Travel

Is there any way to check what airlines fly direct to beach destinations in Mexico (from Vancouver) around July?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2023 5:30 pm
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC

Is there any way to check what airlines fly direct to beach destinations in Mexico (from Vancouver) around July?

I'm booking a vacation around July, but I'm having a hard time finding what airlines fly direct (and to which destinations) and on what days, as knowing that would help inform my booking more easily. Thanks for your help.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2017
10212 posts
5525 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Probably none. These sun destinations tend to be winter-only. Might have to go via MEX or the US where there may actually be year-round VFR & commercial traffic.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
flowerdealer wrote: I'm booking a vacation around July, but I'm having a hard time finding what airlines fly direct (and to which destinations) and on what days, as knowing that would help inform my booking more easily. Thanks for your help.
Try Google Flights. Put YVR into the origin and CUN, PVR and whatever other sun destination you want in there.

Be aware that Mexico in July is going to be very hot and humid.
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
dr_torch wrote: Try Google Flights. Put YVR into the origin and CUN, PVR and whatever other sun destination you want in there.

Be aware that Mexico in July is going to be very hot and humid.
Yes I'm from Mexico originally and I've flown there before at that time of the year, but it's just a bit hard to know as no all destinations and days of the week have direct flights.
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
thriftshopper wrote: Probably none. These sun destinations tend to be winter-only. Might have to go via MEX or the US where there may actually be year-round VFR & commercial traffic.
There are some, it's just not every day and it depends on the airline. It's hard to tell which ones do without having some sort of list, hence my question.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1676 posts
2992 upvotes
there are 4 direct flights from vancouver to mexican destinations in july. mexico city, cancun, puerto vallarta and san jose del cabo.
science is not an opinion contest
Mar 16, 2006
429 posts
499 upvotes
Vancouver
YVR deals has a spreadsheet with all the non-stop flights from Vancouver with a beach.

https://www.yvrdeals.com/spreadsheet-ev ... to-a-beach

This may change for the summer schedule.

I use google flights too. For the destination put in Mexico ( not the airport) click non stop and play around with the dates on the map. Always book direct with the carrier to save yourself a headache.
Apr 23, 2015
439 posts
470 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
HerbieC wrote: YVR deals has a spreadsheet with all the non-stop flights from Vancouver with a beach.

https://www.yvrdeals.com/spreadsheet-ev ... to-a-beach

This may change for the summer schedule.

I use google flights too. For the destination put in Mexico ( not the airport) click non stop and play around with the dates on the map. Always book direct with the carrier to save yourself a headache.
Thanks that spreadsheet is great, just was I was looking for!
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11547 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
flowerdealer wrote: I'm booking a vacation around July, but I'm having a hard time finding what airlines fly direct (and to which destinations) and on what days, as knowing that would help inform my booking more easily. Thanks for your help.
Try skyscanner.net

Use origin “Vancouver” destination everywhere. Then click direct flights only.

Sorts by countries.
Autocorrect sucks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)