Health & Wellness

Is there a deodorant for other body parts?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 10:25 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2013
616 posts
835 upvotes
Saint John

Is there a deodorant for other body parts?

Is there a deodorant for other body parts other than underarms? (Hopefully someone know what I'm talking about)
As far as I know almost all deodorants should be applied to underarms only.
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
7997 posts
4729 upvotes
Edmonton
Have you talked to a doctor to make sure there's not a medical reason why some other parts of your body smell bad?

C
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1625 posts
353 upvotes
demon1102 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 3:34 pm
(Hopefully someone know what I'm talking about)
Can you elaborate? Which body part? The internet is anonymous, don't worry!

Otherwise, I'd say a general body mist or body spray can cover a wide range of smells.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5045 posts
980 upvotes
Richmond Hill
use naturally antibacterial soap when shower
Nov 15, 2009
337 posts
52 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:46 pm
use naturally antibacterial soap when shower
+1

I use Asian Supermarket Soap

Margo Original New Pure Neem Extract and Vitamin E Moisturizer for clear skin. Really clears up body odor.

Cinthol Lime Fresh by Godrej is another soap

The soap might be expensive compared to larger size here, but well worth it to remove odors.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5045 posts
980 upvotes
Richmond Hill
demon1102 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 3:34 pm
Is there a deodorant for other body parts other than underarms? (Hopefully someone know what I'm talking about)
As far as I know almost all deodorants should be applied to underarms only.
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 2:20 pm
+1

I use Asian Supermarket Soap

Margo Original New Pure Neem Extract and Vitamin E Moisturizer for clear skin. Really clears up body odor.

Cinthol Lime Fresh by Godrej is another soap

The soap might be expensive compared to larger size here, but well worth it to remove odors.
i use carbolic soap or tea tree oil soap, which can be found at bulk barn. You can also use african black soap.

Where can i buy the Margo soap?
Nov 15, 2009
337 posts
52 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:37 pm
i use carbolic soap or tea tree oil soap, which can be found at bulk barn. You can also use african black soap.

Where can i buy the Margo soap?
You can buy Margo soap in Indian grocery store. Small Indian grocery might not keep every brand of soap. I brought mine from Asian (Large Indian grocery store) located at Albion and Hwy 27 (if I am correct) Etobicoke area I think they call it. It where the flea market is. Single bar of soap cost around $1.00 or $2.00 or so. (size wise it is smaller then North American soap) There is also a package which contain more Margo soap in one pack costing more. But I wouldn't try bigger package, try it first with a single Margo soap. I usually buy the soap that are almost all sold out. (knowing it's a good soap). It keeps odor out most of the day, it's not a cure all soap. But I find it better then most North American Soap.

Some soap contain Sandalwood, which are good but not long lasting as Margo. I just like the odor of the soap, strong.

Amazon.ca sell Margo soap too but at a way higher price which I wouldn't dish out.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5045 posts
980 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 8:30 pm
You can buy Margo soap in Indian grocery store. Small Indian grocery might not keep every brand of soap. I brought mine from Asian (Large Indian grocery store) located at Albion and Hwy 27 (if I am correct) Etobicoke area I think they call it. It where the flea market is. Single bar of soap cost around $1.00 or $2.00 or so. (size wise it is smaller then North American soap) There is also a package which contain more Margo soap in one pack costing more. But I wouldn't try bigger package, try it first with a single Margo soap. I usually buy the soap that are almost all sold out. (knowing it's a good soap). It keeps odor out most of the day, it's not a cure all soap. But I find it better then most North American Soap.

Some soap contain Sandalwood, which are good but not long lasting as Margo. I just like the odor of the soap, strong.

Amazon.ca sell Margo soap too but at a way higher price which I wouldn't dish out.
is there something that i might hate about this soap? like is there a weird scent or the after feeling (i.e. feels oily afterwards)?
Nov 15, 2009
337 posts
52 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 8:58 pm
is there something that i might hate about this soap? like is there a weird scent or the after feeling (i.e. feels oily afterwards)?
Yes, there is a scent to it. I can't describe it. More like leaves scent, something similar to Irish Spring Soap but longer lasting and bit stronger. (masking odor to people around you, but it does give off some odor in early stage) It's like feeling more clean for longer hours. I don't feel oily afterward but more refreshing. I don't know if Margo soap is only for facial wash but I use it while showering. Does it smell like Dettol, a bit.

The problem with most soap is, it removes oil from the skin. Once the oil is removed you get dry skin, promotes itching. My doctor told me to use the soap in vital places like armpits and so on. But once in a while I use Margo soap all around my body. Feels rejuvenated, refreshed. If you work in a dusty place then of course you can consider more soap.

Try Margo soap for $1.00 or $2.00. If it doesn't work out, forget about it.

Those Brahmins (Priest) in temple smell awesome. Never asked them what soap they use. Probably combination of soap and incense stick.

Yes, I am still looking for that ideal soap that would last entire day with pleasant smell.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5045 posts
980 upvotes
Richmond Hill
thanks. i don't really care about smelling good (prefer to be scent free), i just don't want to smell bad.
MasterMK wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:21 pm
Yes, there is a scent to it. I can't describe it. More like leaves scent, something similar to Irish Spring Soap but longer lasting and bit stronger. (masking odor to people around you, but it does give off some odor in early stage) It's like feeling more clean for longer hours. I don't feel oily afterward but more refreshing. I don't know if Margo soap is only for facial wash but I use it while showering. Does it smell like Dettol, a bit.

The problem with most soap is, it removes oil from the skin. Once the oil is removed you get dry skin, promotes itching. My doctor told me to use the soap in vital places like armpits and so on. But once in a while I use Margo soap all around my body. Feels rejuvenated, refreshed. If you work in a dusty place then of course you can consider more soap.

Try Margo soap for $1.00 or $2.00. If it doesn't work out, forget about it.

Those Brahmins (Priest) in temple smell awesome. Never asked them what soap they use. Probably combination of soap and incense stick.

Yes, I am still looking for that ideal soap that would last entire day with pleasant smell.
Nov 15, 2009
337 posts
52 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:25 pm
thanks. i don't really care about smelling good (prefer to be scent free), i just don't want to smell bad.
The thing is, from what other has said to me. Is that you can't smell you own body odor. Yes, you might be able to tell some smell on you clothes if you been cooking for long period of time. But one cannot detect to great extent how ones own body smells. This is where people around you come into focus. They can tell how you body smell. If you do decide to purchase Margo soap, ask people around you to assess you thought the day to get and idea if that soap particularly worked for you.