Shopping Discussion

Is there any options to use Costco Capital one cash back online?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 4:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
1056 posts
107 upvotes
Halifax

Is there any options to use Costco Capital one cash back online?

I assume no based on the fine print but want to check before throwing away $18.82

Nearest Costco is 3 hours drive and with Covid we simply are not making that trip as much. The coupon expires 31 July and the fine print says at any warehouse by the primary account holder.

This means no online and no giving it to a family member correct? Is there anything I'm missing to not waste this besides going into one of the stores?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22887 posts
21731 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
For the record, I don’t have a Costco MC
So I assume the offer is coming from the CC Co and not Costco
(CC Cashback )

Call them ?
(The CC Co)

I assume you are not alone in this COVID boat.

Credit Card Cos “make deals” with their cardholders often enough to remove incorrect charges, forgive late payment interest, lower interest rates etc

Surely they can figure out some way to get the $ 18.82 credited to your account in these unprecedented times
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
1056 posts
107 upvotes
Halifax
Thank you for the reply, yes it is from Capital One.

I had to call them once, because my photo shows on my wife's card. (Costco MC doubles as your Costco card.) that nightmare was never resolved and makes me think they wont be able to handle this.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5276 posts
3743 upvotes
Vancouver
You should call to confirm but in the past, costco generally don't care too much about expiry date. With covid, im guessing they would be willing to extend it anyways but again your best bet is to call and confirm.

You can just call a store and ask. It's probably a shorter wait time and they wont ask you for membership info (at least they never asked me).
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
1056 posts
107 upvotes
Halifax
Paigne wrote: You should call to confirm but in the past, costco generally don't care too much about expiry date. With covid, im guessing they would be willing to extend it anyways but again your best bet is to call and confirm.

You can just call a store and ask. It's probably a shorter wait time and they wont ask you for membership info (at least they never asked me).
Thanks, depending on how long it is before we go again I will do this.