• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 4:32 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2014
78 posts
200 upvotes
BC

[The Source] WD 6tb my book

Really good price for 6tb hard drive.they had those my book clearance at staples last year for $129.97.i don’t think you can find better deal for now.grab it before gone and shipping is free.cheers
14 replies
Jul 29, 2005
593 posts
276 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal. $25 off with the email code, too.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1036 upvotes
Richmond
I don't think the e-mail code works with it.

Also, Out of stock already. That was fast.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7499 posts
3621 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sobig wrote: stay away from that drive.
if the drive fail for some reason, You will not be able to remove the drive from the enclosure due to the encryption.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- ... puter.html
I think most of the people take the drive out to be used as internal drive.
I never noticed there is any encryption.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5857 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
As an FYI, I bought one and a 2 TB came, and it's been a month and still no refund.

Others have also complained about receiving a 2 TB or they received the 6 TB and when they plugged it in, it was something else.
Nov 4, 2014
309 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just shucked my 4TB one, didn't find any encryption (even I heard there is). Just connected it onto the SATA in the desktop, everything works great, data is accessible.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2082 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Xeerochild wrote: As an FYI, I bought one and a 2 TB came, and it's been a month and still no refund.

Others have also complained about receiving a 2 TB or they received the 6 TB and when they plugged it in, it was something else.
I received a 2TB, but I got a refund since I returned it at the store.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1950 posts
1199 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I received an 80gb from 2003 last time.

No thanks.

Source return policy is also terrible. Waited over a week with no confirmed refund or product.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5719 posts
1954 upvotes
Space
This is the old model. Super slow and overheats. If you can shuck it, it may be with it.
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
424 upvotes
The source is a f'ing joke. There's tons of stock in store... Taking down the price means I can't go grab stock in store... **** that, another reason they should have gone tits up years ago.