Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Pre-Order - $195.49 + 1% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 11:45 am
Nov 27, 2003
869 posts
319 upvotes
Long time Elite controller user here. I love it. Can't say I like the price too much, considering the terrible warranty, but it is an excellent controller. Once you map jump and duck/slide to paddles, it's tough to go back.

I have had mine for years. Things seem to work fairly well still. Left stick has some drift, which is a bit annoying. The rubber grip is starting to separate a bit as well.

For those wanting the paddles for cheaper, maybe look at a Scuff controller?
Dec 31, 2018
135 posts
79 upvotes
Angultra wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 1:34 pm
Yes read the OP, you will need a PSP account then the price will show up.

This stands for Partner Savings Program, most common are GoodLife and CAA. Google is your friend for validation codes if not a member.
I’m a CAA member, but where do you get the PSP validation code? I can’t seem to find it anywhere?
Dec 31, 2018
135 posts
79 upvotes
Sold out online already. Hopefully it’ll come back in stock! $195 is a great price (for me personally).
Jun 10, 2011
503 posts
379 upvotes
Got my Xbox elite controller replace last month which I bought use on Kijiji last summer no receipt or date or purchase was asked, ms have very good warranty.

Phat_cow wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:05 pm
Lol 90 day warranty
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6972 posts
2797 upvotes
Toronto
Watchdogz wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 8:03 pm
I’m a CAA member, but where do you get the PSP validation code? I can’t seem to find it anywhere?
https://portal.caarewards.ca/sco/offer/ ... ce-305945/
To set up your Member profile, visit thesource.ca/caa. Enter B2G056000 as the PSP Validation code, CAA as the reference code, and your Membership number and start saving online NOW!
Sep 15, 2012
593 posts
163 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP! Just sold my Xbox One to buy this
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2160 posts
432 upvotes
sobig wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 8:17 pm
Got my Xbox elite controller replace last month which I bought use on Kijiji last summer no receipt or date or purchase was asked, ms have very good warranty.
90 days is a good warranty?
Jun 10, 2011
503 posts
379 upvotes
You should really learn to read...
I had my controller for more than a years and who know how long ther person before me had it for...
NO receipt of date of purchase was asked!

sobig wrote: ↑ Got my Xbox elite controller replace last month which I bought use on Kijiji last summer no receipt or date or purchase was asked, ms have very good warranty.
Phat_cow wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 2:06 am
90 days is a good warranty?
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2160 posts
432 upvotes
sobig wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 3:48 pm
You should really learn to read...
I had my controller for more than a years and who know how long ther person before me had it for...
NO receipt of date of purchase was asked!

sobig wrote: ↑ Got my Xbox elite controller replace last month which I bought use on Kijiji last summer no receipt or date or purchase was asked, ms have very good warranty.
So, a 90 day warranty and after that it's YMMV??? Thats a good warranty?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4003 posts
955 upvotes
Vancouver
ayo23 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:55 pm
If you're planning on getting one, make sure you get an extended warranty.
Phat_cow wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 5:41 pm
So, a 90 day warranty and after that it's YMMV??? Thats a good warranty?
Not justifying the high price or the fact that the manufacturer's warranty is only 90 days, but if you are considering paying this much money for a controller that has had issues in the past, you should really consider getting this from Best Buy and buying their replacement plan to go along with it. It's different from the service plan offered on appliances, TVs, consoles, basically anything over $200 and not an accessory. It's easy to claim and you get your money back (in exchange for 20% upfront to buy the warranty). Ask to PM the better price, then whoever is helping you will probably try to upsell you on the replacement plan at which point you can pretend that cost is why you're on the fence and they'll probably knock another $10 or so off the controller price for you so that you buy the warranty. This trick is more useful for the cheaper controllers where you probably have more than one and one warranty basically works on all of them..
Removed external link in signature.
Jan 14, 2012
236 posts
197 upvotes
These are shipping and mine just arrived - I only bought one, but they were kind enough to send me two. Thanks The Source!