Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

TheSource Arlo Pro 2 w/ 2 cameras $450 PSP PM with Bestbuy

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2018 12:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes

[The Source] TheSource Arlo Pro 2 w/ 2 cameras $450 PSP PM with Bestbuy

The Source has an Intro Offer for the Arlo Pro 2 with 2 cameras for $450 after PSP discount. PM with Best Buy for another $7 off. There was a sale for $399 for the original Arlo Pro w/ 2 cameras but $50 more for the pro 2 seems a pretty good deal.

Salesperson confirmed the PM at my local Best Buy but I opted for the original Arlo Pro w/ 4 cameras for 679 which I thought was a pretty good deal as well.

Set the cameras up last night and seems to be working well so far (just need to play around and optimize the motion settings). Note the Arlo Pro 2 has Motion Zones and 3second look back before he motion happened,but the cameras need to be plugged in.
Last edited by freakyflow on Jun 29th, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3492 posts
2046 upvotes
A few reviews on amazon.com but one interesting one.

"Please be VERY aware that this product (Arlo Pro 2 1080p) has a serious flaw. It will regularly and randomly go offline and only removing the battery will reset it and bring it back online. When this happens the battery depletes at approximately 10% per hour. Thus completely dead in 10 hours.

I have had an Arlo Pro 1 with five cameras for a long time without issue. But the Arlo Pro 2 has a fault and it is fundamental. A lot of people are discussing this on the Netgear community. Please be aware of the before you buy."
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Jan 13, 2017
444 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Price appears to be $529.99 now... How good are these cameras? Are they worth the premium for outdoor wireless cameras?

Can they run Power over Ethernet too instead of wireless?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: Price appears to be $529.99 now... How good are these cameras? Are they worth the premium for outdoor wireless cameras?

Can they run Power over Ethernet too instead of wireless?
You'll need to register for the PSP discount through The Source. They can be plugged into an outlet but that is to avoid recharging the battery, no PoE.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
Redscott wrote: A few reviews on amazon.com but one interesting one.

"Please be VERY aware that this product (Arlo Pro 2 1080p) has a serious flaw. It will regularly and randomly go offline and only removing the battery will reset it and bring it back online. When this happens the battery depletes at approximately 10% per hour. Thus completely dead in 10 hours.

I have had an Arlo Pro 1 with five cameras for a long time without issue. But the Arlo Pro 2 has a fault and it is fundamental. A lot of people are discussing this on the Netgear community. Please be aware of the before you buy."
Couple of friends have the Arlo Pro 2 and haven't complained of this issue so I'm not sure it's applicable to all. This is fairly new to Canada, I think it just officially launched, so it's possible it was an early revision (US only) that had this problem.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5768 posts
33893 upvotes
Montreal
Pretty good price. I have two Nest Outdoor cams that I need to install - and everyime I see a great deal for Arlo camera it makes we wonder which of two systems do I really want.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
krazykanuck wrote: Pretty good price. I have two Nest Outdoor cams that I need to install - and everyime I see a great deal for Arlo camera it makes we wonder which of two systems do I really want.
I think it depends on the location you want to put the cams. If it is accessible to a power outlet then the Nest may work well. But if not, and the position of the cams can be accessed easily to take batteries out and recharge (in my case all I need to do is open my window to get to my cams), then the arlo pro may work better. Only concern i have now is both nest and arlo pro seems to not function well during very cold temperatures.