Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion 2018

Are there going to be lineups at major electronic retailers on black friday?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 2:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
50 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver

Are there going to be lineups at major electronic retailers on black friday?

I've never gone in person to shop on black friday before and would like to hear from people who have, especially for retailers that sell electronics like Best Buy, Walmart, and EB Games. I've decided not to shop online later tonight because I rather have it tomorrow, so my question is, should I expect there to be lineups before these stores open? The last time I lined up was way back like maybe 7-8 years ago on boxing day and the line was pretty long by the time the store opened (Best Buy). I guess I'm trying to get a general sense of what I can expect as I'm thinking about arriving early like maybe half an hour to an hour before opening. Overall, how would you compare BF to boxing day in terms of this?
Last edited by VancouverVince on Nov 21st, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 reply
Oct 6, 2007
128 posts
51 upvotes
Yes I suspect you should expect a similar line to what to experienced on Boxing Day for sure. Depending on the deal you want online is the better option. If it's a door crasher then the earlier the better if you can stand the cold. Goodluck!