Careers

Is there any trade or profession, similar to my previous profession as an logistics auditor?

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2019 8:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1444 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver

Is there any trade or profession, similar to my previous profession as an logistics auditor?

Hello, I have 4 years as an logistics/warehouse auditor. I fix everything in the computer systems and on the floors. I investigate all departments and all errors in the entire warehouse, missing pallets, wrong pallets, which pallet is shipped where. I've been doing it for shoppers drug mart and save on foods. And i'm basically in charge of 2000-3000 skids/orders a month, and all the products on them, built by temps, that get shipped out. If there is even just 1 problem with a skid/order, that's when i'm on counted on, and i'm the one the gun gets pointed at if I can't fix it.

Without me, shoppers would have lost thousands of dollars, over the years, they actually did last year, because my new supervisor didn't want me to audit or investigate anything, and so more than 300 skids were either all mixed up or anonymous and shipped to the wrong places. And more than 40 skids, where the company had no idea where they were supposed to be shipped to, took me 3 weeks of investigating by myself to fix that incident. In total the company wasted more than $50,000, through shipping the wrong pallets back and forth, not shipping pallets in time, stores getting the wrong products, and wasting my time, because my new supervisor did not want me doing my original duties, though I urged and tried to tell him the importance of having an auditor. The total worth of products on every skid is at least $3000, up to $5000. One pallet could take up to 3 weeks to figure out, just to know which order it is, or which store it's supposed to be shipped to.

I loved the job very much because I was good at it. However I never got paid much, $15/hr felt very underpaid compared to how much money I was saving the company, and my responsibilities. previous company paid me $17/hr. I got paid the same as a temp order picker. I was just wondering if there is any trade or profession that closely resembles what i've been doing the past years?

Skills include routine investigations, data investigations on the computer, physical investigation of products and orders, a lot of critical thinking, each skid problem is a different mathematical problem, and has multiple ways to approach it.

I was thinking power engineering would be something that would be good for my experience, but i've never done anything like that so i'm not sure.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35227 posts
21211 upvotes
Center of Universe
You should consider a career as a SCM (Supply Chain Manager).
There's a degree program that you can look into and also a worldwide industry recognized program through APICS CSCP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1444 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
vkizzle wrote: You should consider a career as a SCM (Supply Chain Manager).
There's a degree program that you can look into and also a worldwide industry recognized program through APICS CSCP.
hmm thanks, i'll look into it. I see a lot of places hiring for supply chain people, i've never actually known what the position is though. i don't think I could get a degree for it though, doing very poorly in my first semester of college. bombed every class already.