
• 16GB memory
• 512GB SSD (+ second slot for expansion)
• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
• Numpad !

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/acer- ... verviewtab
Order that one. Thank you
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1956 posts
1873 upvotes
G37xS2010 wrote: Just received this one yesterday and it looks very decent for the price... 1349$ + Rakuten
Maybe more « get what you pay for» than a hot deal but... very happy with it so far...

• 15.6-inch Full HD display 144Hz
• Intel Core i7-9750H
• 16GB memory
• 512GB SSD (+ second slot for expansion)
• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
• Numpad !

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/acer- ... verviewtab
what's the screen refresh rate?
Newbie
Jan 22, 2017
24 posts
179 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: what's the screen refresh rate?
I think that ‘’144hz’’ refer to the refresh rate...

Top