• Jun 25th, 2020 11:41 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12170 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto

Are there deals on multi-city YYZ-HKG-HND

I am wondering in general if there are flight deals traveling multi-city from Toronto to Hong Kong/Tokyo? I usually fly to city with a stop-over thats only about a few hours so can't really leave the airport.

How do you find those deals? Usually Japan has flight deals from 6-800 through United or something but that stops in the States.
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
10 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1022 posts
381 upvotes
Kayak or Google Flights
Mar 6, 2014
624 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I have been seeing very cheap flights going to Tokyo from Toronto with ANA.

A thing with Asia travel is that the biggest cost is the flight to Asia itself. Once you land in Asia, you fly with Asian airlines and you pay Asian prices.

I once booked a round trip flight from Thailand to Hong Kong for $80CAD (3 hour flight with hot meal). I also flew from Singapore to Malaysia for $25CAD (1 Hour but no meal). A few years back I was booking a flight from Vietnam to Thailand and I found flights that cost only $10USD, it was like taking a bus.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2152 posts
2342 upvotes
Personally, I'd book a R/T YYZ-HKG, and a separate R/T HKG-HND
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1209 posts
1977 upvotes
Toronto
Last year, booked a trip from Toronto -> HND -> SIN, Then back from PVG -> Toronto.

a-2267671/3/ (Deal was here)

So, only need to book the SIN -> PVG part which is pretty cheap on budget airlines.

So got to visit Japan, Singapore and China for around 700 - 800 CAD. And you have the freedom to decided how long for each place.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8161 posts
1068 upvotes
Vancouver
Statistics101 wrote: I have been seeing very cheap flights going to Tokyo from Toronto with ANA.

A thing with Asia travel is that the biggest cost is the flight to Asia itself. Once you land in Asia, you fly with Asian airlines and you pay Asian prices.

I once booked a round trip flight from Thailand to Hong Kong for $80CAD (3 hour flight with hot meal). I also flew from Singapore to Malaysia for $25CAD (1 Hour but no meal). A few years back I was booking a flight from Vietnam to Thailand and I found flights that cost only $10USD, it was like taking a bus.
Ana doesn’t fly to Toronto. Need to connect in vancouver or land of the free
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2972 posts
2281 upvotes
13inches wrote: Personally, I'd book a R/T YYZ-HKG, and a separate R/T HKG-HND
Hkg to Japan is not cheap at all, around $500+ cdn round trip unless you take like HK express or vanilla air and do no luggage
Mar 6, 2014
624 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote: Ana doesn’t fly to Toronto. Need to connect in vancouver or land of the free
Sorry you are correct.

The deal requires you to do a layover in O'Hare International Airport (ORD)...

I still stand by my statement that there are some really cheap flights to Japan right now.
Mar 6, 2014
624 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
StatsGuy wrote: Hkg to Japan is not cheap at all, around $500+ cdn round trip unless you take like HK express or vanilla air and do no luggage
HK express is a fine carrier. I actually don't even know if you are allowed to fly into HK right now without a valid HK ID (ie: being a HK resident). I thought they basically shut down all foreign visits.

Another option is to fly to Taipei then fly to HK, it used to be cheap but not sure anymore. Taipei and Tokyo are 2 great places for a long-layover, maybe even a 1 or 2 niter in each city. You can fly Jetstar from Tokyo to Taipei for $128, then fly to Hong Kong for $127 via Hong Kong Airlines.

Unless you have a specific area in Asia you need to hit, a Toronto > Tokyo > Taipei > HK trip is not a bad idea at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2972 posts
2281 upvotes
Statistics101 wrote: HK express is a fine carrier. I actually don't even know if you are allowed to fly into HK right now without a valid HK ID (ie: being a HK resident). I thought they basically shut down all foreign visits.

Another option is to fly to Taipei then fly to HK, it used to be cheap but not sure anymore. Taipei and Tokyo are 2 great places for a long-layover, maybe even a 1 or 2 niter in each city. You can fly Jetstar from Tokyo to Taipei for $128, then fly to Hong Kong for $127 via Hong Kong Airlines.

Unless you have a specific area in Asia you need to hit, a Toronto > Tokyo > Taipei > HK trip is not a bad idea at all.
After adding up all the fees,not allowed to bring own food or drinks etc.. it's not that much cheaper . It's basically like spirit air

Hkg permits people to transit without need for any quarantine now .