Expired Hot Deals

The Source

VITAL High-Density 20,000mAh USB-C™ Power Bank - $26.99 ($21.59 with PSP)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2022 10:53 am
Feb 27, 2013
231 posts
401 upvotes
Québec
peakingduck wrote: It's a good price no doubt but imo it's worth spending more for a quality powerbank.

This one only has max 2A input so it's going to take forever to charge. Output isn't great either.

* Input: 1 x USB-C™ Port (5V/2A)
* Output: 1 x USB (5V/2.4A; 9 V/2A; 12 V/1.5A)
Got my Box.
TLDR: The Iniu is probably better.

Things to note:
Website description is wrong. Here are ACTUAL Specs
Input:
USB-C Input. Can NOT output. Supports 5V/3A; 9V/2A (18W Charge speed max)

Output:
2x USB A (5V/2.4A; 9 V/2A; 12 V/1.5A) 3A MAX Shared Total output
Battery Cycle life: >300 (This actually seems very low to me)

Does not Support Passthrough (eg Charging powerbank while discharging)

Nice feature:
4 LEDs, white, with the last one turning blue when OUTPUT in Qualcomm Quick Charge.

Problem:
Was not able to get it to charge using:
Knockoff Macbook USB-C 87W charger - did not negotiate 5V or 9V thus did not charge.
Anker PowerPort Atom PD1 USB-C - did not negotiate 5V or 9V thus did not charge.
Iniu PD-20W USB-C - did not negotiate 5V or 9V thus did not charge.

Was able to charge with Asus AD2022320 USB-A charger at 15W from the wall. Do not have a USB Wattmeter to confirm charge rate/voltage negotiation.

Charges using dumb 5V USB-A to USB-C Cable - Not actually sure how they figure it can charge at 9V.

Given how finicky this thing is, probably not a keeper.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16175 posts
3985 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Yes, will be returning mine as well. It wasn't able to accept input charge from Genuine Apple iPAD Pro USB-C charger with output of 9V/2A. Doesn't make sense.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1788 posts
3494 upvotes
Hmmm just got mine today and not sure if I'm gonna return or keep. Doesn't charge using my 25W Samsung charger even though it should be able to charge at 15W and 18W but it does charge with my 15W Samsung charger. Really weird since almost all devices regardless of what wattage it supports can be charged using most bricks even if it's at a slower wattage, this just doesn't take any charge at all from my 25W brick.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Feb 27, 2013
231 posts
401 upvotes
Québec
Correct, it's the same behavior I noted, definitely not a keep for me as it does not adhere to usb-c standards. No point in a more expensive worse powerbank imo. The iniu is cheaper and probably functions better.
Mar 24, 2016
81 posts
240 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Perfect, just ordered this one as well. I had ordered the TheSource One as well, will compare both and return that I dont need. I am a fan of INUI though, good tech.
I bought the Vital Powerbank around BF for about $19 (because Amazon doesn't ship power banks to where I needed it). At these prices, I suggest you cancel the order and stick with INIU. Vital has very finicky compatibility.
Oct 17, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
I was looking to replace my 26000 mAh RavPower power bank I got in 2017 only to find out RavPower got kicked out of Amazon for giving gift certificates for review smh, had to try my luck at AliExpress
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16175 posts
3985 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
navapeers wrote: I bought the Vital Powerbank around BF for about $19 (because Amazon doesn't ship power banks to where I needed it). At these prices, I suggest you cancel the order and stick with INIU. Vital has very finicky compatibility.
I agree. I think 5V/2A is what it likes as input. But none the less, VITAL power bank for $22 (given most 10K power banks are over $30 bucks etc).

INUI power bank is a good deal for $25+taxes.

I have not been able to get my iPad pro to take charge from it, but let's see. I may just need to change the cable.