Food & Drink

Is there any all-you-can-eat dim sum restaurant in GVRD area?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2004 7:06 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver

Is there any all-you-can-eat dim sum restaurant in GVRD area?

Years ago there is one on Broadway, near where Staples is now. Did they pack up because I ate too much there? :(
6 replies
Nov 26, 2002
244 posts
Vancouver, BC
Top Gun.

Yeah, that place closed down a few years ago. My friends and I probably helped in putting it out of business by gorging ourselves. :lol:

I remember that if you asked the waiter for a multiple of one item, i.e. 3 sui mai or 4 mango puddings, they would only bring out one then make a dash away from your table. Quality was ok but the portions were small. :evil:
It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know.

GO CANUCKS GO ! (In 2009)
Oct 19, 2002
603 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
kingsway and joyce. i last went there about two years ago, and i think it's still open. tho you can pick whatever you want in whatever quantity, portion is small indeed
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
AYCE dim sum would probably be crappy dim sum don't you think?? If there ws a good one around that would be awesome.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Feb 28, 2003
196 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
AdidasROXX wrote:kingsway and joyce. i last went there about two years ago, and i think it's still open. tho you can pick whatever you want in whatever quantity, portion is small indeed

Oh man..that place! YUCK!
Been there once before and not going back.
Its called Fantastic or some adjective like that.

I think it was $8.50, but my buddy and I felt sick afterwards. You get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3115 posts
572 upvotes
it's called Charming and it's not that great, i agree

ChangMai wrote:Oh man..that place! YUCK!
Been there once before and not going back.
Its called Fantastic or some adjective like that.

I think it was $8.50, but my buddy and I felt sick afterwards. You get what you pay for.
[OP]
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh well, it seems like we really drove Top Gun out of town. It was good when it lasted :cheesygri