• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 9:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1844 posts
1054 upvotes
Durham

[The Source] Xbox Series S/X Wireless Headset $110.49 with PSP discount in stock

Xbox Series S/X headset is in stock at The Source. $110.49 with PSP discount. Great price. Have one and love this headset.

Edit: Just a reminder, you also get 6 months of headset Dolby Atmos subscription with this.
Last edited by Kkhan15 on May 13th, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Apr 12, 2017
138 posts
160 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Great deal on a hard to find headset! Not sure why someone would downvote this?!
Jan 28, 2013
775 posts
1092 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
shadarap wrote: Great deal on a hard to find headset! Not sure why someone would downvote this?!
PS5 fanboy maybeFace With Tears Of Joy
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1217 posts
640 upvotes
How are the reviews?
How’s the comfort level after 3-4hr?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4259 posts
4479 upvotes
Alberta
Superman_2099 wrote: How are the reviews?
How’s the comfort level after 3-4hr?
The reviews have been great. Punching way above its weight class.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
bought one at launch... my $400 astros have been collecting dust ever since , couldn't be happier
Jul 10, 2017
69 posts
124 upvotes
Anyone know if this is ever available directly on the MS site?
All I see is links out to other retailers like The Source, Walmart, BB etc...
Jun 4, 2011
424 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting for Shopper to stock this bad boy, need something to spend my optimum points on :D
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5390 posts
2000 upvotes
Ordered this last night, was thinking of posting here, glad someone did!

Shipped today. May daily refresh of multiple sites to get this headset finally worked out, and I got PSP price which is even better!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1525 posts
2075 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Great headset at even better price.

I've had more expensive headsets and while they aren't better, they def are basically the same for about 115$ less.

Only have gotten better with firmware updates and better EQ settings.
Havox07 wrote: Still waiting for Shopper to stock this bad boy, need something to spend my optimum points on :D
Both next gen consoles took care of that for me pretty easily lol.

Although still have 912k points LOL.

Wish they would get Series X and PS5 back in stock so I could flip them for cash at retail price, don't even need someone to overpay lol, just want to convert to cash!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1049 posts
1445 upvotes
cechlin wrote: bought one at launch... my $400 astros have been collecting dust ever since , couldn't be happier
Did you really have the $400 Astros or is this just excitement and hyperbole? They aren't better than the Arctis 7x let alone Astro A40 and A50s.

$110 is a great price for a decent set of wireless headsets. However, these are just middling headphones. Soundwise slightly better than the wired versions they sell. Not the best comfort either. At the PSP price and if you need them, I would say buy, at $130+, I would say maybe look into the SteelSeries 7x for more comfort and better battery life.

I just wish HyperX would refresh their headsets for the Series X and Astro update their A50 line already.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1525 posts
2075 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Harold91 wrote:
Did you really have the $400 Astros or is this just excitement and hyperbole? They aren't better than the Arctis 7x let alone Astro A40 and A50s.

$110 is a great price for a decent set of wireless headsets. However, these are just middling headphones. Soundwise slightly better than the wired versions they sell. Not the best comfort either. At the PSP price and if you need them, I would say buy, at $130+, I would say maybe look into the SteelSeries 7x for more comfort and better battery life.

I just wish HyperX would refresh their headsets for the Series X and Astro update their A50 line already.
Not the one you're referring to but I had the 7x and sold them once I tried the new Xbox headset.

I (and my mates online) found the sound to be much clearer when speaking than the 7x. And I like the shorter/stubbier mic as well.

Game sound/comfort/battery as almost negligible between the two in my opinion as well.

One cool thing is the lack of the dongle needed to use them for other devices. One use case for me is that some games I play with a Discord server so the chat is routed through there. So I load Discord up on my phone, sync with Bluetooth and can chat through my headset WHILE I get game sound through the headphones from the Xbox as well...I was impressed.

Not to mention the dials on each ear cup are literally the entire ear cup you spin, which I find is way better ergonomically. One cup is for chat mixer, the other volume. They def thought about a lot of stuff when making these.

For 110$ absolute no brainer...at 130$ vs 190$ for 7x I'd still probably say yes for the 60$ difference...I was surprisingly impressed...just wish I could use them on PS5 was well damn it!

Sorry for the rant lol
May 10, 2010
646 posts
961 upvotes
London
ChippewaBarr wrote: Not the one you're referring to but I had the 7x and sold them once I tried the new Xbox headset.

