Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Pre-Order - $195.49 + 1% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 7:45 pm
Mar 14, 2011
233 posts
85 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP gonna be hard to find a sale price on these outside of bundles.
Jan 26, 2012
12 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:31 pm
Actually yes but I will not get political and such.
Seeing as you haven't used the original controller nor have any intention on using the new controller... you might as well get political.

Thanks OP, ordered.

And to the rest of the naysayers that haven't used it - at least give it a try before you comment. It has changed the way I game and I'd never go back. Original is fantastic and I'm expecting a bit more from the Elite 2.
Sep 3, 2016
46 posts
34 upvotes
show full price for me , am I missing something ?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6622 posts
2463 upvotes
Toronto
Goptan wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:29 pm
show full price for me , am I missing something ?
Yes read the OP, you will need a PSP account then the price will show up.

This stands for Partner Savings Program, most common are GoodLife and CAA. Google is your friend for validation codes if not a member.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18855 posts
5650 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Rahmonic wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:52 am
Yes, worth every penny if you play lot of FPS
Better spent towards building a PC if you play a lot of FPS.
Dec 5, 2012
55 posts
57 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:00 pm
It is not worth it. It is just something MS made up to bring in more coin. If they cared about the consumer they would make the regular controller of high quality and not make this second one. Also in regards to the first one I heard it had issues and people bought it for huge money and so who is to say issues won't happen with this. Anyway still a terrible purchase even if this works better.
I mean I know i am just wasting my time answering to your question and complete ignorance on what this controller is and for but since I am free at work and have nothing better to do I will give it a go.

You can make the same argument about any premium product. If its too expensive for you then just don't buy it, no one is forcing you to buy it. There is a cheaper version already available for you. Now speaking of this not worth the money, you need to consider the R&D cost and how many moving parts and premium material is being using in this controller. This is objectively better controller and has more functionality than regular controller. If you don't even see that, then you are a complete idiot.

Is it bringing more coin for MS? yes absolutely, but so does the regular controller or as a matter of fact any product lol it is made so companies can make profit. Not sure why are you so salty. This is capitalism, if you don't like it don't just hate on this controller, pretty much everything you use and own is designed in a way so it brings in more coin for the companies. You should consider living in a cave, away from this cruel society.
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:39 pm
Better spent towards building a PC if you play a lot of FPS.
Sure because $200 will help me build a PC and transform all my console friends to PC gamer
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18855 posts
5650 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Rahmonic wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:40 pm
Sure because $200 will help me build a PC and transform all my console friends to PC gamer
Well by the time you've got this controller, a one x, and just one year of live subscription you're almost $800 in the bag already.

All I'm pointing out is that you're recommending buying a $200 controller to play a game genre that is trash on controllers.
Sep 3, 2016
46 posts
34 upvotes
Angultra wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:34 pm
Yes read the OP, you will need a PSP account then the price will show up.

This stands for Partner Savings Program, most common are GoodLife and CAA. Google is your friend for validation codes if not a member.
Thanks for the clarification

I was hook on the first elite controller because it has no wear for the thumb stick, which increase the longevity of the controller by a lot, of course all the other feature are good addition too. Id rather buy 1 elite controller then 3-4 regular controller
And for xbox one hard core gamers , it's a no brainer
Jul 26, 2016
71 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's apples to oranges, like no one complaints when an Alienware / Gaming keyboard deal is posted, even though a $30 keyboard would still does 90% of the same thing.

PS: I'm a PC gamer and also have an xbox one, won't be buying this controller as I game more on the PC, but thanks OP for the share for those who can make better use of it.
YYZ ⟳ YVR (..in a time where you scroll through Netflix searching for something to watch, until it's time to go to bed)
Nov 24, 2014
25 posts
17 upvotes
left2van wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:01 pm
It's apples to oranges, like no one complaints when an Alienware / Gaming keyboard deal is posted, even though a $30 keyboard would still does 90% of the same thing.

PS: I'm a PC gamer and also have an xbox one, won't be buying this controller as I game more on the PC, but thanks OP for the share for those who can make better use of it.
A regular controller doesn't do 90% of the Elite controller though. I can understand someone not wanting to drop the money on this but for those that play FPS on consoles it's a game changer. It's basically impossible for me to play with a regular controller now because all my muscle memory is mapped to the paddles on the bottom of the controller.

To me the major gripe with the price is that you should be getting a product that is hard to break and rare to wear down. I've had 2 Elite controllers and the first had the paddles stop working and the second the right bumper has broken which is unacceptable for a $175+ controller.

Let's just hope this new version is more durable for those that buy it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2962 posts
1017 upvotes
BranCracker wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:47 am
XBO controller QC is already spotty at best; I can't imagine dropping quadruple the price with the same odds.
Yeah. I picked up a refurbed Elite two months ago and it already has drift. This better have insane build quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3314 posts
457 upvotes
Vaughan
If you're planning on getting one, make sure you get an extended warranty.
Dec 5, 2012
55 posts
57 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:52 pm
Well by the time you've got this controller, a one x, and just one year of live subscription you're almost $800 in the bag already.

All I'm pointing out is that you're recommending buying a $200 controller to play a game genre that is trash on controllers.
are you one of those pc master race cool dude? lol which year is this

I have been playing on Console ever since I was a 8, don't see a reason so change or neither do I find fps trash on console. comfort and playing with my friends above anything else.

So yes, let me repeat, if you play lot of fps on CONSOLE, this controller is worth every penny.
May 7, 2014
88 posts
41 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Good deal op. Thanks.

A poor carpenter blames his tools.

May resist as I'll have no excuses getting pwned by prepubescents if I own this.