• Jun 7th, 2021 11:19 am
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
865 posts
2600 upvotes

[The Source] Tile Mate 4 Pack with Replacement Battery, $35

Tile Mate 4 Pack with Replacement Battery, $35

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-w ... /108080111

Note this is 2018 model, not 2020 model.

Features:

Connect wirelessly from up to 150 feet away
Bluetooth 4.0 technology makes it easy to link the tracker to your mobile device.

Secure the tracker to commonly misplaced items, such as your keys, cell phone, wallet or bag
To make your things easy to find.

Ring your things
The app automatically records the last time and place you saw your item with the attached tracker.

Find your phone
Double press the Tile button on your device to make your phone ring even when it's on silent.

Activate community find
With millions of users all over the globe, the Tile community can help you find your things fast wherever they are.

Replaceable battery
Mate uses a replaceable CR1632 battery which runs for a year with no upkeep, and then is easy to replace yourself.

Quite a few other tile bluetooth trackers are on sale too. See link below:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-w ... =relevance

Tile Pro 2 Pack with Replaceable Battery - Black, $35
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-w ... /108080112

Tile Mate & Slim Combo 4 Pack With Replacement Battery – White, $40
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-w ... /108080116
Last edited by qfli78 on Jun 5th, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
4046 posts
3612 upvotes
The NORTH
Just be aware that these are the 2018 model, not the 2020 model.

BUT
The main difference between the Tile Mate 2018 and Tile Mate 2020 is that the new model has 33.33% more range.

As a result, the 2020 version is better at locating nearby missing items.

Otherwise, the old and new versions of the Mate are pretty much identical as both have the same app features, battery life, smart home support, dust resistance, water resistance, operating temperature range as well as warranty coverage.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1490 posts
562 upvotes
Halton
wonder if they'll survive the launch of Apple's version. That'll be such a great market for them in NA where Iphones are dominant.
We have tile and they are ok for around the house but i wouldn't count on them working all the time
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
865 posts
2600 upvotes
CheapoFillipo wrote: wonder if they'll survive the launch of Apple's version. That'll be such a great market for them in NA where Iphones are dominant.
We have tile and they are ok for around the house but i wouldn't count on them working all the time
I think they will survive. AirTags are high-end. One AirTag costs more than this 4-pack.
Dec 2, 2009
425 posts
503 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: I think they will survive. AirTags are high-end. One AirTag costs more than this 4-pack.
Because they're actually useful. I have a bunch of tiles from the $5 Walmart deal last year and they suck. I could lose my wallet in the couch cushions of the couch I'm sitting on and half the time it will say the tile is out of range.

Garbage product.
Feb 17, 2008
118 posts
87 upvotes
I also tried them from the deal last time.

Tried with my iPhone and an android friend, very bad product.

Tried outside in the car, in my wallet, and in me GF purse.

Worked only with the purse. The others were always out of range.
Aug 26, 2008
931 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal
Ubiquitous location tracking is such a useful fundamental service, I hope the Android and eventually cross-device open standards based world eventually releases a competitive product. Apple is just going to sit on it forever, selling it at a hugely inflated price and limiting its application, but it will serve everyone best if every device supports it. Apple is releasing an AirTag app for Android, but an open standard would make the most sense.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
865 posts
2600 upvotes
ej25i wrote: Because they're actually useful. I have a bunch of tiles from the $5 Walmart deal last year and they suck. I could lose my wallet in the couch cushions of the couch I'm sitting on and half the time it will say the tile is out of range.

Garbage product.
Is the one you got from Walmart 2018 model or 2016 model? The 2018 model has replaceable battery. The battery of the 2016 model is non-replaceable.

The "out of range" issue might be due to low battery. The 2018 model is supposed to have 150 feet of range.
Last edited by qfli78 on Jun 5th, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 14, 2006
510 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 2018 one and it’s been amazing. Replaceable battery, decent support/app integration and user base for tile.

Can’t complain.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
865 posts
2600 upvotes
SBGoose wrote: I have the 2018 one and it’s been amazing. Replaceable battery, decent support/app integration and user base for tile.

Can’t complain.
The reviews of the 2018 tile mate seems largely good on Amazon and Bestbuy. For example, at Bestbuy.com, the reviews are 4.6 of 5 with 1387 reviews.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tile-mate- ... Id=6287750

Quite a few other tile bluetooth trackers are on sale too. See link below:
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/health-w ... =relevance

Added the information to the OP.
Last edited by qfli78 on Jun 5th, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9412 posts
5924 upvotes
Toronto
$32.54 with PSP, sweetens the deal.
Apr 1, 2004
410 posts
246 upvotes
Richmond, BC
nice! great item for me to use the $10 card they just sent me

i wanted to try these when they first came out
but the none replacement battery was a big turn off for me

i actually see them quite a lot on people’s keychains, shouldnt be too bad in a big city
Jan 12, 2008
411 posts
224 upvotes
Get the airtag. The **** app always has to be opened if you want to find your phone and iphone auto closes for you after a few hours
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9412 posts
5924 upvotes
Toronto
Disciplinz wrote: Get the airtag. The **** app always has to be opened if you want to find your phone and iphone auto closes for you after a few hours
$129 for 4-pack airtag and no keyring, I'll take the Tile.
Apr 24, 2014
62 posts
99 upvotes
Sydney
qfli78 wrote: I think they will survive. AirTags are high-end. One AirTag costs more than this 4-pack.
This 4 pack is also on sale, 1 airtag is only $10 more than a standard Tile, and the same price as a Tile Pro
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
865 posts
2600 upvotes
BryanS85 wrote: This 4 pack is also on sale, 1 airtag is only $10 more than a standard Tile, and the same price as a Tile Pro
Good point. Once Apple moves into this product category, it's difficult for Tile to compete.

But for the purpose of this thread, the 4-pack tile is a much better deal than AirtTag for now.
Mar 6, 2010
336 posts
91 upvotes
Have to buy 2 sets for free shipping, but I am sure I can find a few places to use them