Students

Is there any free parking near or around York University? Or anyone live near there?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2005 10:50 pm
Sep 21, 2004
78 posts

Is there any free parking near or around York University? Or anyone live near there?

I'll be going to school this September at the Keel Campus and im wondering if theres any free parking anywhere near the campus? Even if somone wants to make a deal (i'll pay) if i could park at your house for the semester i'd be happy. Please Help!
8 replies
Jun 28, 2004
556 posts
Good idea, lol. If anyone lives around UofT's Scarborough Campus and has driveway room, I'd be willing to pay monthly :D . LMK!
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Same offer for UofT's Erindale/Mississauga Campus!

I'll be paying you monthly as well!! PM!!
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
It's pretty grimy, but my buddies would usually look for ongoing construction at any Seneca campus, and parked for free with the construction workers.

If they don't tow you, it's great... :lol:
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Sep 21, 2004
78 posts
ok you thread crowders.. its not about you... its about ME!!! i need parking near York U.. Can anyone help me with driveway space??? im willing to pay!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9294 posts
415 upvotes
My advice, don't drive to York, take the BUS!

Depending on where you live, it's TTC, YRT or GO Bus.

The best service/relatively cheaper is GO Bus for those who live in Scarborough!

Oh I see you live in Hamilton!

Ahhhhhh you COULD take the GO bus but it's gonna be alot heh!

If you do plan to drive and want to park on campus, you'd better go EARLY to get your parking pass, those lineups are horrible :( (Parking services is in PS2, the building just south of CCB)

Edit: errah, PS2 is now called the Willam Tell Center, or something like that, and CCB is just CB now.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2398 posts
16 upvotes
Take GO bus the Highway 407 bus west bus from Hunter and James (the Go terminal). It goes to Keele Campus and save your money. If you want to save more money take the HSR there :)
Sep 21, 2004
78 posts
I took the Bo Bus first year and let me tell you its a waste of money and time. It takes 2 1/2 hours each way for a grand total of 5 hours a day on a bus..... not fun. The Student ticked too was over 300 dollars which is more expensive than a months car insurance... i just need a place to park a vehicle not on campus for cheaper.
Nov 26, 2003
301 posts
1 upvote
if u park somewhere near York for free, u're gonna have to walk for 5-15mins to get onto campus. u might be able to park at Shoreham Public School on Shoreham drive west of the campus. But if you're going to park there, you might as well be safe by parking at the plaza on Jane and Shoreham drive where there's a supermarket, royal bank and pharmaplus.

hope this helps, cheers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)