Expired Hot Deals

[The UPS Store] [GVR] Ship to UPS Blaine, $0.99 / small pkg

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 4:21 am
Member
Jan 13, 2012
318 posts
321 upvotes
Vancouver
redboy69 wrote: Blaine also has 24hr pickup.
http://247parcel.com/parcel.html

$3 per parcel with no annual fee. They'll hold it for 7 days before charging the late fees.
Thanks for the heads up. Being in New West and having Nexus, the distance is a wash. The drive to Pt. Roberts is better, but gas is cheaper in Blaine... Might be worth opening an account there anyways as a secondary.
Jr. Member
Oct 23, 2008
115 posts
105 upvotes
Whether or not you get taxed really depends on the border person you get. At Point Roberts during the holidays I was taxed for $350 usd worth of goods, then the next day I was let through with $450usd worth with no tax.

I usually declare in usd unless specifically asked for cad value.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4259 posts
2825 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I always declare as I have a Nexus card, I get harsher penalties if caught. My friend lied one time about having alcohol and they were going to flag him and confiscate his Nexus card. He pleaded and cried and apologized so many times until they said they'll give him a warning this time but going forward, he will be checked and inspected everything he goes through the border.

My grandpa also lied one time but there was also misunderstanding for that one as they were confused if it was personal or commercial goods. He got flagged for life where he will get inspected every border crossing and also dragged into customs at the airport. Took years to fix this after asking a MLA for help.

I think they give more leniency for Nexus holders. I've always been let through with $400 less with no tabacco and alcohol. Anything more it's hit or miss depending on the officer. If you bring alcohol, you'll be taxed 100% so I'll suggest not buying alcohol or tobacco if you're also purchasing large amounts.

I currently use 5D packages and they are good. Decent parking space and when I go there's usually no line. For $1 cheaper but try UPS but the $10 initiation fee kinda suck. I did pick up quite a few packages last year but not sure I would this year.

Anyone get an answer if we have to go in person to sign up?
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
8374 posts
48905 upvotes
Ontario
chris5555 wrote: Thanks for the heads up. Being in New West and having Nexus, the distance is a wash. The drive to Pt. Roberts is better, but gas is cheaper in Blaine... Might be worth opening an account there anyways as a secondary.
can't you open an account at pt roberts? THey have usps too
Member
Jan 13, 2012
318 posts
321 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: can't you open an account at pt roberts? THey have usps too
I have an account at inout parcel in pt. Roberts, and they've been good, but if I can get more savings with all else being a wash, I might as well do it, right? The only true advantage to Pt. Roberts is that I'm 99% guaranteed to not be in line when picking up past about 830 at night.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1576 posts
1091 upvotes
Surrey
bomber17 wrote: I always declare as I have a Nexus card, I get harsher penalties if caught. My friend lied one time about having alcohol and they were going to flag him and confiscate his Nexus card. He pleaded and cried and apologized so many times until they said they'll give him a warning this time but going forward, he will be checked and inspected everything he goes through the border.

My grandpa also lied one time but there was also misunderstanding for that one as they were confused if it was personal or commercial goods. He got flagged for life where he will get inspected every border crossing and also dragged into customs at the airport. Took years to fix this after asking a MLA for help.

I think they give more leniency for Nexus holders. I've always been let through with $400 less with no tabacco and alcohol. Anything more it's hit or miss depending on the officer. If you bring alcohol, you'll be taxed 100% so I'll suggest not buying alcohol or tobacco if you're also purchasing large amounts.

I currently use 5D packages and they are good. Decent parking space and when I go there's usually no line. For $1 cheaper but try UPS but the $10 initiation fee kinda suck. I did pick up quite a few packages last year but not sure I would this year.

Anyone get an answer if we have to go in person to sign up?
One guy already posted that you can call them and get set up
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1007 posts
593 upvotes
Been like this for a long while dude. It's a family business and from my experiences they're quite nice people.

If you don't hold a NEXUS hard, this particular UPS store opens earlier than 5D (8am vs 10am) which means on the weekends you can avoid long morning lineups, and this is the only reason I switched from 5D.
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2015
136 posts
77 upvotes
BC
I am in New West too and find the drive to blaine 10x better than going all the way to Pt Robert's.

Remember if you order amazon.com you can have stuff shipped to Rexall in Blaine for free pick up saving the 99c.
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2015
136 posts
77 upvotes
BC
I am in New West too and find the drive to blaine 10x better than going all the way to Pt Robert's.

Remember if you order amazon.com you can have stuff shipped to Rexall in Blaine for free pick up saving the 99c.
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
918 posts
594 upvotes
Good price but 30 day at 5D packages > 14 days at UPS is worth the extra $1. Guess you can use both depending on when you plan to go
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4259 posts
2825 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Davhur wrote: I am in New West too and find the drive to blaine 10x better than going all the way to Pt Robert's.

Remember if you order amazon.com you can have stuff shipped to Rexall in Blaine for free pick up saving the 99c.
Oh didn't know that. Is there an option to select?
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1844 posts
592 upvotes
Davhur wrote: I am in New West too and find the drive to blaine 10x better than going all the way to Pt Robert's.

Remember if you order amazon.com you can have stuff shipped to Rexall in Blaine for free pick up saving the 99c.
I used to go to Point Roberts until I realized it's 30 mins either way. I usually make it a grocery trip to Costco, Fred Meyer, Winco as well.
This $1 is tempting as most of my packages are less than 18" but the 14 days would means a more frequent trip.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 28, 2018
25 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
ffonly wrote: I e been let thru with $550 but I e also been pulled in to pay for $225 (all US $). I feel 99.9 % safe with anything under $200 US
/\ This /\

Always report it, tell the truth, and most of the time they won't bother. (e.g. I never never paid any duties/taxes even though there were a number of cases when I purchased more than $200 USD worth in a span of a few hours. Once I didn't report some books I ordered through Amazon, and the lady saw it at the back seat, asked me how much were those and then just reminded me to declare books as well. (i.e. everything. I just have my receipts with me, in case they ask for details. That's it.
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2017
983 posts
1033 upvotes
$1 forever or for a certain number of months then it skyrockets to like $6?
Member
Jan 13, 2013
487 posts
272 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone successfully ordered from Costco.com? The last time I tried was for Pulse Packages and my order was cancelled as I guess they were flagged.

Top