[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls

TheCubeNet: Unlimited Usenet Plan only $6.99/m USD

https://www.thecubenet.com/clients/cart ... l=specials

theCubeNet offers affordable unfiltered unrestricted Usenet access. Our business is built around having the most reliable Usenet access and customer service in the industry at a price that doesn't hurt your wallet. At theCubeNet we never engage in any shady billing or business practices. We’re here to provide a safe, secure and unfiltered Usenet experience unmatched by our competition. Give us a try; if you are not satisfied with our services you can take advantage of our money back guarantee.

All plans come with 1498+ days retention, US & EU Servers, 24/7 Support, Free Premium Newsreader1, and a Money Back Guarantee2
58 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Will this ever come back?

100GB Block (Only 0 left!) - Unlimited Speed, No Expiration Date, Sharable, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
TurboTronix wrote: Will this ever come back?

100GB Block (Only 0 left!) - Unlimited Speed, No Expiration Date, Sharable, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
keep checking their page. Get the unlimited if it's still available. I do over 500 GB per month.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
As of 7:38AM

Unlimited 10 (Only 31 left!) - Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Speed, 10 SSL Encrypted Connections
1 Month Price - $6.99 USD
Unlimited 50 (Only 43 left!) - Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Speed, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
1 Month Price - $8.99 USD
10GB Block (Only 34 left!) - Unlimited Speed, No Expiration Date, Sharable, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
$0.99 USD One Time
25GB Block (Only 42 left!) - Unlimited Speed, No Expiration Date, Sharable, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
$2.99 USD One Time
100GB Block (Only 25 left!) - Unlimited Speed, No Expiration Date, Sharable, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
$7.99 USD One Time
Metered 250 (Only 49 left!) - 250GB Monthly Bandwidth, Unlimited Speed, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
1 Month Price - $7.99 USD
Metered 125 (Only 48 left!) - 125GB Monthly Bandwidth, Unlimited Speed, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
1 Month Price - $6.99 USD
Metered 60 (Only 44 left!) - 60GB Monthly Bandwidth, Unlimited Speed, 50 SSL Encrypted Connections
1 Month Price - $3.99 USD
$2.99 USD One Time
Order Summary

Shopping Cart is Empty
Please choose a product to begin...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56397 posts
21417 upvotes
Andri, why post this uber hot deal a few days late? :)

This was on SD two days ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Sux wanted the one that's no longer available...
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
alanbrenton wrote: Andri, why post this uber hot deal a few days late? :)

This was on SD two days ago.
No comments, didn't pay attention
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
andriy and alan = our SD spies :)

hot deal....not as hot as the 5 dollar per month thundernews deal during black friday. just be warned that newsgroups are just not the same anymore, it is now being policed and stuff gets deleted, so retention really doesn't mean much anymore :(
just when see something that you want, grab it quick. i.e. using sickbeard, couchpotato......automate!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56397 posts
21417 upvotes
dtrader69 wrote: andriy and alan = our SD spies :)

hot deal....not as hot as the 5 dollar per month thundernews deal during black friday. just be warned that newsgroups are just not the same anymore, it is now being policed and stuff gets deleted, so retention really doesn't mean much anymore :(
just when see something that you want, grab it quick. i.e. using sickbeard, couchpotato......automate!
For every product inquiry (usually tech) I ask on SD, I get 10x the number of potential responses I would get here on RFD. :)

It also helps that the rating feature at SD is much better when people do vote a deal up or down and can change it anytime and that can be used to accurately filter real good deals. On RFD, I have to go through the hot deals thread line by line. It helps that we are getting fewer hot deals in Canada. :)
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
alanbrenton wrote: For every product inquiry (usually tech) I ask on SD, I get 10x the number of potential responses I would get here on RFD. :)

It also helps that the rating feature at SD is much better when people do vote a deal up or down and can change it anytime and that can be used to accurately filter real good deals. On RFD, I have to go through the hot deals thread line by line. It helps that we are getting fewer hot deals in Canada. :)
+1
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: For every product inquiry (usually tech) I ask on SD, I get 10x the number of potential responses I would get here on RFD. :)

true, i do like their "rating" to "flame icon" and the "rss feel" summarization of hot deals
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4237 posts
1012 upvotes
How many SSL connections do you need to saturate a 28mbps line?

Also, is there a real advantage to using SSL? I do it bc it's included as part of my block plan but just thinking about my plans after it runs out...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2689 upvotes
Vancouver
Performance of thecubenet.com is ok. They have offered this deal before with limited numbers of each option at several price tiers (e.g., 100 Gbyte block for $5.99, for $6.99, and for $7.99). Obviously the lower priced ones sell out quickly. Keep monitoring every day and you might get lucky.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1111 posts
79 upvotes
dtrader69 wrote: andriy and alan = our SD spies :)

The Black Friday deal is not likely to happen again. The amount of people who took advantage of it made Thundernews make enough money plus the cost of inflation with the last 2 years. Where are you getting the fact that newsgroups are being deleted? I found I can easily go 500+ days retention with my Thundernews and I'm still doing fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2650 posts
528 upvotes
How is this provider? I use astraweb right now, but this is 4 bucks a month cheaper. Can anyone comment on the speeds and the retentions? Also it says 1 month, does that mean when the month is over it resumes at regular billing or is it always say $6.99 for unlim?

I signed up, I'll let people know how it is shortly...

Update:
Ok I signed up for this, my astraweb renews on the 24th so this is good timing for me. I compared both with some searches, very similiar, in fact I couldn't tell much of a difference. I'm noticing even faster speeds with Cubenet, and I plan to cancel Astra, no reason to pay an extra $48 a yr.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4556 posts
1195 upvotes
Hamilton
what's "SD" stand for? I guess, what forum/place?
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sidshock wrote: what's "SD" stand for? I guess, what forum/place?
Very slick and sexy deals
Oct 1, 2011
269 posts
47 upvotes
Quebec City
Probably not for awhile, they sold out extremely quick. Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
nomnomnom