• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 10:35 am
[OP]
Jul 21, 2012
27 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] Xtreme Gaming LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - $34.99

For anyone looking for a budget mechanical keyboard. The Source is selling the Xtreme Gaming LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for $34.99. That's a saving of $55.00. Sale ends on July 22, 2020.

Don't forget about Rakuten 1% from The Source.

FREE: Ship to Store: 3-5 business day pick up or FREE Standard Shipping (on orders over $50).

*Priced changed from $29.99 to $34.99
Last edited by wittyG113 on Jul 10th, 2020 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
147 replies
Apr 18, 2017
541 posts
1058 upvotes
Seems not bad for $30. Might be worth it for those clone Blue switches.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1693 posts
855 upvotes
Go logitech. I bought a 710+ 3 years ago for $60 and got a free upgrade to a G910 last month because the space key stopped working. Overuse.

Also got a free G430 upgrade to G432 after 2.5 years of use.

The warranty is amazing.
Jun 26, 2013
711 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
how is this compared to Redragon Kumara K552 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard or Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard

These are my current options
Apr 13, 2010
139 posts
221 upvotes
djpr wrote: Go logitech. I bought a 710+ 3 years ago for $60 and got a free upgrade to a G910 last month because the space key stopped working. Overuse.

Also got a free G430 upgrade to G432 after 2.5 years of use.

The warranty is amazing.
What the heck? I though the warranty was only two years. I see so many negative reviews on all of the Romer-G switch keyboards they sell for failing just outside the warranty.

I have a G610 where I had to use Krazy Glue to repair the fractured stem connector on a key earlier this year because they didn't stock replacements, and it was also out of warranty.

I'm kind of wondering what kind of Jedi mind trick you had to use to get better service than that.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1693 posts
855 upvotes
S1 wrote: What the heck? I though the warranty was only two years. I see so many negative reviews on all of the Romer-G switch keyboards they sell for failing just outside the warranty.

I have a G610 where I had to use Krazy Glue to repair the fractured stem connector on a key earlier this year because they didn't stock replacements, and it was also out of warranty.

I'm kind of wondering what kind of Jedi mind trick you had to use to get better service than that.
Have you messaged their customer service? I just said it broke and they said they will send a replacement.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2221 posts
1656 upvotes
Ottawa
Warning for anyone not familiar with key switches. Blue switches are LOUD. If you're in a quiet environment or have people at home who values sleep, blue switches are very disruptive.
Apr 13, 2010
139 posts
221 upvotes
djpr wrote: Have you messaged their customer service? I just said it broke and they said they will send a replacement.
Yeah, that's what I did. Maybe I was too specific. It was also out of the two year warranty.
Sep 26, 2016
131 posts
75 upvotes
Thanks for sharing, grabbed one. Fantastic price for a mechanical keyboard.
Wonder if they'll be louder than the Kailh BOX White switches I use now.
Feb 13, 2020
58 posts
27 upvotes
Anyone able to find any reviews on this? Seems odd, a search for the product brings up very little...erm
The model number appears to be: kb-2128
Price is nice; but not sure if I need. Great post OP.
Apr 10, 2009
632 posts
285 upvotes
markham
thanks OP! wanted a keyboard for awhile and this look like a sweet deal for a mechanical keyboard
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
Sep 30, 2012
27 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
this guy

what proof did they ask for when you reported the broken spacebar
Dec 11, 2006
301 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks OP.

I have an older ZHUQUE (lol) mechanical keyboard (this one but in black: https://www.amazon.ca/Teamwolf-Mechanic ... B01EY9D2L6) I purchased for about the same price a few years ago with clone blue switches but no numpad. Since working from home, not having a numpad is getting to be frustrating.

The ZHUQUE is obviously a cheap Chinese replication of a mechanical keyboard but it gets the job done and it's pretty durable. My only initial thoughts is that this one seems more plasticy than the ZHUQUE (the Z has a metal faceplate and underbody. I haven't opened it to see what it looks like inside but I'm guessing it probably doesn't scream quality lol). Nonetheless, it's been a good little worker. No issues with button presses or connectivity.

Hopefully this cheap one is similar.
my mood today: :|
Jul 30, 2019
53 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
At this price I got it just to have it...
Sep 26, 2016
131 posts
75 upvotes
Just noticed that the semi-mechanical version uses Outemu Blue switches too according to the description? Do they have a hybrid switch with the same name, or is that just false advertising?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)