• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2017 2:56 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2006
542 posts
335 upvotes
Calgary

[The Source] (Targeted?) Spend $50 in-store get $25 bonus card - EXTENDED

Not sure if this is targeted, but in an email from The Source this morning titled "Here’s $25 plus an incredible Holiday Flash Sale!" there is a section stating "Get a $25 Bonus Card when you spend $50 or more in store".

Fine print:
^Show this e-mail (printed out or on your phone) and provide your e-mail address to a Store Associate in order to redeem your offer between December 8-11, 2016. If minimum $50 purchase amount is made in-store, VIP Bonus Card will be e-mailed to Customer between December 15-19, 2016. Minimum $50 purchase amount excludes The Source Gift Cards, all prepaid cards (iTunes, Xbox, etc), prepaid airtime cards, mobile phones, mobile phone plans and security deposits, mobility accessories, Apple products, Bose products, MP3 players. EPP, PSP or Business discounts are eligible for $50 minimum purchase amount but must meet $50 minimum purchase spend after EPP, PSP or Business discounts and before taxes. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can then be redeemed from December 26, 2016 to June 30, 2017 so be sure to visit us again soon. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can be used in-store or online @ thesource.ca. VIP Bonus Card cannot be used to buy regular Gift Cards or pre-paid airtime cards, mobile phone plans or security deposits. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon, discount, special price or promotion. No price adjustments on prior purchases. VIP Bonus Card will be deactivated upon merchandise returns. No minimum purchase required when redeeming VIP Bonus Card. Additional conditions, limitations and/or exclusions may apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: DECEMBER 15

I've gotten a second email with a new round of the same promotion with purchase dates of December 15th to December 18th and Bonus Card email delivery between December 22nd and December 29th. It looks like it should be possible to earn this 2nd bonus card even after earning one on the first round. You probably can't redeem them both on the same transaction, but if you have two separate transactions you could redeem both starting December 26th.

^Show this e-mail (printed out or on your phone) and provide your e-mail address to a Store Associate in order to redeem your offer between December 15-18, 2016. If minimum $50 purchase amount is made in-store, VIP Bonus Card will be e-mailed to Customer between December 22-29, 2016. Minimum $50 purchase amount excludes The Source Gift Cards, all prepaid cards (iTunes, Xbox, etc), prepaid airtime cards, mobile phones, mobile phone plans and security deposits, mobility accessories, Apple products, Bose products, MP3 players. EPP, PSP or Business discounts are eligible for $50 minimum purchase amount but must meet $50 minimum purchase spend after EPP, PSP or Business discounts and before taxes. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can then be redeemed from December 26, 2016 to July 31, 2017 so be sure to visit us again soon. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can be used in-store or online @ thesource.ca. VIP Bonus Card cannot be used to buy regular Gift Cards or pre-paid airtime cards, mobile phone plans or security deposits. When redeeming, this Bonus Card cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon, discount, special price or promotion. No price adjustments on prior purchases. VIP Bonus Card will be deactivated upon merchandise returns. No minimum purchase required when redeeming VIP Bonus Card. Additional conditions, limitations and/or exclusions may apply.
Last edited by davidclegg on Dec 8th, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
First round:
1) Show (targeted?) email and provide email address between December 8th and 11th when purchasing at least $50 of qualifying items in-store.
2) Receive a $25 Bonus Card via email between December 15th and 19th.
3) Redeem Bonus Card starting December 26th.

Second round:
1) Show (targeted?) email and provide email address between December 15th and 18th when purchasing at least $50 of qualifying items in-store.
2) Receive a $25 Bonus Card via email between December 22nd and 29th.
3) Redeem Bonus Card starting December 26th.

Fine print reads as though you should be able to qualify for both Bonus Cards, if you make purchases during each round. But you may not be allowed to redeem both Bonus Cards in the same transaction.
63 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1123 posts
1661 upvotes
davidclegg wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 1:28 pm

