Cell Phones

Is there a cheap 2x phone plan anywhere that is cheaper than two separate standard plans (ie $35*2=$70)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 12:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2274 posts
765 upvotes

Is there a cheap 2x phone plan anywhere that is cheaper than two separate standard plans (ie $35*2=$70)

I THINK everyone is going to tell me to just pick two regular cheap plans.
3 replies
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga
Telus offers progressive multi-line discounts.
$5 each for 2 lines
$10 for 3
And $15 for 4 lines

Unfortunately their cheapest regular plan costs $70. Also I don't know if this extends to EPP lines (if you're eligible for those that is).
Also if you've got a small business registration, you should look at Costco's small business offerings.
Oct 14, 2006
187 posts
88 upvotes
Richmond
Loomy wrote: Yeah!! With Public I found 1GB (slow) data, unlimited minutes and messaging, for $25... pretty nuts. Going to be hard to beat this https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans ... MB-3Gspeed
I have never seen bundles come out cheaper. Ever. I have seen hundreds of cellphone bills, but not one bundle deal has ever been the best deal.

If you like the Telus network, I would just go with Public Mobile. Occasionally they throw on $30 for 2GB deals. That's the ideal plan to get whenever it shows up. Right now they have 2.5GB for $35/mo. Pretty good, all things considered.

3mbit (~350KB/sec) is good enough for most use, in my experience. Even videos stream fine, though you shouldn't do much of that away from WiFi. And obviously download big stuff like apps over WiFi.