I (and my mates online) found the sound to be much clearer when speaking than the 7x. And I like the shorter/stubbier mic as well.

Game sound/comfort/battery as almost negligible between the two in my opinion as well.

One cool thing is the lack of the dongle needed to use them for other devices. One use case for me is that some games I play with a Discord server so the chat is routed through there. So I load Discord up on my phone, sync with Bluetooth and can chat through my headset WHILE I get game sound through the headphones from the Xbox as well...I was impressed.

Not to mention the dials on each ear cup are literally the entire ear cup you spin, which I find is way better ergonomically. One cup is for chat mixer, the other volume. They def thought about a lot of stuff when making these.

For 110$ absolute no brainer...at 130$ vs 190$ for 7x I'd still probably say yes for the 60$ difference...I was surprisingly impressed...just wish I could use them on PS5 was well damn it!

Sorry for the rant lol

Rants like this are good for everyone trying to decide on if they want to purchase or not.
May 12, 2020
45 posts
19 upvotes
Been waiting for this since my old headset is dying and my friends make fun of me when we play… thanks OP! Ordered
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8282 posts
1924 upvotes
Battery life is amazing on them as well. I also like they use USB-C and refuse to make purchase of anything that doesn't. The main complain about them sound wise, is that they are to heavy on bass. Personally I like that, so I can't take it as a negative. There has been a fw update a little while back, maybe that has been addressed. But as a previous poster said, the ability to sync both Xbox and my phone simultaneously it's extremely useful. Will not deal with extra dongles/adapter/base or whatnot; honestly if you have an Xbox and are looking for a wireless headset, this is it.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
May 7, 2015
77 posts
135 upvotes
Edmonton
Quick Review:

Bought these at launch for more or less the same price. I do not use them with my Xbox, but I do use them for a PC headset with the Xbox wireless adaptor and also paired to my phone. I find I use them more than my Senn HD600 hooked up to a DAC which have been my go-to headphones for the last 20 years or so. Undoubtedly the HD600 sound much much better, but I really appreciate all the creature comforts of having a well thought-out wireless headset a well as the isolation of having closed-backed headphones.

Xbox Wireless Headset
Comfort - 9/10 - The pads are super soft and for those with big heads the padding is in the right place. I you're a sweaty/hot person these might be a bit clammy as the pads are pleather. But, I can easily wear these all day without fatigue
Sound - 7/10 - The default sound profile is very V shaped. However, there are no rough edges to the sound, so if you're just using them for video games, background music while you work, or the occasional meeting, they are great and non-fatiguing.
Isolation - 6/10 - They block out some noise, but not too much. This is good for me because I can hear my wife in the next room when she's trying to get my attention, but I can't hear her when she's talking normally... which is awesome because she's a remote teacher and listening to grade 2 all day is super distracting.
Battery Life - 9/10 - They easily last a day or two or use and charge via USB-C
Microphone - 7/10 - It's fine. Better than many wireless headsets I've heard. But, I have a handheld dynamic mic on a boom arm that I find I use more that obviously sounds dramatically better
Features (good) - Being able to have low-latency audio from the PC and bluetooth from my phone at the same time is amazing. Range is pretty decent. The volume adjustment on the right earcup works well.
'Features' (bad) - The headset powers off after ~5mins of no audio and there's no way to change it. The initial pairing process is needlessly finicky. The mic light is in a dumb spot. The mic can't be retracted or rotated up out of the way, it's just on a bendy arm. If you walk out of range of your computer, the headset won't reconnected automatically.. you have to turn it off and on again. No way to use the 'chat' volume mixer of the left earcup on Windows. Looks a little juvenile.

I wouldn't say the Xbox Wireless Headset is the best at anything, but it's surprisingly competent at a very low price for the feature set. Sure you could spend more to get something better, but IMO there's no real point in spending a lot on a wireless gaming headset. You're never going to use them outside of the house, you'll never use them for critical listening, nor will they be useful anywhere near as long as a pair of decent wired headphones.
Jan 21, 2016
311 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Asking for a subjective opinion here, but is it worth flipping LucidSound LS35X for these? The Lucids are quite good, only really missing Bluetooth which I don’t think I would use.
Jul 23, 2011
563 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone have more than one headset used in the same house at the same time?
3 kids on xboxs, laotop tutoring ect. Any issues?
I already purchased one and it's been awesome! Now need to get another headset and am worried about connection issues and auto connecting to the wrong device ect.