Fine print:
^Show this e-mail (printed out or on your phone) and provide your e-mail address to a Store Associate in order to redeem your offer between December 8-11, 2016. If minimum $50 purchase amount is made in-store, VIP Bonus Card will be e-mailed to Customer between December 15-19, 2016. Minimum $50 purchase amount excludes The Source Gift Cards, all prepaid cards (iTunes, Xbox, etc), prepaid airtime cards, mobile phones, mobile phone plans and security deposits, mobility accessories, Apple products, Bose products, MP3 players. EPP, PSP or Business discounts are eligible for $50 minimum purchase amount but must meet $50 minimum purchase spend after EPP, PSP or Business discounts and before taxes. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can then be redeemed from December 26, 2016 to June 30, 2017 so be sure to visit us again soon. Promotional VIP Bonus Card can be used in-store or online @ thesource.ca. VIP Bonus Card cannot be used to buy regular Gift Cards or pre-paid airtime cards, mobile phone plans or security deposits. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon, discount, special price or promotion. No price adjustments on prior purchases. VIP Bonus Card will be deactivated upon merchandise returns. No minimum purchase required when redeeming VIP Bonus Card. Additional conditions, limitations and/or exclusions may apply.
I wonder if that means we can't use it in addition to the newsletter 25$ discount.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2006
542 posts
335 upvotes
Calgary
Hartia0 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 1:32 pm
I wonder if that means we can't use it in addition to the newsletter 25$ discount.
I thought the newsletter discount was for online purchases only. This promo is for in-store purchases only.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1030 posts
932 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got this promo too. May buy a chromecast with something for filler and get $25+$20 google play credit!
Koodo $40 8GB
May 16, 2003
146 posts
17 upvotes
i tried to buy a playstation membership card and was denied the $25, sales douche said its considered a pre-paid card
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1123 posts
1661 upvotes
davidclegg wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 1:46 pm
I thought the newsletter discount was for online purchases only. This promo is for in-store purchases only.
I meant like, if it's a gift card of some sort. Like the "VIP" 25$ card, doesn't specific if its to be used for in-store only.

Of course to get it, it says you have to do a 50$ instore purchase.
Nov 23, 2016
67 posts
33 upvotes
amputato wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 2:17 pm
i tried to buy a playstation membership card and was denied the $25, sales douche said its considered a pre-paid card
It is, that's why you also don't have to pay taxes on those.
Dec 31, 2011
32 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Went to the store purchased for 50.xx+Tax and got an instant 25 gift card with no expiry date now.
Dec 10, 2013
593 posts
35 upvotes
smartb wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 3:08 pm
Went to the store purchased for 50.xx+Tax and got an instant 25 gift card with no expiry date now.
How did this work? The fine print on the card says you will receive a VIP e-coupon of 25$ between dec15-dec19, not a physical gift card.
^Show this e-mail (printed out or on your phone) and provide your e-mail address to a Store Associate in order to redeem your offer between December 8-11, 2016. If minimum $50 purchase amount is made in-store, VIP Bonus Card will be e-mailed to Customer between December 15-19,
Dec 10, 2013
593 posts
35 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 1:32 pm
davidclegg wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 1:46 pm
newsletter works for both online and instore, this promo is instore only.

For anyone interested in stacking the PS4 deal:
"Something to sweeten the deal:

Got an email from the source that gives $25 e-coupon for $50 spent in the store. CSR just typed in my email on the order and said I should receive it Dec 15-18.
(this can be stacked with the mailing list subscription 25 off 100 code)

http://imgur.com/Ac0XDBr

Subtotal $305 + tax = $344 and receive a $25 e-voucher from Dec 15-18"
Dec 31, 2011
32 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
yifeilu92 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 3:11 pm
How did this work? The fine print on the card says you will receive a VIP e-coupon of 25$ between dec15-dec19, not a physical gift card.
^Show this e-mail (printed out or on your phone) and provide your e-mail address to a Store Associate in order to redeem your offer between December 8-11, 2016. If minimum $50 purchase amount is made in-store, VIP Bonus Card will be e-mailed to Customer between December 15-19,
The store keeper said we are going to give you a lifetime card instead of the email.I said I have no issues.
Dec 10, 2013
593 posts
35 upvotes
smartb wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 3:14 pm
The store keeper said we are going to give you a lifetime card instead of the email.I said I have no issues.
Lucky, which store is this?
Dec 31, 2011
32 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
yifeilu92 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 3:16 pm
Lucky, which store is this?
Square one shopping center in Mississauga
Nov 5, 2015
97 posts
68 upvotes
Quebec, QC
As an employee for The Source, We do 25$ bonus card on a physical giftcard, not on a VIP-ecoupon. Maybe it's not the same for the rest of the country (But i would be really surprised ) , but this is how we do it here in Quebec.

TLTR : Spend 50$, get 25$. Ask it to a Salesman if you want to be sure ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1773 posts
631 upvotes
Quebec
dragsther2 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2016 4:17 pm
As an employee for The Source, We do 25$ bonus card on a physical giftcard, not on a VIP-ecoupon. Maybe it's not the same for the rest of the country (But i would be really surprised ) , but this is how we do it here in Quebec.

TLTR : Spend 50$, get 25$. Ask it to a Salesman if you want to be sure ;)

You mean buy like a 50$ Itunes card and get 25$ back?